• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

toofargone6969

toofargone6969

Wandering
Apr 29, 2023
I'm posting this purely for information purposes to other members. I'm not giving advice on what to do with it.

I acquired SN from CCS before it was unavailable. I have the test strips that I believe are recommended by PPH, they are more sensitive than an aquarium test and are for measuring home water quality. They measure both nitrite and nitrAte. The test can measure up to 25 ppm nitrite and 500 ppm nitrate. So I adapted the guidelines on here for testing and used 2.5 g of SN instead of 1 g.

I actually got two bottles from CCS for the sole purpose of testing one and leaving the other sealed. Their lack of proper sealing is concerning to say the least, no airtight seal or anything. The labeling is also poorly printed/placed and does not indicate grade or purity of the product. The website claimed ACS grade when the product listing was still up.

I expected the test to be maxed out at 25 ppm since I made a solution of 25 mg in 1L of distilled water. The water was tested plain and showed no coloring for nitrite or nitrates.

The test color matched more closely the coloring for 10 ppm for nitrite and had a significant amount of nitrAte, between 100 and 250 ppm based on the color. Very disappointing to say the least as it appears that a lot of the SN has degraded to nitrAte due to poor packaging, or purity or both. And it is not pure nitrite, at least not the bottle I got. Needless to say I'm not going to be using this shit.

If you have CCS and are serious about using it I highly recommend getting test strips and an aquarium test to test it, multiple times.

I will upload a photo of the test strip results tomorrow and edit this post. I've never posted a photo here and need to make it safe before doing so but I'm too tired.

I hope this is informative for other members since I haven't seen many posts about testing CCS and that source as a whole just seems off for several reasons.

RIP IC, the only real source that was reliable it seems.

• Informative
  • Aww..
Reactions: Sid19, hodbu, gardenofaphrodite and 6 others
nomotels1443

nomotels1443

me and the birds
Dec 19, 2022
I was concerned about the packaging too. I noticed there wasn't a seal or anything on it. And goddamn it, my concerns came true. I bought mine back in November so mine has probably degraded a lot by now… hopefully my test proves me wrong since I am out of options.

Reactions: hodbu and toofargone6969
toofargone6969

toofargone6969

Wandering
Apr 29, 2023
I was concerned about the packaging too. I noticed there wasn't a seal or anything on it. And goddamn it, my concerns came true. I bought mine back in November so mine has probably degraded a lot by now… hopefully my test proves me wrong since I am out of options.
Yeah its weird. I mean if this was a legit chemical supply company with good pure products, surely it would be sealed well with a proper label and a more legit website. All the other chemical suppliers that require lab/business info to purchase look completely different. I would definitely test it, multiple times if you're set on it as your method.

Reactions: imlookingforward
I

iceteadrinker

Jun 6, 2023
hey, i'm new here and don't know a lot. wouldn't making a blood test suffice? isn't it enough to know if it is pure enough?

toofargone6969

toofargone6969

Wandering
Apr 29, 2023
hey, i'm new here and don't know a lot. wouldn't making a blood test suffice? isn't it enough to know if it is pure enough?
No, sodium nitrAte also turns blood brown so it would only tell you that you have one or the other. Not a super useful or accurate way to test it

dimstar

dimstar

Poor little woodpecker
Mar 17, 2023
Damn that is very concerning. I know people have ctb with ccs but the packaging is turely questionable. If some batches are worse than others or just degenerating over time. How old was your sn if I can ask? Felt safe having that now I'm worried. Time to add test strips to my kit.

toofargone6969

toofargone6969

Wandering
Apr 29, 2023
Damn that is very concerning. I know people have ctb with ccs but the packaging is turely questionable. If some batches are worse than others or just degenerating over time. How old was your sn if I can ask? Felt safe having that now I'm worried. Time to add test strips to my kit.
I got it about a month ago and kept it sealed in the box it came in until last night. Definitely get test strips. This was a newer source and has multiple things wrong with its trustability IMO.

Reactions: Sid19
Message In A Bottle

Message In A Bottle

📜 Just me, myself, and I
Apr 1, 2022
Were you still going to post pics of your results?

Reactions: toofargone6969
emptyheart

emptyheart

-
Jun 7, 2023
There have been more than a few successful attempts with CCS.
I'm posting this purely for information purposes to other members. I'm not giving advice on what to do with it.

