Smashingairwaves

Smashingairwaves

misery factory
Nov 15, 2018
There's been a few discussions on what people believe in, in terms of afterlives and religious beliefs, but no discussions on IF people really want to go to an after life.

I really do not want an afterlife. I would say I'm about 99% sure there is nothing after this life, but there's always that thought in the back of my mind; 'what if there was?'

I am sick of the mental suffering I have currently, and that is the reason I want to die. The thought of an afterlife, even an amazing heaven, fills me with fucking dread. I don't want to exist anymore. I don't want the same thoughts plaguing me in another life. I don't want new thoughts plaguing me either.

I really, really just don't want to exist.

Does anyone else hope there is nothing after this life?

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, 837, the-eternal and 12 others
L

LetMeDiePlease

Aug 29, 2018
I hope we get to choose whether we want an afterlife or not, and if we do, we can choose exactly what happens in it. But that is very likely just a fantasy...

Reactions: Singing In The Rain, Morbid Cam, GiveMeNovacaine and 10 others
Trashcan

Trashcan

Trash
Aug 31, 2018
Same. I never understood the appeal of existing forever.

Reactions: Singing In The Rain, Lifeisatrap, lv-gras and 4 others
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
I don't believe in an afterlife. There is no evidence for it and the sources that claim there to be one are totally unreliable.

Reactions: Singing In The Rain, Lifeisatrap, skitliv and 4 others
V

Vegrau

Wizard
Nov 27, 2018
Same. I had enough of this life I dont want another for crying out loud.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, lv-gras and Weeping Garbage Can
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I don't believe in an afterlife. There is no evidence for it and the sources that claim there to be one are totally unreliable.

This. I am also an atheist myself and one of my reasons for believing there isn't an afterlife is that there wasn't a "beforelife" which is the millions or billions of years before one is born, before one gains conscious and becomes a sentient being. I was neither happy nor sad and was peaceful before I existed so I'd imagine that death would be the same.

Reactions: ChickenAndPotatoes, Lifeisatrap, lv-gras and 3 others
Amira

Amira

Student
Nov 15, 2018
There's been a few discussions on what people believe in, in terms of afterlives and religious beliefs, but no discussions on IF people really want to go to an after life.

I really do not want an afterlife. I would say I'm about 99% sure there is nothing after this life, but there's always that thought in the back of my mind; 'what if there was?'

I am sick of the mental suffering I have currently, and that is the reason I want to die. The thought of an afterlife, even an amazing heaven, fills me with fucking dread. I don't want to exist anymore. I don't want the same thoughts plaguing me in another life. I don't want new thoughts plaguing me either.

I think there is something after death. But i dont think it will be a good one for some of us. So i would rather hope for nothing than something really bad. If it is bad then i would rather have that than life.So to me it doesnt matter as long as i am not alive. I am a christian.But strangely the more i think about suicide the further i am moving from God. I havent prayed in weeks. Really weird to me. I think i have given up on God.

Reactions: ChickenAndPotatoes, Bex83, lv-gras and 2 others
F

Finallyhere

Student
Oct 30, 2018
I hope we get to choose whether we want an afterlife or not, and if we do, we can choose exactly what happens in it. But that is very likely just a fantasy...

Well this is what I believe.

Reactions: lv-gras, worldexploder, Weeping Garbage Can and 1 other person
S

stargazer

Arcanist
Nov 19, 2018
As an atheist nowadays, I'd like to think we'll all get what we want. It's all in the mind, right? Those "Few seconds" between living and death could actually be "an afterlife." Who knows.
I like it supposedly said Steve Jobs (without putting him or this alleged quote on a pedestal) "it's 50/50" "sometimes I think there is/isnt"
Something if you google it

Reactions: ChickenAndPotatoes, lv-gras, Justanotherconsumer and 2 others
Retched

Retched

I see the chaos in your eyes.
Oct 8, 2018
I've read that some people who believe in reincarnation think that if you ctb then you will immediately be reborn and you will suffer again until you learn your lesson. If that is true, I must have ctb in my last life and I'm choosing to not believe in this school of thought because I'm suffering enough this time around. This year has been my own pure hell and I don't want to think about living an afterlife or being reincarnated. I'm tired enough as is.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Miss clefable and lv-gras
B

BjartNO

Student
Sep 21, 2018

I guess my belief in an afterlife of some sort is so low, or non-existant really, that i'm not very concerned.
It's just a moot point.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Miss clefable and lv-gras
B

BjartNO

Student
Sep 21, 2018
I personally wouldn't actually mind an afterlife, though. I like life, I just don't like mine.
Again however, it's a moot point.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Morbid Cam, lv-gras and 1 other person
Sinbad

