• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Rabitfever

Rabitfever

Mar 18, 2020
I have a feeling that using a combination of Nitrogen exist and CO will guarantee a quick and peaceful death. The Nitrogen exit bag method alone should be sufficient but there is a risk of the person accidentally removing the mask or the oxygen seeping through because of issues with the flow or seal. Similarly, with CO, the issue is that the ppm may not be high enough and you may end up breathing some Oxygen along with it, ultimately causing permanent neurological damage without dying.

My plan is to use the exit bag in a closed, air tight room and let charcoal burn next to me in an open metallic vessel. Even in the case that Oxygen seeps through my mask or if I pull my mask out for whatever reason, the CO will compete with the surrounding Oxygen. So in a way, the only two substances I will breath are N2 or CO. This is guaranteed to kill me and I wouldn't even know it since it takes just a few seconds to get knocked out. I will post notes outside my room regarding the dangers of entering the room without gas masks and make sure the window is easy to access. I will leave some gas masks right next to the door too.

Can anyone who knows about these two methods critique this plan? Thanks in advance

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and Joarga
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
From my research, I believe CO is sufficient in and of itself if done correctly, and will be my method, most likely.

N

Ninaea

May 10, 2022
I'd advise against this. The charcoal is going to produce copious amounts of smoke, and no room is airtight enough to keep out all smoke. I don't know about your living situation/location, but this makes it highly likely someone will notice and barge in to "save you". At that point you'll probably be suffering neurological damage. If someone is worried about air leaking into their mask, putting some duct tape around the mask, and making sure you trim any facial hair should do the trick.

Reactions: ShornSoloists, OuijaBored, Pain In The Ass and 4 others
Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
I'd advise against this. The charcoal is going to produce copious amounts of smoke, and no room is airtight enough to keep out all smoke. I don't know about your living situation/location, but this makes it highly likely someone will notice and barge in to "save you". At that point you'll probably be suffering neurological damage. If someone is worried about air leaking into their mask, putting some duct tape around the mask, and making sure you trim any facial hair should do the trick.
That's why you start it outside and bring it inside once the coals are white? Right?

Reactions: NobodyKnowsMe and locked*n*loaded
Rabitfever

Rabitfever

Mar 18, 2020
I won't burn it inside. I'm planning to rent..I don't mind renting a whole ass condo or anything that will increase privacy.
I won't burn it inside. I'm planning to rent..I don't mind renting a whole ass condo or anything that will increase privacy.
I'm actually more worried about the possibility of all the gases mixing.. I'm not a chemistry expert though

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I would also advise against the charcoal part of this plan, since thie method generally works well in a car, if done correctly, or another small enclosed space, plusi t might set off a smoke alarm. It's almost always better to do one method as well as possible rather than to do two methos. If you know know is needed for the exit bag I would do this as well as possible. Charcoal could be a bckup plan for another day, hopefully in a smaller enclosed space. I hope you can find peace somehow.

Reactions: OuijaBored and Ashu
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
It works very well if you follow the procedure and it's very quick and painless. If you get the concentration up above 10000 ppm, it takes only seconds for unconsciousness. No smoke. As .CTB said, you wait until the charcoal is white hot and the smoke stops. Then the coals emit almost pure CO. There's an entire section on it in the PPH, and a Megathread, too. All the info is there. CO is a colorless, odorless gas. In my situation, there is no one to thwart my attempt. It may be weeks before anyone finds me, maybe after the mail starts piling out of the box.

Reactions: ShornSoloists, outrider567, Ashu and 1 other person
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
It works very well if you follow the procedure and it's very quick and painless. If you get the concentration up above 10000 ppm, it takes only seconds for unconsciousness. No smoke. As .CTB said, you wait until the charcoal is white hot and the smoke stops. Then the coals emit almost pure CO. There's an entire section on it in the PPH, and a Megathread, too. All the info is there. CO is a colorless, odorless gas. In my situation, there is no one to thwart my attempt. It may be weeks before anyone finds me, maybe after the mail starts piling out of the box.
If you have a house to yourself this makes all methods easier. If you follow this correctly it is a method that can work. A lot of people make the mistake of having smoke go into th earea, but if you know what you are dong and have a house to yourself your odds are much better.