I acquired SN from CCS before it was unavailable. I have the test strips that I believe are recommended by PPH, they are more sensitive than an aquarium test and are for measuring home water quality. They measure both nitrite and nitrAte. The test can measure up to 25 ppm nitrite and 500 ppm nitrate. So I adapted the guidelines on here for testing and used 2.5 g of SN instead of 1 g.

I actually got two bottles from CCS for the sole purpose of testing one and leaving the other sealed. Their lack of proper sealing is concerning to say the least, no airtight seal or anything. The labeling is also poorly printed/placed and does not indicate grade or purity of the product. The website claimed ACS grade when the product listing was still up.

I expected the test to be maxed out at 25 ppm since I made a solution of 25 mg in 1L of distilled water. The water was tested plain and showed no coloring for nitrite or nitrates.

The test color matched more closely the coloring for 10 ppm for nitrite and had a significant amount of nitrAte, between 100 and 250 ppm based on the color. Very disappointing to say the least as it appears that a lot of the SN has degraded to nitrAte due to poor packaging, or purity or both. And it is not pure nitrite, at least not the bottle I got. Needless to say I'm not going to be using this shit.

If you have CCS and are serious about using it I highly recommend getting test strips and an aquarium test to test it, multiple times.

I will upload a photo of the test strip results tomorrow and edit this post. I've never posted a photo here and need to make it safe before doing so but I'm too tired.

I hope this is informative for other members since I haven't seen many posts about testing CCS and that source as a whole just seems off for several reasons.

RIP IC, the only real source that was reliable it seems.
What testing kit are you referring to? I haven't heard of anything like that or the PPH recommending a kit. Is this something new?

Last edited:
toofargone6969

toofargone6969

Wandering
Apr 29, 2023
There have been more than a few successful attempts with CCS.

What testing kit are you referring to? I haven't heard of anything like that or the PPH recommending a kit. Is this something new?
On Exit international they have a "test kit" but with a link to amazon where the test strips can be purchased. They're more sensitive than an aquarium test and measure up to a higher ppm. I purchased the ones that they recommend.

we have no way to know if those attempts were really successful and there's always a chance that the person is in the hospital/inpatient and therefore can't update us. I think a user "skylarwhiteyo" used CCS and was unsuccessful and barely had any side effects which was quite odd.

I may run another test on my second bottle, but at this point I'm not confident due to the high level of nitrates shown.
Were you still going to post pics of your results?
Yes, soon. Just need to figure out how to strip exif data from photo before posting for my safety.

Reactions: Sid19, Message In A Bottle and emptyheart
emptyheart

emptyheart

-
Jun 7, 2023
On Exit international they have a "test kit" but with a link to amazon where the test strips can be purchased. They're more sensitive than an aquarium test and measure up to a higher ppm. I purchased the ones that they recommend.

we have no way to know if those attempts were really successful and there's always a chance that the person is in the hospital/inpatient and therefore can't update us. I think a user "skylarwhiteyo" used CCS and was unsuccessful and barely had any side effects which was quite odd.

I may run another test on my second bottle, but at this point I'm not confident due to the high level of nitrates shown.

Yes, soon. Just need to figure out how to strip exif data from photo before posting for my safety.
Hard to decide what would make this test any better. One review describes it not being appropriate for aquarium testing, the colors are too similar on the strips. Here's what they said….

I was looking for an easier way to test my nitrate levels in my aquarium rather than using water samples and drops. However, these have such a large nitrate range (0-500), that the increments of results are rather unhelpful. Furthermore, the color differences are VERY close. It's easy to tell if you're in the 0-100 range or 300-400 range, but really hard to tell if you are at 25, 50, or 75. The colors appear almost exactly the same.

Pros:
-Seems accurate.
-Easy to use the test itself.

Cons:
-Very hard to read, as the colors are all shades of light pink.

Perhaps for research applications this could be useful, but not particularly useful for aquariums if that's what you are after.

