Extra Expression

Extra Expression

Jul 1, 2023
Been suicidal for a while now, so from time to time I look for ways to die. But most methods are either too difficult to do (like gathering materials for it and such) or there's a chance for failure.

One of my plans was to jump onto a highway, but then I realized that there's a decent chance that I won't fully die, and instead I'll survive with broken bones and be hospitalized my entire life, while being on suicide watch which would make it impossible for a second attempt. Or jump from a high place, but I've heard of people surviving such falls and be forever hospitalized.

Another thing to deal with is that I'm scared of the pain, in which most methods involve pain.

For me, the best method of death is by gunshot. A bullet into the head is quick, easy, and painless.
But the problem is that I'm not American. I live in a country where it's a bit difficult to get a gun in general.

I'm kinda jealous of Americans and how easy and accessible guns are for them.

• Hugs
Reactions: melwarson, Praestat_Mori, sensenmann and 1 other person
P

Prime0

May 16, 2023
This is not as easy as you think. Even with the headshot you can survive.
Yeah but like with what chance? 1%? You can survive with literally every method, a bullet to the head is still despite everything one of the best methods.

Reactions: melwarson
Grimscribe

Grimscribe

In Defense of Non-Existence
May 16, 2023
I also wish that access to guns were easier in my country, just so that a relatively quick and easy method would be available to me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Prime0 and melwarson
P

Prime0

May 16, 2023
It's very hard to leave this horrible fucking world, non existence is the exact same thing as dreamless sleep yet it's so hard to achieve that state.

Reactions: anhedonicNfoggy
Dmoore3232

Dmoore3232

Student
Jun 20, 2023
I was in a mental hospital and my roommate was someone who shot himself and missed and injured his throat. We used to play cards. Ya you can mess it up.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I despise how suicide is purposely made so difficult in this dreadful world, it's just so inhumane to me how we cannot just leave in peace without risks and complications. The difficulty of suicide is what has always kept me here despite seeing non-existence as being the only relief, suicide should be much easier and I get that it's tiring feeling trapped here.

U

UtopianElephant

Student
Nov 26, 2022
Not as easy as outsiders think. Every state requires truthfully filling out 4473 form as well as background check. Many states now require private sales to submit to background check at FFL dealer.

Some states are very restrictive with gun ownership, e.g., New Jersey, Illinois, California, Massachussettss, etc where you need a permit card as well as letters of approval.

Last edited: