sometimes.sometimes

sometimes.sometimes

Student
Jun 4, 2023
I found this cat while I was on the phone with my mom about thirty mintues ago. He was really hot, and panting. I ran inside my grandmas house (I have been staying with her so I can figure out somethings) and got a bowl with water. I ran back out to give it to the cat, and he drank the water. He was scared, and hot, and I just wanted to help him out. I got to the point where I picked him up and carried him into my grandmas apartment. She was saying how she wasn't allowed to have him and that there is no litter box and i messed up. We figured out who the owner was, and when I knocked on the door I heard someone yelling at me. i messed up i hate myse;f he was hot and i wanted to help him

I want to die i want to die i want to die

I just wanted to help him out i want to die so bad i want to die

how do i die already? i will jsut leave at midnight i fucking hate myself i fucking hate myself i want to die

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: bloodystarzklt, pole, venin and 9 others
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
how did you mess up exactly? you did a kind thing.

Reactions: peace_van, Skathon, venin and 5 others
O

olearius

wannabe polymath
Jun 25, 2023
You probably saved that cat's life. It's really frightening when people yell, at us, or around us. And sometimes it puts us so far on the edge we think we've done something really bad. But that's just what our scared brain tells us - it's not always true.

Reactions: BrainShower, venin, jar-baby and 1 other person
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
I just saw this post and wanted to tell you that you did NOT mess up!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You probably saved that poor cat's life. The idiot owners' were the ones who screwed up. There aren't many people who are as compassionate and caring as you who would care about another living creature to take such good care of it. Thank you for saving the kitty's life. I commend you!!!

Reactions: BrainShower, peace_van, venin and 7 others
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Don't be so hard on yourself. You clearly have remorse because the cat was suffering and you immediately decided that you should help the cat. The people who yelled at you only did so because they were probably worried that their cat disappeared and maybe they were stressed out because of it so their first thought was to yell at you when you brought the cat back to them. I'm sorry that you think you did something wrong after being yelled at by the owners of the cat, everyone would think so.

Reactions: venin, jar-baby, Suicidebydeath and 1 other person
020x

020x

Suffering will end when the existence does.
Jul 6, 2023
The way you're writing makes me assume that you're underage for some reason? But whatever it is, the fact that you probably saved the cat from extreme thirst and feeling bad about it just isn't right. You did a good thing. The rude owners of the cat have nothing to do with you. Don't worry about it.

Reactions: venin and rationaltake
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
The way you're writing makes me assume that you're underage for some reason? But whatever it is, the fact that you probably saved the cat from extreme thirst and feeling bad about it just isn't right. You did a good thing. The rude owners of the cat have nothing to do with you. Don't worry about it.
Don't assume that people are underage just because of how they write, the OP might've been stressed at the time of writing this so they probably couldn't think clearly.

Reactions: Skathon, SleepyRobloxGrl, venin and 2 others
P

passerby01

Jul 25, 2023
Google Translate:

You just want to help the kitten, there is absolutely nothing wrong, please never deny what you think is right.

Reactions: jaxxon_sunn, olearius and rationaltake
020x

020x

Suffering will end when the existence does.
Jul 6, 2023
Don't assume that people are underage just because of how they write, the OP might've been stressed at the time of writing this so they probably couldn't think clearly.
You're definitely right. That's why I didn't call them underage straight up but instead I said that it makes me feel like I would assume it for some reason. Of course, I understand that people can write differently when in a very emotional state. And it wouldn't matter to me anyways even if it was the case. We're all here cause we need to support each other.

Reactions: venin and アホペンギン
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
I so relate to your anguish. You stepped up and helped the cat. He wouldn't have drunk the water if he didn't need it. I'm so sorry you got yelled at. You're truly compassionate.

Reactions: venin and Lostandlooking
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
People can be really sensitive about their pets, you did a good thing bringing them water, cats only pant when they're very hot or stressed. Please don't pick up other people's pets without their permission though, other than that it sounds like everyone overreacted. I can relate to unsupportive relatives.

rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
If I'd been the owner I'd have been so grateful that you gave the cat water and took him inside before coming to let me know. You did absolutely the right thing.

Reactions: Skathon and Peerless_Cucumber
sometimes.sometimes

sometimes.sometimes

Student
Jun 4, 2023
I'm 18. I guess I am still trying to get out of that childlike vocabulary and writing, haha

ejt

ejt

Apr 7, 2023
I'm sorry the cat's owner was mean and unappreciative. I think you did the right thing by helping the cat. If you'd kept it without trying to find it's owner, that would have been different, but you helped the cat when it needed help. (Really, cats should be indoor-only, but that's a huge topic of debate). Anyway, please try not to beat yourself up! (I know it's not easy!) You did a kind thing and I'm sorry you feel like you should be dead.

Reactions: Ker, rationaltake and BurgundySnap
absolutelyyou

absolutelyyou

peaceful
Jul 26, 2023
You absolutely didn't mess up a thing, you likely saved that kitten from dying in the heat, those people were only yelling about you since they were projecting their own insecurities as fuckups that almost killed their kitten. You saved a life :heart:

Reactions: venin and rationaltake
BurgundySnap

BurgundySnap

Sick of being sick
Jul 19, 2023
Hello, I think you did a kind thing. You said the cat was scared, I think he appreciates a person who did not scare him again. You did a kind thing for an animal, and that matters.
How else would it be? If it was not you, who would help that cat? It was thoughtful, and it was valuable to him.
I am so sorry you were yelled at. Being yelled at is stressful, I imagine it was awful.
If I was the cat, I would appreciate it if you did this for me. You did nothing wrong, I believe it.

Reactions: rationaltake
sometimes.sometimes

sometimes.sometimes

Student
Jun 4, 2023
People can be really sensitive about their pets, you did a good thing bringing them water, cats only pant when they're very hot or stressed. Please don't pick up other people's pets without their permission though, other than that it sounds like everyone overreacted. I can relate to unsupportive relatives.
I would have asked to pick up the cat, but it was late at night and extremely hot

Reactions: marlyn
M

marlyn

Apr 19, 2023
What you did was very kind and caring and compassionate. I wish more people were so sensitive and caring, then some of the yelling might stop.

• Hugs
Reactions: BurgundySnap