Sinbad

Self-Annihilation is loading...95%
Nov 27, 2018
The afterlife we all share is Nothingness. You experienced it before your were born.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Lifeisatrap, lv-gras and 1 other person
I

Idorus

Arcanist
Apr 30, 2018

I don't hope / I'm sure about it / no worries.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and lv-gras
muretax

muretax

Alien
Nov 13, 2018
I have my own belief system based off of my own opinions and I'm personally hoping I'm right and that there is an afterlife and possibly reincarnation. Just because this lifetime is shit doesn't mean the next one will be too. But I'll be perfectly fine if it's just an after life. Personally, thinking that it may be nothing and it's just lights out kind of scares me.

Reactions: ChemicallyCalm, ChickenAndPotatoes and lv-gras
Threads

Threads

Warlock
Jul 13, 2018
I'm going to go smoke ganja with God and haunt the living shit out of pro-lifers, when I die.

Shit's gonna be lit, you're all welcome to join me.

Reactions: Morbid Cam, muretax, Retched and 5 others
Xerxes

Xerxes

Invisible
Nov 8, 2018
I used to think that the afterlife is like in the movie What Dreams May Come with Robin Williams. He dies, goes into the afterlife and he gets to live inside his paintings. As time went on, I grew older, my view of the afterlife is something I can never be worthy of if such a thing exists. I don't want an afterlife, nor reincarnation, just complete soul annihilation. I want black and I want lights out.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and lv-gras
BurningLights

BurningLights

He killed himself with his own mind
Jul 2, 2018
I can never be worthy of if such a thing exists
This is now my thinking, the torture we experience is in our minds, if we do go to an afterlife, then we will not have to deal with the troubles that our minds suffered from.
I believe I have killed my soul through my actions, so there is nothing but nothing waiting for me.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Lifeisatrap and lv-gras
T

Tyuiop

Student
Nov 25, 2018
Often i have wished to sleep and never wake up, but just as often i wish to wake up from this nightmare. I remember the few good times and wish to be back there. And i remember taking mdma and that heaven costs 10 euros... when i took drugs, all the suffering was magically gone from my mind, and i believe that heaven would be like that, like you're on drugs all the time.

Aesthler

Aesthler

Death is the only God who comes when you call
Sep 25, 2018
The reality is nobody knows cause you'd have to be dead to verify what's actually going to happen. We can theorize till the universe experiences heat death and we'd be no closer to knowing the truth of it. All you can do is accept that it's going to happen eventually, though I think most people are less worried about death naturally rather than that act of dying by your own hand. Is there really a difference or is it just so stigmatized into our brains the mere thought brings us irrational fear? That's also something that's impossible to know. Acceptance is the only real way to feel at peace with it either way though it's not easy to overcome because fear clouds judgement and feeds into itself.

Last edited:
Reactions: stellabelle, UnknownOutlaw and Lavalamp
L

Lifeisatrap

Arcanist
Oct 5, 2018
Same, there's nothing more horrific to me than the thought of 'eternal life'. To exist is to be under some kind of influence. I don't want to be under any influence 'good' or 'bad'. The only thing I'm nostalgic for are the years before I was born. Plus I'm a misanthrope and the thought of having to co exist with people in some form or another for all eternity is the defination of eternal damnation.

Morbid Cam

Morbid Cam

Oct 28, 2018
I wouldnt mind an afterlife as long as it's nothing like this life, this is some absolute Bull, this life sucks.

Reactions: ChemicallyCalm
T

transgenderfailure

Subhuman Creature
Apr 30, 2018
I used to think there is no afterlife, that we go back to the statr we were in before we were born. But then I thought to myself, how do I with my current brain know what it was like before I was born? Maybe I lived many existences... But just have no recollection of them. That shit scares me cause what I don't want is to kill myself to then be reborn again, because I just don't want to exist if there's a possibility that I may suffer again the way I am suffering now.

muretax

muretax

Alien
Nov 13, 2018
I'm going to go smoke ganja with God and haunt the living shit out of pro-lifers, when I die.

Shit's gonna be lit, you're all welcome to join me.
This is by far the best comment I have read yet lmao

Reactions: Threads
ChemicallyCalm

ChemicallyCalm

Nothing Special
Nov 24, 2018
I actually hope there is an afterlife. I really want to see my family and friends who have passed away.

Reactions: Morbid Cam and Jenna
M

MisterSadness

Nov 28, 2018
I truly hope so too.
One time of this nightmare is enough.

loz

loz

Dead inside
Nov 19, 2018
Even a utopian heaven would be hell for me. I don't care if everything is perfect; I'll still be miserable.