I don't know if the kit would be appropriate. Exit International isn't always the most reliable source for information either. How do we know that sodium nitrate shouldn't be present when testing for nitrite? I've seen tests in the past that showed high nitrate levels with high nitrite as well.

toofargone6969

toofargone6969

Wandering
Apr 29, 2023
20230608 104717
Hard to decide what would make this test any better. One review describes it not being appropriate for aquarium testing, the colors are too similar on the strips. Here's what they said….

I was looking for an easier way to test my nitrate levels in my aquarium rather than using water samples and drops. However, these have such a large nitrate range (0-500), that the increments of results are rather unhelpful. Furthermore, the color differences are VERY close. It's easy to tell if you're in the 0-100 range or 300-400 range, but really hard to tell if you are at 25, 50, or 75. The colors appear almost exactly the same.

Pros:
-Seems accurate.
-Easy to use the test itself.

Cons:
-Very hard to read, as the colors are all shades of light pink.

Perhaps for research applications this could be useful, but not particularly useful for aquariums if that's what you are after.

I don't know if the kit would be appropriate. Exit International isn't always the most reliable source for information either. How do we know that sodium nitrate shouldn't be present when testing for nitrite? I've seen tests in the past that showed high nitrate levels with high nitrite as well.
Well I trust Exit because they're the ones who came up with the SN method in the first place. I think aquarium tests would be more unreliable since this isn't an aquarium we are testing. Home water quality strips with more sensitive ppm seemed like a better test imo.
I expected the nitrite color to be maxed out with the deepest shade pink but it looked much closer to 10ppm. I added 2.5 g to 1L water and then took 10mL from that bottle and added to a clean bottle. Both shaken very well. The nitrate shouldn't have been so high, maybe a little bit but not between 100-250. Its probably just old product with a bad seal.

I don't recommend anyone make decisions off of my post, I think it's very important to test what you have yourself by whatever means you see fit. I just wanted to provide the info I obtained to the community because I've seen very few people actually test CCS.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: grahf and Sid19
emptyheart

emptyheart

-
Jun 7, 2023
View attachment 113752

Well I trust Exit because they're the ones who came up with the SN method in the first place. I think aquarium tests would be more unreliable since this isn't an aquarium we are testing. Home water quality strips with more sensitive ppm seemed like a better test imo.
I expected the nitrite color to be maxed out with the deepest shade pink but it looked much closer to 10ppm. I added 2.5 g to 1L water and then took 10mL from that bottle and added to a clean bottle. Both shaken very well. The nitrate shouldn't have been so high, maybe a little bit but not between 100-250. Its probably just old product with a bad seal.

I don't recommend anyone make decisions off of my post, I think it's very important to test what you have yourself by whatever means you see fit. I just wanted to provide the info I obtained to the community because I've seen very few people actually test CCS.
View attachment 113752

I understand how you've come to these conclusions. There is a camp of members who don't trust Exit, there seems to be good reasons for their skepticism.

Im curious about your findings because I have SN from a different source I'd like to test. What would the target PPM for nitrite be? Based on what I see and what you're saying it looks like what you have would be closer to like a 50% purity. I wonder if you doubled the dose, would it be effective then?

toofargone6969

toofargone6969

Wandering
Apr 29, 2023
I understand how you've come to these conclusions. There is a camp of members who don't trust Exit, there seems to be good reasons for their skepticism.

Im curious about your findings because I have SN from a different source I'd like to test. What would the target PPM for nitrite be? Based on what I see and what you're saying it looks like what you have would be closer to like a 50% purity. I wonder if you doubled the dose, would it be effective then?
I don't like Exit because of their statements about SaSu but I still trust their methods given the entire SN method, N, everything comes from their research.

The target PPM should be the max of what your test can read. If your test reads up to 10mg/L then make a solution with 10ppm (mg/L). My test maxed out at 25 hence why I used 2.5g and then make a solution of 25mg/L. I think it's normal for their to be some nitrAte but it should be quite low if the SN is fresh and of good purity. Other tests I've seen on here for other brands SN showed very low or no nitrates and a high level of nitrite.

