N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
There is a German wikipedia articel on it but not on English. Or other languages sadly.

I am too lazy to translate it myself I used google translator. For this.
The term overachiever is an Anglicism for people who perform above their - incorrectly classified - physical and / or mental performance and provide more be more successful than can be expected from performance tests. The term "overachiever" is usually used in the school environment

Though I have to clarify this. I will probably never have a career though. I am way too fragile. But I had very very good grades at school and now in college. People tell me how smart I was. But I am a fraud. I just spend all my time on education. Due to the abuse I am wired in a wrong way.

I think this term overachiever fits pretty much on me. Here in an English article which elaborate on it.

"Overachiever vs. High Performer: What's the Difference?
Overachievers and high performers are both people who objectively succeed in their academic and professional settings, but their attitudes differ. Overachievers may favor their professional life over their personal life, putting in many hours to be a step ahead, which may cause resentment amongst coworkers and peers. Overachievers may also experience burnout because of all their extra work."

"4 Signs of an Overachiever"
"There are a few ways to tell if someone is an overachiever. Consider the following common traits:"
  1. "1. Burnout: Overachievers may burn bright but fast; the extra effort to get ahead and succeed can drain and take a toll on one's mental health and self-esteem.
  2. 2. Expansive knowledge: Overachievers are studious and knowledgeable in their field. They usually put in more effort than others to attain this know-how.
  3. 3. Strong drive: A passion for succeeding in the workplace and climbing the corporate ladder or being an A student in the classroom through long study sessions are indicators of an overachiever.
  4. 4. Unhealthy work-life balance: Overachievers typically work long hours, which can adversely affect their personal life and strain relationships with loved ones."
I had two psychosis so far because I learned too much. Though it was pretty pathological due to the fact I was in a manic episode. Currently I also wanted to make thread about the question whether I have a life (outside of this forum, college ect.) I think I have learned some very essentail lessons from these mental breakdowns. I need breaks, I have to be more friendly towards myself, I need time to calm down.

I think I only have these good grades because I spend way too much time into it. I feel like a fraud. Some people who tell me how smart I was are far smarter than me. It kind of makes me proud that I can deceive them. On the other hand my life as a fraud is kind of embarrassing and pathetic. I am so obsessed what other people think of me.

By the way the physics noble prize winner Richard Feyman was a very famous overachiever. Allegedly he "only" had an IQ of 125 and despie that he won the noble prize.

I am absolutely sure I am not even close to that potential. I would be curious how far some of my friends (especially my best friend) could come in life if they put only close to the energy that I spend into this shit.

I think very many people don't or can't reach their full potential For example due to poverty and lack of education

Last edited:
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
You're not pathetic at all. There's nothing wrong with being an overachiever, besides the detriment to your health. Well done for doing so well! ❤️