Reactions: Ashu
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
If you have a house to yourself this makes all methods easier. If you follow this correctly it is a method that can work. A lot of people make the mistake of having smoke go into th earea, but if you know what you are dong and have a house to yourself your odds are much better.
I guess I'm lucky that way. It must be about the ONLY good luck I've ever gotten in my entire miserable existence. My normal is if it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all. I plan on many tests and dry runs before I'm ready and I'll have it nailed by then. I'll be buying a good meter to accurately measure the CO and I'll be stopwatching it to see how long it takes to get above 10000 ppm. I'll be ctb in my garage, either in an enclosure I build, or in a tent, not in my house. And I'll be using three buckets of white hot coals to make it faster. I guess this is about the only blessing having absolutely no one, not even family, there is.

• Hugs
Reactions: NobodyKnowsMe, outrider567, Ashu and 1 other person
Rabitfever

Rabitfever

Mar 18, 2020
I guess I'm lucky that way. It must be about the ONLY good luck I've ever gotten in my entire miserable existence. My normal is if it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all. I plan on many tests and dry runs before I'm ready and I'll have it nailed by then. I'll be buying a good meter to accurately measure the CO and I'll be stopwatching it to see how long it takes to get above 10000 ppm. I'll be ctb in my garage, either in an enclosure I build, or in a tent, not in my house. And I'll be using three buckets of white hot coals to make it faster. I guess this is about the only blessing having absolutely no one, not even family, there is.
Curious what you think about the Nitrogen method and what made you choose CO over that? From what I can tell, the former is more reliable

Reactions: outrider567, Ashu and Someone123
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
For one, the CO method is cheaper and I'm cheap. Too easy to rip the mask off for Nitrogen. With CO, I just plan on building up the CO in an enclosure, or tent, in my garage, entering the tent, laying down, and going right to sleep. When I first came to SS, I actually already had a plan to ctb with CO, but using car exhaust instead of charcoal, but decided charcoal would be better. I have an old car that I've been holding onto for this purpose, but I think charcoal is better after doing a lot of reading, so I just modified my plan a little. Not really sure I have anything against Nitrogen. Truthfully, I'd rather use N, but it costs a lot, although I can afford it, but with everything going on right now with the N, I won't risk trying to get it. Also, I read quite a few threads with users using CO in one form or another and there are a lot of crossed off names in all of them.

• Informative
Reactions: NobodyKnowsMe, Ashu, Rabitfever and 1 other person
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
For one, the CO method is cheaper and I'm cheap. Too easy to rip the mask off for Nitrogen. With CO, I just plan on building up the CO in an enclosure, or tent, in my garage, entering the tent, laying down, and going right to sleep. When I first came to SS, I actually already had a plan to ctb with CO, but using car exhaust instead of charcoal, but decided charcoal would be better. I have an old car that I've been holding onto for this purpose, but I think charcoal is better after doing a lot of reading, so I just modified my plan a little. Not really sure I have anything against Nitrogen. Truthfully, I'd rather use N, but it costs a lot, although I can afford it, but with everything going on right now with the N, I won't risk trying to get it. Also, I read quite a few threads with users using CO in one form or another and there are a lot of crossed off names in all of them.
I read about a case of charcoal working in a car in the news, so this did give me some confidence in this method. I have read of people here failing with this method when they bring the charcoal into an encl0sed space while it is still smoking- thbat seems to be the most common mistake.

Reactions: NobodyKnowsMe, Ashu and Rabitfever
Efilismislife

Efilismislife

Psychopath family tortured me
May 25, 2021
For one, the CO method is cheaper and I'm cheap. Too easy to rip the mask off for Nitrogen.
Is there any case where they rip off the mask after being unconscious not because they ran out of gas or any fault?
Nitrogen exit bag method alone should be sufficient but there is a risk of the person accidentally removing the mask or the oxygen seeping through because of issues with the flow or seal. Similarly, with CO, the issue is that the ppm may not be high enough and you may end up breathing some Oxygen along with it, ultimately causing permanent neurological damage without dying.
But nitrogen method use bag not mask? And from what i know it doesnt need to be fully sealed to let some gas out

Reactions: outrider567 and Rabitfever
Rabitfever

Rabitfever

Mar 18, 2020
But nitrogen method use bag not mask? And from what i know it doesnt need to be fully sealed to let some gas out
I believe mask is better. Bag without a seal can also work but there are more risks. I think I read that nitrogen is lighter than other gases so it rises and occupies the space above so even if it's not air tight, you can die. But the risk is when your body involuntarily moves, it might displace the setup. With the mask and a sealant, it becomes more secure

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
is there any case where they rip off the mask after being unconscious not because they ran out of gas or any fault?
It isn't about the ripping off after unconsciousness, it's the before when SI kicks in. Again, I don't think there is anything wrong with Nitrogen. I just happened to settle on CO. I don't see that much of a difference between them, actually.

