• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside

Wizard
Jul 2, 2018
One of the last two friends I have told me via text that they only talk to me because I seem to need it ....

This life can't end soon enough... I guess I am more of a burden than I thought ....

Reactions: Maggotymaggots, Tiburcio, CRM and 6 others
StarDust

StarDust

Mage
Aug 21, 2018
WHOA......how cruel!!! That is not okay, not at all...what a way to kick someone when they are already down. I'm sorry that, that happened. People are arseholes but I think you already knew that.

Reactions: WanderingEremite, Maggotymaggots, Tiburcio and 5 others
Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside

Wizard
Jul 2, 2018
WHOA......how cruel!!! That is not okay, not at all...what a way to kick someone when they are already down. I'm sorry that, that happened. People are arseholes but I think you already knew that.
Yeah....but sometimes I get soft and I guess I need a reminder.... makes me think I don't actually have friends outside of this site.... What do you suppose a psychologist would say about that right?

Reactions: Maggotymaggots, Tiburcio, lv-gras and 4 others
StarDust

StarDust

Mage
Aug 21, 2018
Probably that we are unable to make connections in the real world due to something deep seeded repressed something or other in our past. SMH

We all want to feel needed, that is okay, even I do but at the end of the day, I have no one either. Honestly, it is just me....I lost my world a while back and there is nothing left for me anywhere. The last friend that I had turned their back on me when I had bent over backwards for them when they had issues...but when it was my turn....well...as I stated before, no family, no friends, nadda.

So, at least I can understand. I know that had to hurt even when it doesn't...it still does. Did that make sense?

Reactions: Meena, Maggotymaggots, Sundayafternoon and 5 others
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
One of the last two friends I have told me via text that they only talk to me because I seem to need it ....

This life can't end soon enough... I guess I am more of a burden than I thought ....

I feel the same … my list of friends is getting smaller every year. I don't even think it's a bad thing anymore. :)

Reactions: Bandzbandz, Tiburcio, lv-gras and 3 others
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Yeah....but sometimes I get soft and I guess I need a reminder.... makes me think I don't actually have friends outside of this site.... What do you suppose a psychologist would say about that right?

I can't talk to my friends about the things I really can say here. I would be locked up for sure.
One of my friends knows that I hate it here and I may have mentioned I want to die but I haven't said anything in a while.
He got upset the last time I mentioned it so I don't say anything … I'm sure it's safer anyway.

Reactions: tearsinrain, Maggotymaggots, Dead_Inside and 3 others
StarDust

StarDust

Mage
Aug 21, 2018
I can't talk to my friends about the things I really can say here. I would be locked up for sure.
One of my friends knows that I hate it here and I may have mentioned I want to die but I haven't said anything in a while.
He got upset the last time I mentioned it so I don't say anything … I'm sure it's safer anyway.

People have a hard time handling the "morbid" unless it's their "morbid" then we are all expected to understand....

Keeping quiet is sadly the best option and then people act surprised when it finally happens. Its like, "WELL I TRIED TO TELL YOU BUT YOU DIDN'T WANT TO HEAR IT!"

Reactions: tearsinrain, Maggotymaggots, Dead_Inside and 6 others
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
People have a hard time handling the "morbid" unless it's their "morbid" then we are all expected to understand....

Keeping quiet is sadly the best option and then people act surprised when it finally happens. Its like, "WELL I TRIED TO TELL YOU BUT YOU DIDN'T WANT TO HEAR IT!"

It's probably better they don't know anyway … I wouldn't want a friend to get charged with anything because they knew and didn't alert the authorities to stop me.

Reactions: Dead_Inside and StarDust
StarDust

StarDust

Mage
Aug 21, 2018
It's probably better they don't know anyway … I wouldn't want a friend to get charged with anything because they knew and didn't alert the authorities to stop me.

Good point.

Reactions: Dead_Inside and Tiburcio
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Good point.

I think somewhere in the U.S. the girlfriend of a guy who committed suicide was charged because she knew in advance of his plans.
This may have happened to other people as well. :(

Reactions: Tiburcio
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Reactions: FadedMemory, Tiburcio and not-2-b-the-answer
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
This woman was a lunatic, for sure, but I think the law overreached here.

