• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

D

departindarkness

Mar 10, 2024
As I drove tonight I thought of a man who worked on I believe the James Webb telescope. He was some project lead and had dedicated some crazy amount of his life to the telescopes development. Something like twenty years. He cried as he spoke of it blasting off into space.

Humanity is so charming - despite our collective horrors, abject selfish and terrified behavior. We are pretty cool.

I see this as a blessing on my part l. Though my heart aches and my soul remains fearful, though I have been hurt since childhood by these creatures, I have been able to know somehow, beyond the inescapable pain and endless self imposed torment that humans are fucking awesome and weird and interesting.

We do amazing shit.

I do not hold with those of us who say that existence is evil, or pointless. Do I want it to end? Yes. I want my personal slice of reality and I cease. But I want the collective to continue striving in awe at the glory and wonder of this insane, terrible, beautiful reality.

I so badly wish that I could return to the person I was. I wish that I could become as involved and interested in something and dedicated not just two decades to something, but the whole of my life.