My bottle clearly contains SN but it's not enough for me to be confident in using it unfortunately. If it had showed a dark dark pink for nitrite and low level or no nitrates I would move forward but this just leaves me with too many doubts and I cannot afford a failed attempt like most of us

• Informative
Reactions: grahf, Sid19 and emptyheart
Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023

That's not 50% purity, more than that

Reactions: emptyheart
toofargone6969

toofargone6969

Wandering
Apr 29, 2023
That's not 50% purity, more than that
In person the color looked close to the 10ppm reading when it should have been 25 since I used 2.5g. I may run another test but the high level of nitrAte has me concerned. I was under the impression that good quality SN would have low to no levels of nitrAte since SN degrades to nitrate and if pure and fresh it would be mostly SN

Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
I don't like Exit because of their statements about SaSu but I still trust their methods given the entire SN method, N, everything comes from their research.

The target PPM should be the max of what your test can read. If your test reads up to 10mg/L then make a solution with 10ppm (mg/L). My test maxed out at 25 hence why I used 2.5g and then make a solution of 25mg/L. I think it's normal for their to be some nitrAte but it should be quite low if the SN is fresh and of good purity. Other tests I've seen on here for other brands SN showed very low or no nitrates and a high level of nitrite.

My bottle clearly contains SN but it's not enough for me to be confident in using it unfortunately. If it had showed a dark dark pink for nitrite and low level or no nitrates I would move forward but this just leaves me with too many doubts and I cannot afford a failed attempt like most of us
If you follow the ppeh instructions, final result come to 10 mg/l, your sn is good to go

IMG 0173
In person the color looked close to the 10ppm reading when it should have been 25 since I used 2.5g. I may run another test but the high level of nitrAte has me concerned. I was under the impression that good quality SN would have low to no levels of nitrAte since SN degrades to nitrate and if pure and fresh it would be mostly SN
Test your cup 1 and cup 2 to see the difference
Some amount of nitrate will be present

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: grahf and Sid19
Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
Can you post link to PPEH instructions please?
How to test the purity of SN:

Nitrite strip test as per the ppeh:

You'll need:

• Digital scale to weigh 5g of SN
  • 2 x one litre bottles of distilled water
  • Separate liquid container, like a cup for example.
  • 2ml pipette
  • Nitrite test stripes. Should measure up to 10mg/L. Usually part of an aquarium test kit
The test procedure:
  • Use the digital scale to weigh 5g of SN
  • Pour 10 to 20ml from one of the water bottles into the separate container
  • Stir the SN in the distilled water in the container until dissolved.
  • Return the mixture to the same bottle
  • Reseal, shake, and then re-open
  • Take 2ml from the mixture in the bottle using the pipette. (I'll use the dropper that comes with the cannabis oil. It's 1ml. So, I'll use it twice.)
  • Add the 2ml mixture to the 2nd bottle.
  • Use the nitrite test stripe and the color chart to test.
  • If the SN is pure, the color change in the test strip should match the 10mg/L in the color chart

• Informative
Reactions: grahf, Sid19 and emptyheart
toofargone6969

toofargone6969

Wandering
Apr 29, 2023
How to test the purity of SN:

Nitrite strip test as per the ppeh:

You'll need:

• Digital scale to weigh 5g of SN
  • 2 x one litre bottles of distilled water
  • Separate liquid container, like a cup for example.
  • 2ml pipette
  • Nitrite test stripes. Should measure up to 10mg/L. Usually part of an aquarium test kit
The test procedure:
  • Use the digital scale to weigh 5g of SN
  • Pour 10 to 20ml from one of the water bottles into the separate container
  • Stir the SN in the distilled water in the container until dissolved.
  • Return the mixture to the same bottle
  • Take 2ml from the mixture in the bottle using the pipette. (I'll use the dropper that comes with the cannabis oil. It's 1ml. So, I'll use it twice.)
  • Add the 2ml mixture to the 2nd bottle.
  • Use the nitrite test stripe and the color chart to test.
  • If the SN is pure, the color change in the test strip should match the 10mg/L in the color chart
That's for a test that only measures up to 10mg/L. My test strips measure up to 25mg/L which is why I used 2.5g before diluting to solution. It should have been darker. I may run another test but I'm just not confident in the source, they're packaging and website are sketchy.

Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
That's for a test that only measures up to 10mg/L. My test strips measure up to 25mg/L which is why I used 2.5g before diluting to solution. It should have been darker. I may run another test but I'm just not confident in the source, they're packaging and website are sketchy.
But you said you followed ppeh, they recommend only this test now a days
So you did only the cup 1 test?

toofargone6969

toofargone6969

Wandering
Apr 29, 2023
But you said you followed ppeh, they recommend only this test now a days

So you did only the cup 1 test?
The exit international website recommends the Bartovation test strips from Amazon which are for home water quality testing, not an aquarium. That test measures up to 25 ppm. I used 2 water bottles. 1 to make an initial solution with 2.5g Sn in 1L of water, the second bottle had 10mL of pure water removed and then 10mL of the 2500ppm solution added to reach a solution of 25ppm. Ppm is the same as mg/L.

• Informative
Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
The exit international website recommends the Bartovation test strips from Amazon which are for home water quality testing, not an aquarium. That test measures up to 25 ppm. I used 2 water bottles. 1 to make an initial solution with 2.5g Sn in 1L of water, the second bottle had 10mL of pure water removed and then 10mL of the 2500ppm solution added to reach a solution of 25ppm. Ppm is the same as mg/L.

Where in exit they say add 2.5g sn in 1 L of water?

IMG 0286
I know about bartovation test strips and recommend to many in this site
Follow this is from recent ppeh version and do the test again then finalize

IMG 0286

Last edited:
  • Informative
toofargone6969

toofargone6969

Wandering
Apr 29, 2023
Where in exit they say add 2.5g sn in 1 L of water?

View attachment 113761

I know about bartovation test strips and recommend to many in this site

Follow this is from recent ppeh version and do the test again then finalize

View attachment 113763
They have you using 5 grams and then 2ml of the solution. I used 2.5 grams and 10ml of solution. I'm not sure why they would say a reading of 10mg/L would indicate pure SN when the bartovation test reads up to 25ppm. Maybe that was an old version. I don't have access to a new version of the PPH, just the old April 2022 version that is here on the site. I'm also not a chemist. Just did my best here with numbers that were easier to deal with.

Regardless, the high level of nitrAte is what has me concerned, not the lower level of SN. That shows it's been degraded a fair amount. And it doesn't seem like PPH has advice on that front. This looks like it was written before SN did become restricted (such as removed from amazon) and certainly there are scammers now like the PC source which sold people nitrate. And the disappearance of IC thanks to prolifers and a restriction of the product. If CCS was a legit chemical supply company the bottles would come properly sealed with purity listed on a well placed and printed label. I feel they're just a shitty chemical supplier with substandard products.

Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
They have you using 5 grams and then 2ml of the solution. I used 2.5 grams and 10ml of solution. I'm not sure why they would say a reading of 10mg/L would indicate pure SN when the bartovation test reads up to 25ppm. Maybe that was an old version. I don't have access to a new version of the PPH, just the old April 2022 version that is here on the site. I'm also not a chemist. Just did my best here with numbers that were easier to deal with.

Regardless, the high level of nitrAte is what has me concerned, not the lower level of SN. That shows it's been degraded a fair amount. And it doesn't seem like PPH has advice on that front. This looks like it was written before SN did become restricted (such as removed from amazon) and certainly there are scammers now like the PC source which sold people nitrate. And the disappearance of IC thanks to prolifers and a restriction of the product. If CCS was a legit chemical supply company the bottles would come properly sealed with purity listed on a well placed and printed label. I feel they're just a shitty chemical supplier with substandard products.
This is the most recent version book

Last edited:
emptyheart

emptyheart

-
Jun 7, 2023
Some good points raised by Vizzy. Might be best to test again.

Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023

Nitrate will be present even in unopened sn

But it's your call to do the test again or not as per the book

toofargone6969

toofargone6969

Wandering
Apr 29, 2023
Nitrate will be present even in unopened sn

But it's your call to do the test again or not as per the book
Where did you get that info, that nitrate will be present? I wasn't aware of that.

I may test it again, idk. SN is really not my preferred method as I have a very sensitive stomach. Like most here I prefer N.

• Hugs
emptyheart

emptyheart

-
Jun 7, 2023
Where did you get that info, that nitrate will be present? I wasn't aware of that.

I may test it again, idk. SN is really not my preferred method as I have a very sensitive stomach. Like most here I prefer N.
Hope we haven't frustrated you. I know I got confused and irritated with the testing. Just trying to help you make sure the testing is accurate.

Reactions: dozer