TypeDef_End_Bye

TypeDef_End_Bye

Nov 16, 2022
I never or rarely seek actual help.

/

I can't seem to like anything. I just hate everything.
I'm delusional and attention-seeking most of the time.
I lie pathologically.
I'm also very unpleasant to my family and friends.
I'm also lazy and unmotivated.
Finally, I dwell on everything, especially my past.

/

I want help. I want the meds to work. But they don't.

• Hugs
Reactions: Cathy Ames, donealready, ColorlessTrees and 2 others
Dizzylady80

Dizzylady80

Experienced
Nov 5, 2020
Are you seeing a therapist? They might have some tools or tricks to help with the pathological lying. I know that there are mindfulness exercises that can help you stay more in the present and not dwelling on the past. As far as being unmotivated, scheduling activities instead of doing them on the fly might help, also having an accountability buddy: sometimes when I can't get myself o do something I text my friends "tell me to do this thing" and even tho I asked them to, being told to do something in this way helps me. I can't tell you how many times I've been stuck in bed from depression and asked my friends to tell me to get the fuck up šŸ˜‚ it's silly but it works for me

I'm sorry you're having a hard time bb ā¤ but I'm glad you want to get better! That's incredibly important, hold on to that

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Cathy Ames, TypeDef_End_Bye and Regen
TypeDef_End_Bye

TypeDef_End_Bye

Nov 16, 2022
Are you seeing a therapist? They might have some tools or tricks to help with the pathological lying. I know that there are mindfulness exercises that can help you stay more in the present and not dwelling on the past. As far as being unmotivated, scheduling activities instead of doing them on the fly might help, also having an accountability buddy: sometimes when I can't get myself o do something I text my friends "tell me to do this thing" and even tho I asked them to, being told to do something in this way helps me. I can't tell you how many times I've been stuck in bed from depression and asked my friends to tell me to get the fuck up šŸ˜‚ it's silly but it works for me

I'm sorry you're having a hard time bb ā¤ but I'm glad you want to get better! That's incredibly important, hold on to that
This might help, thx friend.
ĀæHelp books?
Recommendations please

• Love
Reactions: Dizzylady80
Larkins

Larkins

Apr 10, 2022
This is fantastic news, to both reach out and take the effort to start breaking down areas of yourself you want work on is a massive step. Please don't underestimate the courage it has taken you to write this post.

The first thing I noticed is that you know there are several different things about you you wish to change. It's so important to be able to analyse yourself in such a way that you're able to objectively clarify certain traits. Otherwise people sometimes tend to mix them all up in a big grey emotional bowl of gloop.

I'm not sure about which books but perhaps try to pick one area that you really want to change and start to Google (or better still chatgpt) about it. Find out all there is to know about it. Start feeling a little more in charge. This will build your confidence about it and help you start to address it. You will find excercises you can undertake to train you brain not to follow the same path as before. It's hard. It's a pain in the ass. But it is most definitely worth it.

And then there's this place. There are many people who are in recovery and will be happy to reach out to give support.

Hope this helps!

• Hugs
Reactions: TypeDef_End_Bye and Cathy Ames