Reactions: Rabitfever
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
It isn't about the ripping off after unconsciousness, it's the before when SI kicks in. Again, I don't think there is anything wrong with Nitrogen. I just happened to settle on CO. I don't see that much of a difference between them, actually.
I think your plan for CO seems like the best plan I have seen on this site for finding peace, to be honest. There is hope that the next life will be better and I hope that it can be for you.

Reactions: Ashu
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I read about a case of charcoal working in a car in the news, so this did give me some confidence in this method. I have read of people here failing with this method when they bring the charcoal into an encl0sed space while it is still smoking- thbat seems to be the most common mistake.
I don't plan on making those mistakes and I plan on lots of practice and verifying with a meter. I've read about those cases, too, but I can learn from those mistakes and make sure I don't make them.

Reactions: NobodyKnowsMe, Ashu and Someone123
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I don't plan on making those mistakes and I plan on lots of practice and verifying with a meter. I've read about those cases, too, but I can learn from those mistakes and make sure I don't make them.
You have a plan for finding peace. Maybe one last thing to consider is- are you sure you want to do this? Is there possibly a path to happiness left? If not, then I do support choice, of course. But it's worth it to be sure. Did you want to discuss your reasons for wanting to ctb, or is it just not worth it at this point?

Last edited:
Reactions: rationaltake and Ashu
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
You have a plan for finding peace. Maybe one last thing to consider is- are you sure you want to do this? Is there possibly a path to happiness left? If not, then I do support choice, of course. BUt it's worth it to be sure. Did you want to discuss your reasons for wanting to ctb, or is it just not worth it at this point?
You're not one of those shiny-happies, are you? LOL Yes, I'm sure. It isn't gonna be tomorrow. I still have some things I need to take care of. No, there is no path to happiness left for me. I've weighed everything very carefully. On my proverbial "balance scale" I have about 10 reasons why I need to go on one side, and cannot come up with even a single reason not to go to put on the other. And I've pondered this long before even making it to SS. My entire family has died. Everyone. Full stop. I am alone. Full stop. I am unneeded by anyone. Full stop. I am utterly exhausted. Full stop. My work is over. Full stop. I have done what I need to do here. Full stop. I need peace. Full stop. I'm getting older and, eventually my health will start to go, and have no one to help. Full stop. I don't want to risk waiting any longer and end up, possibly, not being able to make my choice. Full stop. Nothing has gotten better for me in even the slightest way in at least 27 years. Full stop. I haven't had any happiness in........ I honestly can't remember when it was last. Full stop. This world sucks. Full stop. Is that enough reason?

