24SecondsTillDawn

24SecondsTillDawn

May 16, 2023
I had a pretty bad depressive episode last summer, but after that, I thought things were slowly starting to get better. And around November/December. I was really happy. I loved my job, I was happy with how my friendships were going, I finally finished finals for college that semester, my transfer from community college to a university was approved, I started losing weight, and I just felt better about myself.

Then the first week of January I got sick and its just been down hill from there. My grandpa died, I found out the store I work at is getting shut down at the end of January, I had to deal with my mother (who I haven't talked to in about four years because she's a narcissistic asshole) at the funeral, some of my friends have been driving me insane, the new semester of college started and I'm already having a hard time with classes, and my dad keeps talking about how many issues my cat is causing even though she is the thing that keeps me going.

In less than a month it seems like everything has just done a complete 180 and I feel terrible again and I am wondering why I'm even working this hard. I don't want to do two more years of college. I don't want to just work for the rest of my life. I just don't wanna have any responsibilities anymore but I know that's never gonna happen. I just don't know what to do anymore.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: doormat25, Forever Sleep and Catch-22
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Thats how it goes for me too, sometimes years of being well and happy.

Then illness hits and feel suicidal again. Mental illness is a complicated and tricky area.

• Love
Reactions: 24SecondsTillDawn