A

anyoneshorizon

Jun 8, 2022
I hate my smile my nose, my cheeks, I hate looking in the mirror, I hate how I look when is talk, I hate feeling the need to hide my face, not going out because i just feel uncomfortable, not having any confidence, not having any self-love, not feeling good enough. I know it a mental thing but i just cant get passed it and it makes my life shit. I wish i looked better im sure my life would be better more friends more confidence.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, Smart No More, OpheliasFlowers and 1 other person
L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
I hate my smile my nose, my cheeks, I hate looking in the mirror, I hate how I look when is talk, I hate feeling the need to hide my face, not going out because i just feel uncomfortable, not having any confidence, not having any self-love, not feeling good enough. I know it a mental thing but i just cant get passed it and it makes my life shit. I wish i looked better im sure my life would be better more friends more confidence.
I've had a few cosmetic surgeries, botox and restylane fillers. None of it ever really made me feel any better, other than the botox which only last for a couple of months. Neither did any of the surgeries or fillers change my life or make it better.

Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
We need to learn more from the Koreans (in aesthetics) who undergo treatments and surgeries until they feel moderately well (in appearance) it's about taking care of yourself and improving your confidence gradually. I understand how looks can ruin your self-esteem, self-confidence and even your social life, disability makes you look ugly in some way.

S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
I think coming to terms with the things you don't like about your appearance takes some time. It can totally happen. I mean you might never fully be happy with your looks but the harsh reality of life is that most aren't. Even conventionally good looking people are rarely content. Look what Zak Effron did to his chin/jaw recently. And that's a mild example. The amount of women I see ruin their looks when the thing they try to 'correct' was actually beautiful and had character. And lets not forget that the consensus (which is never absolute) on what's atteactive is fickle and evet changing.

I understand that those examples don't necessarily make a person feel better in the now. It's just that I'm trying to point out that perception has a big part in our outlook and its not an absolute thing. In fact it's turbulently fluid. And the same applies when identifying "ugliness". What was once ugly can become very attractive. An example off the top of my head are two actors in the most recent season of game of thrones. The young girl (air to the throne) and the guy who played Dr Who are both people who were once far from attractive in the public eye of a different time. The young girl almost as a look that would have possibly been considered features of somebody 'inbred'. Matt (whats his name) has unconventional looks but is somehow attractive.

Symmetry plays a huge part in looks/attraction and a lot of it is due to genes and a subconscious understanding of what looks indicate about a persons genes.

Remember the term "does my ass look big in this?" asked with fear by females worldwide. And now look at it. The bigger the ass the better in pop culture. I'm not a big ass fan myself. It's more about shape for me personally but that's not really important. I'm just trying to highlight just how subjective and almost paradoxically pointless they are unless you happen to exist at just the right time for your looks to fit a period in time.

Being fat was once desirable because it indicated wealth. All the renaissance paintings of buxom women with relatively moderate breasts and plain features were considered pinnacle beauty where these days they're somewhat unattractive by a certain demographic.

These are really vanilla examples believe it or not. All around the world there are "kinks" for pretty much every variable in looks. Overbite, underbite, amputee, heroin sheek, poor hygeine, long faces, short faces, big ears, big noses...... The list goes on and on. I actually find a certain variation in teeth really attractive on a girl. I've seen girls get their teeth capped or whatever, to make them perfectly straght and they totally lost their character and attractiveness in the process. The same happens with all these lip fillers lately. Thin, natural lips can be attractive. Are attractive. Again, I can understand fixing symmetry. Making your mouth look like a slapped baboons ass though? It makes me lose respect for the person. Vanity is as ugly as natural beauty is beautiful. To me at least.

I'm probably not saying anything helpful here. I have to admit to having allowed my mins to run away with me a little and ehat I initially started posting for was to say that, even if you can't find a happines or acceptance of your looks just accepting that can be cathartic if you can find other things in life you enjoy. Whether it's creative pursuits, consuming media, learning, playing video games, being an activist in what you hold dear and true etc. These things can all be incredibly fulfilling in combination or isolation. In perusing these things and engaging in ways that are true and somewhat progressive can be elevating in such a way that one day you find your acceptance come naturally and quite possibly time may come round appreciate the way you look above what was once briefly conventionally attractive. But id it doesn't you'll probably find people find you more attractive for your richness of mind and the modest confidence it affords you.

Perhaps more importantly you could change your looks only to wake up in a few years time regretting it because the looks you had are now desired and being coveted and attained by surgical means. The chances of that happening are actually very high.