• Hugs
Reactions: NobodyKnowsMe and outrider567
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
You're not one of those shiny-happies, are you? LOL Yes, I'm sure. It isn't gonna be tomorrow. I still have some things I need to take care of. No, there is no path to happiness left for me. I've weighed everything very carefully. On my proverbial "balance scale" I have about 10 reasons why I need to go on one side, and cannot come up with even a single reason not to go to put on the other. And I've pondered this long before even making it to SS. My entire family has died. Everyone. Full stop. I am alone. Full stop. I am unneeded by anyone. Full stop. I am utterly exhausted. Full stop. My work is over. Full stop. I have done what I need to do here. Full stop. I need peace. Full stop. I'm getting older and, eventually my health will start to go, and have no one to help. Full stop. I don't want to risk waiting any longer and end up, possibly, not being able to make my choice. Full stop. Nothing has gotten better for me in even the slightest way in at least 27 years. Full stop. I haven't had any happiness in........ I honestly can't remember when it was last. Full stop. This world sucks. Full stop. Is that enough reason?
Of course, it's your decision. I've been here since October and there have been between five and ten people I have had long strings of DMs with. Two have changed their minds, four have ctb'd, and the rest have left the site. I support choice definitely, it's jsut worth it to explore how certain a person is before they leave. Your plan is so thorough that I thought there would be no doubt, but it's worth considering things. You have a home and you clearly have a lot of intelliigence, and these are plusses, but these things alone don't make life worth living. Could connecting with friends help? Just wondering. Could having pets help? This can help sometimes. I can understand having a plan ready for when you health starts to fail, that makes sense to me. I totally respect the right to choose, but I wonder if you might still have a chance at happiness if you connected more with friends. I know I don't, I badly want to leave in the next couple of months- my finnances have not gone well and there isn't enough time to turn this around, plud cwertain social things haven't gone well- I never recovered from the hell my parents put me through and I'm in my fifties. I fully support choice, but I just cna'tr hekp but wonder if connecting with some friends in person in your area might make things better for a while. It must be so nice to have a peaceful plan ready to go whenever you need it. I do think that most likely the next life will be a lot better so I can understand that sometimes the struggle just isn't worth it any more.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Of course, it's your decision. I've been here since October and there have been between five and ten people I have had long strings of DMs with. Two have changed their minds, four have ctb'd, and the rest have left the site. I support choice definitely, it's jsut worth it to explore how certain a person is before they leave. Your plan is so thorough that I thought there would be no doubt, but it's worth considering things. You have a home and you clearly have a lot of intelliigence, and these are plusses, but these things alone don't make life worth living. Could connecting with friends help? Just wondering. Could having pets help? This can help sometimes. I can understand having a plan ready for when you health starts to fail, that makes sense to me. I totally respect the right to choose, but I wonder if you might still have a chance at happiness if you connected more with friends. I know I don't, I badly want to leave in the next couple of months- my finnances have not gone well and there isn't enough time to turn this around, plud cwertain social things haven't gone well- I never recovered from the hell my parents put me through and I'm in my fifties. I fully support choice, but I just cna'tr hekp but wonder if connecting with some friends in person in your area might make things better for a while. It must be so nice to have a peaceful plan ready to go whenever you need it. I do think that most likely the next life will be a lot better so I can understand that sometimes the struggle just isn't worth it any more.
I don't have any friends. And I don't want any more pets. I've euthanized two dogs already in my life and never even got over that. I'm in my fifties. I feel like I've lived - whatever it is that means - long enough. Honestly, I'm not one who believes in anything after this "life". Each day is the same for me as the previous. I don't get any phone calls, because there is no one to call me. I don't even get robo-calls anymore, not that I want them anyway. And no, I don't want to go somewhere and try new things and meet new people. I'm way past that. I'm not interested in anything anymore. Getting to where I feel "comfortable" enough, that I can go with some peace, knowing that I didn't leave a giant amount of "stuff" for some stranger, appointed by the court, to clean-up in my estate, after I'm gone is what is keeping me going now. I'm not going to get it where I would really like to and I know that. Eventually, I'll just say enough, it's close enough. By that time I'll have everything ready. Probably by next Spring, as long as I make it that far. We'll see.

Reactions: FinishingLine
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I don't have any friends. And I don't want any more pets. I've euthanized two dogs already in my life and never even got over that. I'm in my fifties. I feel like I've lived - whatever it is that means - long enough. Honestly, I'm not one who believes in anything after this "life". Each day is the same for me as the previous. I don't get any phone calls, because there is no one to call me. I don't even get robo-calls anymore, not that I want them anyway. And no, I don't want to go somewhere and try new things and meet new people. I'm way past that. I'm not interested in anything anymore. Getting to where I feel "comfortable" enough, that I can go with some peace, knowing that I didn't leave a giant amount of "stuff" for some stranger, appointed by the court, to clean-up in my estate, after I'm gone is what is keeping me going now. I'm not going to get it where I would really like to and I know that. Eventually, I'll just say enough, it's close enough. By that time I'll have everything ready. Probably by next Spring, as long as I make it that far. We'll see.
Ok. I have listened to many near death experience accounts, and many of them contradict each other, so who knows what might be real. But some accounts have a person floating outside their body and seeing things that they couldn't have learned any olther way, so they are not just dreams or hallucinations. I think there is a good chance that we will go to a much better place after this, but I do worry about whether some of us might go to a worse place. I haven't been able to convince myself that any religion has it figured out, so I suppose I am agnostic as fas as that goes, though I think there is most likely an afterlife that is most likely better. Don't be surprised if your sould keeps on living after your body dies. I hope you can find peace and maybe a happier life.

