• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

a_pine_tree

a_pine_tree

Jan 21, 2023
So I tried night night last night, used rolled up socks and a belt (the military kind, without holes, fully adjustable). I tightened it and felt my head, fingers, jaw, teeth, ears and even whole hands feel weird at some point (tingling, feeling my heartbeat fast and loud in them). But then nothing more, for a few minutes, it didn't change
Was I supposed to tighten it more, wait longer, or maybe use bigger things than rolled up socks? I don't really understand what I did wrong since I felt stuff, but that then it stopped getting "worse". (I tried 3 times, didn't get the placement right the first time, panicked the second cause the feelings came way faster than I expected, and the third I tightened it slowly and waited maybe 5 minutes, I didn't have a suicidal attack or anything so I didn't really have the strength to try more)

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds and ranaway
M

Mordrea

Mar 20, 2023
I tried the other day and the same thing happened to me. I was using rolled and taped up washcloths. I attempted twice. First time I think I got to much of the jugular because of the head pressure. So, I readjusted and tightened the ratchet strap as tight as it would go. It cut off the windpipe a bit, which was uncomfortable and then a cold sensation came over me on the left side of my body and I panicked because I didn't read anything about a cold sensation whatsoever in the Night-Night Mega Thread, I was not expecting it. I want to try again, but my neck is a little sore and swollen so it's hard to find the "sweet spots" again. Considering Partial Hanging as my Plan B.

hella.physched

hella.physched

May 13, 2023
So I tried night night last night, used rolled up socks and a belt (the military kind, without holes, fully adjustable). I tightened it and felt my head, fingers, jaw, teeth, ears and even whole hands feel weird at some point (tingling, feeling my heartbeat fast and loud in them). But then nothing more, for a few minutes, it didn't change
Was I supposed to tighten it more, wait longer, or maybe use bigger things than rolled up socks? I don't really understand what I did wrong since I felt stuff, but that then it stopped getting "worse". (I tried 3 times, didn't get the placement right the first time, panicked the second cause the feelings came way faster than I expected, and the third I tightened it slowly and waited maybe 5 minutes, I didn't have a suicidal attack or anything so I didn't really have the strength to try more)
You might have been compressing the jugular vein instead? It's superficial to the carotid artery. So you we're blocking blood from coming out, instead of blocking it from coming in….which is the whole point of night night.
Or maybe you were compressing the vagus nerve?

Reactions: avaruus
H

HonestAbe

Jul 3, 2023
I did last night because my SAD is triggering my bipolar royally and my friend went insane on me. I love her and she went crazy over nothing. I was already feeling it and told her that this time of year messes me up every year and she ignored it and kept talking about herself as usual.

After our argument or whatever insanity it was, I broke down grabbed my new belt and went to the bathroom. I'd been researching the doorknob thing and while it's legit (a friend did it years ago), I'm just too weak to do it. Not in that major low you need to do it I guess. I broke down again then tried to compose myself. Didn't sleep and was angry and sad at the same time over her, another failed attempt or half attempt. Pathetic and lost with no end in sight.

It also doesn't help a good friend of mine killed himself 10 years ago today and last night it hit me earlier in the day that this month always killed him too. It actually did sadly.

I've been suicidal off and on since junior high but I want out so bad, but I'm stuck. It's such a horrible helpless feeling. I feel all of you and your pain. The real people in my view. Why is it so hard for society to understand this is normal? Feel like more of a failure than usual but it happens.