Somebody that takes care of themself, grooms well but values theirself as someone aside from their looks is massively attractive to me. You might be beautiful but you don't know it. Many people are and being surrounded by vanity to the extreme is killing our perception and ability to see what we have.

Have you ever seen someone you found instinctively ugly/unnatractive only to find yourself increasingly attracted to them with repeat viewings? I have!

• Love
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers
L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
I think coming to terms with the things you don't like about your appearance takes some time. It can totally happen. I mean you might never fully be happy with your looks but the harsh reality of life is that most aren't. Even conventionally good looking people are rarely content. Look what Zak Effron did to his chin/jaw recently. And that's a mild example. The amount of women I see ruin their looks when the thing they try to 'correct' was actually beautiful and had character. And lets not forget that the consensus (which is never absolute) on what's atteactive is fickle and evet changing.

I understand that those examples don't necessarily make a person feel better in the now. It's just that I'm trying to point out that perception has a big part in our outlook and its not an absolute thing. In fact it's turbulently fluid. And the same applies when identifying "ugliness". What was once ugly can become very attractive. An example off the top of my head are two actors in the most recent season of game of thrones. The young girl (air to the throne) and the guy who played Dr Who are both people who were once far from attractive in the public eye of a different time. The young girl almost as a look that would have possibly been considered features of somebody 'inbred'. Matt (whats his name) has unconventional looks but is somehow attractive.

Symmetry plays a huge part in looks/attraction and a lot of it is due to genes and a subconscious understanding of what looks indicate about a persons genes.

Remember the term "does my ass look big in this?" asked with fear by females worldwide. And now look at it. The bigger the ass the better in pop culture. I'm not a big ass fan myself. It's more about shape for me personally but that's not really important. I'm just trying to highlight just how subjective and almost paradoxically pointless they are unless you happen to exist at just the right time for your looks to fit a period in time.

Being fat was once desirable because it indicated wealth. All the renaissance paintings of buxom women with relatively moderate breasts and plain features were considered pinnacle beauty where these days they're somewhat unattractive by a certain demographic.

These are really vanilla examples believe it or not. All around the world there are "kinks" for pretty much every variable in looks. Overbite, underbite, amputee, heroin sheek, poor hygeine, long faces, short faces, big ears, big noses...... The list goes on and on. I actually find a certain variation in teeth really attractive on a girl. I've seen girls get their teeth capped or whatever, to make them perfectly straght and they totally lost their character and attractiveness in the process. The same happens with all these lip fillers lately. Thin, natural lips can be attractive. Are attractive. Again, I can understand fixing symmetry. Making your mouth look like a slapped baboons ass though? It makes me lose respect for the person. Vanity is as ugly as natural beauty is beautiful. To me at least.

I'm probably not saying anything helpful here. I have to admit to having allowed my mins to run away with me a little and ehat I initially started posting for was to say that, even if you can't find a happines or acceptance of your looks just accepting that can be cathartic if you can find other things in life you enjoy. Whether it's creative pursuits, consuming media, learning, playing video games, being an activist in what you hold dear and true etc. These things can all be incredibly fulfilling in combination or isolation. In perusing these things and engaging in ways that are true and somewhat progressive can be elevating in such a way that one day you find your acceptance come naturally and quite possibly time may come round appreciate the way you look above what was once briefly conventionally attractive. But id it doesn't you'll probably find people find you more attractive for your richness of mind and the modest confidence it affords you.

Perhaps more importantly you could change your looks only to wake up in a few years time regretting it because the looks you had are now desired and being coveted and attained by surgical means. The chances of that happening are actually very high.

Somebody that takes care of themself, grooms well but values theirself as someone aside from their looks is massively attractive to me. You might be beautiful but you don't know it. Many people are and being surrounded by vanity to the extreme is killing our perception and ability to see what we have.

Have you ever seen someone you found instinctively ugly/unnatractive only to find yourself increasingly attracted to them with repeat viewings? I have!
Yeah it's odd, I'm a perfectionist regarding my own appearance to the point I'll undergo surgeries and such. But my taste in appearance for others is imperfections and the opposite of what most people in society finds attractive.

Reactions: Smart No More
theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
you know
Sometimes we're not ugly, but sloppy.

B

Banshee

Student
Oct 25, 2021
Me too. Just today I said something negative about myself to a friend and she said "say something nice about yourself now!" I literally couldn't think of anything, I replied with "my immune system works because my cold is almost gone" that's all I could think of.