Reactions: outrider567
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
Yep, we had a calico cat for 12 years that we were crazy about--After putting her to sleep in 2005, we were so in shock that we agreed to not get another pet at any time in the future

• Hugs
Reactions: Someone123
Efilismislife

Efilismislife

May 25, 2021
I dont understand though. If ripping it before, when still conscious then that means its because not ready to suicide?
Not because involuntary
I believe mask is better. Bag without a seal can also work but there are more risks. I think I read that nitrogen is lighter than other gases so it rises and occupies the space above so even if it's not air tight, you can die. But the risk is when your body involuntarily moves, it might displace the setup. With the mask and a sealant, it becomes more secure
What kind of mask?
I read conflicting theory which confused me. When using nitrogen method did the body move involuntary or tremor spasm jerking whatever?

Last edited:
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
some accounts have a person floating outside their body and seeing things that they couldn't have learned any olther way, so they are not just dreams or hallucinations.
They could have been in the recesses of the mind all along and were able to be pulled out from there because of the profoundness of the experience. Everything we see, hear, taste, smell, and touch is stored somewhere in our minds, even if those experiences lasted only fractions of a second and we weren't even consciously aware we even experiences it.

Efilismislife

Efilismislife

May 25, 2021
@outrider567 have you read about involuntary movement with nitrogen method?
some said we can lie down. Would people mess up the setting, bag, etc after being unconscious with nitrogen?
I dont understand though. If ripping it before, when still conscious then that means its because not ready to suicide?
Not because involuntary

What kind of mask?
I read conflicting theory which confused me. When using nitrogen method did the body move involuntary or tremor spasm jerking whatever?

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
They could have been in the recesses of the mind all along and were able to be pulled out from there because of the profoundness of the experience. Everything we see, hear, taste, smell, and touch is stored somewhere in our minds, even if those experiences lasted only fractions of a second and we weren't even consciously aware we even experiences it.
What I mean is that sometimes when people float outside their bodies in these situations they'll see things like- oh,m my sister was running towards the hospital wearing a red dress and my brother had on jeans and a greean cota, somtimes things in much more deatil than this, and these things could not come from any memory because they match the situation exactly. So there is very strong evidence that during ndes people often float outside thie bodies and see and kinds of details that could not be seen any other way, and they match the situation perfectly. Then they float up and see a bright light and things go from there- and peopel insist that it was nothing like any dream they have ever had, that it was so much more real than that. These very smiliar experiences come from religious, agnostic, and atheist people from all over the world. Having these observations matched up lends credibility to the idea that the soul survives after the body dies. Of course not everyo0ne believes this, but this appears very lkely to me from hearihng about all of these ndes.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
What I mean is that sometimes when people float outside their bodies in these situations they'll see things like- oh,m my sister was running towards the hospital wearing a red dress and my brother had on jeans and a greean cota, somtimes things in much more deatil than this, and these things could not come from any memory because they match the situation exactly. So there is very strong evidence that during ndes people often float outside thie bodies and see and kinds of details that could not be seen any other way, and they match the situation perfectly. Then they float up and see a bright light and things go from there- and peopel insist that it was nothing like any dream they have ever had, that it was so much more real than that. These very smiliar experiences come from religious, agnostic, and atheist people from all over the world. Having these observations matched up lends credibility to the idea that the soul survives after the body dies. Of course not everyo0ne believes this, but this appears very lkely to me from hearihng about all of these ndes.
To me, these experiences indicate some type of a "soul rising up over the body it once inhabited" kind of thing and my mind will just not comprehend something like this, as it doesn't believe in that kind of thing. But, I do believe that everyone has the right to believe as they wish. I don't know what to make of experiences like this, but I do think that there is some rational, scientific explanation for it, as yet not understood.

W

woknows

Experienced
Dec 12, 2020
Is it possible to get a gas canister of CO?

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
To me, these experiences indicate some type of a "soul rising up over the body it once inhabited" kind of thing and my mind will just not comprehend something like this, as it doesn't believe in that kind of thing. But, I do believe that everyone has the right to believe as they wish. I don't know what to make of experiences like this, but I do think that there is some rational, scientific explanation for it, as yet not understood.
For me, and I agree that anyone can believe what they choose, I believe these experiences have happened because this type of information have been verified many times from cases involving atheists, agnostics, and religious people- from all ages and from all over the world. Where tthings go from nthere who knows, a avriety of things have been eported, though the most common involves meeting uyp with a beimng that is all light and who seems very loving, so there is some hope of this experience. In a much smaller p-ercentage of these cases are descriptions of hell. Who knows what to expect, but to me these is hope of a better life.