• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

D

dreamingofdeath

May 22, 2018
I have already signed up to be a Living organ donor (Kidney) but it likely will not kill me. Which should be happening soon.

However, I am looking for something that I can do to help those that do desire life and have a will to live before I die.

I wonder if there is some way I could die during recovery from donating organs so that they can just take the rest of em. I wish there was some way to sign off on them taking all of em and just donate my body to science.

There are not exactly puppies and old people everywhere about to get hit by busses, and there is nothing more I want to do with my life.

Ideas?

D

dreamingofdeath

May 22, 2018
Oh? I figured they would take all the useful stuff out then just let med students play with it.

Really its whatever helps the most people is what I would want.

M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
Donating one's body to science isn't really a bad thing since it might (might...) contribute to finding new things to improve the lives of others. That said, I prefer the idea of donating organs to those who actually need them. It is just... trickier. Watch Seven Pounds (a film). Without spoiling the whole thing, I can tell you it touches the subject in a fairly interesting manner.

To kill yourself and have medics find your body in time to actually use your organs is not easy. If they are called too soon, they might "save" you; Too late and your organs will be of no use anymore. Tricky, indeed. Having someone else alert the medics could work, but then you are putting someone in risk of being sent to jail for aiding you in suicide. Very tricky.

Also, perhaps it is only where I live, but even if you sign a "document" saying your organs should be donated, the final decision is ultimately at the hands of your family (or whoever is responsible for the body after your death). Which quite honestly sucks.

D

dreamingofdeath

May 22, 2018
I will check out the movie, thank you.

I was thinking a shotgun should be quick enough for organ donation if they get to me in time. I don't want to overdose on anything as that could poison the organs.

Reactions: Cyanide
T

TheStartOfEnding

May 1, 2018
If you want to help others, stay alive, you can't help others by being dead (your organ will help someone only in extremely rare occurences, it's almost impossible to do that with a non-medically assisted suicide, it will hardly be viable once your corpse will be found )

I personally feel 0 desire to help or contribute anything to a pro-life society, it's because of them and their prohibition that suicide is made extremely hard.

D

dreamingofdeath

May 22, 2018
I just want to offset the damage that my death will do, not sure how I will do that.

Moonicide

Moonicide

ᴘʜᴀꜱᴇꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ
Nov 19, 2019
I'm an organ donor myself. I figured might as well do some good when I exit this world.
I know there's people out there severely ill and if one of my organs could help them live a better life, then that's great.

Dazedandconfused32

Dazedandconfused32

She was the worlds biggest mistake
Jun 16, 2019
How long can a body go undiscovered before your body is no longer useful? Also how does it work if you're registered to donate your body to science and your a suicide? Will they still take you? How will the medics and or coroner know that you wanted your body donated? I'm registered but I feel there's a missing link once I'm dead and them being notified etc. I'd like my body donated as to not have funeral cost' and to obviously help in anyway that I can. If it helps knowing I'm in the US and my method is N.

Last edited: