perdredenord

perdredenord

he/him • wishing for a will to live
Dec 26, 2020
I woke up this morning and was immediately in heavy, uncontrollable tears. I've been trying to get an appt with a therapist for a month now, the one I've been talking to the entire time still has not had a real session with me, we keep having issues. I feel like I'm not being taken seriously by her and I don't think anyone really takes me seriously. She asked me today to try another session on Friday. If it fails again, I don't know what I'm going to do.
I don't even want to have it anymore. I just want to leave. I think it's time for my departure. I think I'm gonna save my checks and stimulus money in January and take my trip in February. I can't fucking take this anymore

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Barracuda91, KleinerWolf, Miss_Takes and 10 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I feel like I'm not being taken seriously by her
I've never found it possible to be taken seriously by any medical professional or therapist. I hate to be down on therapists and there probably are some somewhere who are good.

I was put through a two year ordeal of being experimented on with 12 different psychiatric drugs when all along I had hypothyroidism. So I'm a little bit skeptical of this entire thing, therapists and shrinks can all go to hell.

I advise to not put faith in any therapist and realize they probably don't really give a damn about you and are just doing a job.
I woke up this morning and was immediately in heavy, uncontrollable tears. I've been trying to get an appt with a therapist for a month now
Is there someone else you could try? I think the things you have said sound seriously aggravating.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: stygal, Sakura94, Ἡγησίας and 3 others
perdredenord

perdredenord

Dec 26, 2020
I've never found it possible to be taken seriously by any medical professional or therapist. I hate to be down on therapists and there probably are some somewhere who are good.

I was put through a two year ordeal of being experimented on with 12 different psychiatric drugs when all along I had hypothyroidism. So I'm a little bit skeptical of this entire thing, therapists and shrinks can all go to hell.

I advise to not put faith in any therapist and realize they probably don't really give a damn about you and are just doing a job.

Is there someone else you could try? I think the things you have said sound seriously aggravating.
I have been on somewhere in the area of 26 medications, I have tried TMS, hypnotherapy, and ketamine. My last option is Electroconvulsive therapy. If I have to be put under and electrocuted in order to function like the average neurotypical person, I think I'd rather die

Reactions: NegativeSymptoms, virginiawoolf86, followingfate and 1 other person
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
I have been on somewhere in the area of 26 medications, I have tried TMS, hypnotherapy, and ketamine. My last option is Electroconvulsive therapy. If I have to be put under and electrocuted in order to function like the average neurotypical person, I think I'd rather die
I had actually asked to get electroconvulsive therapy, fully believing my shrink that what I had was depression, even though I kept telling him at every session it felt like it was physical. Thank God I didn't go through with it.

Have you had your thyroid checked with a TSH test? That number on that test needs to be down near or at 1 to get rid of depression.

Last edited:
perdredenord

perdredenord

Dec 26, 2020
I had actually asked to get electroconvulsive therapy, fully believing my shrink that what I had was depression, even though I kept telling him at every session it felt like it was physical. Thank God I didn't go through with it.

Have you had your thyroid checked with a TSH test? That number on that test needs to be down near or at 1 to get rid of depression.
I've gotten so many tests, lol. There hasn't been a single test that's indicated there is ~ anything ~ wrong with me. All of my tests come back saying I'm in the ideal range of whatever thevhell I got tested for. And then, of course, since these tests are coming back clean, my insurance is deciding that I don't need any of them, so they won't cover them, and I'm getting more bills piled on.
There's something horribly wrong with me and no one can figure out what it is.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
There hasn't been a single test that's indicated there is ~ anything ~ wrong with me. All of my tests come back saying I'm in the ideal range of whatever thevhell I got tested for
Doctors do not realize that the TSH thyroid test needs to have the lower number on the result possible. The "acceptable" range is too broad. People need to get their own test results on the TSH test and see that it is at 1. Not at 3, 4 or 5.

perdredenord

perdredenord

Dec 26, 2020
Doctors do not realize that the TSH thyroid test needs to have the lower number on the result possible. The "acceptable" range is too broad. People need to get their own test results on the TSH test and see that it is at 1. Not at 3, 4 or 5.
I don't know what to do. I've cried, I've yelled, I've demanded, I've begged, I've been nice, I've been mean, no one seems to think there's anything wrong with me and I must be making it up or exaggerating.
I can't keep doing this. I don't want to try anymore

• Hugs
Reactions: virginiawoolf86
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
I don't know what to do. I've cried, I've yelled, I've demanded, I've begged, I've been nice, I've been mean, no one seems to think there's anything wrong with me and I must be making it up or exaggerating.
In some places you can pay and order your own tests such as the TSH test. There is one online too that uses a drop of blood from a finger but I don't know how accurate that one is. I might order it to try it.

perdredenord

perdredenord

Dec 26, 2020
And then what does that do for me, how can that help me?