She actively encouraged him and told him to "get back in the car".

Huge difference between her behavior and remaining silent.

I agree … I thought originally that they charged her just for knowing about it. I thought there was someone else who was charged within the last 2 or 3 years for letting their boyfriend or girlfriend ctb but I can't remember where it was.. I could be wrong … I don't remember anymore.

Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
I agree … I thought originally that they charged her just for knowing about it. I thought there was someone else who was charged within the last 2 or 3 years for letting their boyfriend or girlfriend ctb but I can't remember where it was.. I could be wrong … I don't remember anymore.

Off the top of my head I don't recall the case you are thinking of.

I think what she did was despicable (he was having second thoughts etc), but the law is the law, and in her state even assisting a suicide is not a crime so I don't quite understand what she was prosecuted for.

Society always wants to cast someone in the role of scapegoat for suicides; I fail to grasp this. I find her behavior disgusting (legal truths aside) because it was clear there was no real caring behind her texts—just a woman who wanted someone dead so she could gain attention in the aftermath.

She may have set the right to die movement back a bit, and for that and her behavior I despise her.

But IMO she shouldn't have been prosecuted.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tiburcio, lv-gras and not-2-b-the-answer
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018

I think what she did was despicable (he was having second thoughts etc), but the law is the law, and in her state even assisting a suicide is not a crime so I don't quite understand what she was prosecuted for.

I can't remember anymore either. :(
I agree what she did was despicable but at least he isn't in anymore pain. (I hope)
I agree she shouldn't have been prosecuted.
She may be suffering now with the guilt … who knows.

Reactions: Tiburcio and Smilla
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
I can't remember anymore either. :(
I agree what she did was despicable but at least he isn't in anymore pain. (I hope)
I agree she shouldn't have been prosecuted.
She may be suffering now with the guilt … who knows.

Just a strange case of teenage love gone awry. Life sucks all around.

I would gladly help someone here in their final moments—but if they have hesitation and actively try to abort I would support them in that. She did the opposite which I find grotesque but she didn't commit a crime imo.

Edit: I also read that she tried to get him help before his suicide. She's probably not the monster the courts and media portray her to be.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dead_Inside, Tiburcio, lv-gras and 1 other person
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018

I apologize for seeming to hijack this thread.

Hope you are hanging in there.

G

GoneSeptember2018

Student
Aug 28, 2018

:(

Reactions: Dead_Inside and Tiburcio
L

lv-gras

fledermausßßßßßßßß
Jul 27, 2018

Society always wants to cast someone in the role of scapegoat for suicides; I fail to grasp this. I find her behavior disgusting (legal truths aside) because it was clear there was no real caring behind her texts—just a woman who wanted someone dead so she could gain attention in the aftermath.

She may have set the right to die movement back a bit, and for that and her behavior I despise her.

But IMO she shouldn't have been prosecuted.

yes, don't think she should be prosecuted because the law doesn't deal well with stuff like this and it sets up uncomfortable precedents.

but how cruel and unnecessary, kind of wish he had at least left her so no matter his choice he wouldn't have had to spend more time with someone who didn't care about him.

Reactions: tearsinrain, Smilla, Tiburcio and 1 other person
L

lv-gras

fledermausßßßßßßßß
Jul 27, 2018
and sympathies to op, that's not nice either

Reactions: tearsinrain, Dead_Inside, Tiburcio and 1 other person
Q

QueenEtna

Gone
Jul 29, 2018
Aww :( this is why you shouldnt have any friends, like me :) I'm sure you can make better ones though.

Reactions: Dead_Inside, Tiburcio and lv-gras
Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside

Wizard
Jul 2, 2018
I apologize for seeming to hijack this thread.

Hope you are hanging in there.

Yeah .... I drank myself through it. I would like to say, it doesn't make me sad... but fuck it does. I never asked this person to talk to me. Just thought because they were my friend they would want to ...
Anyway asked them no to do me any more favors and blocked their number.

Reactions: Tiburcio, StarDust and lv-gras
Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside

Wizard
Jul 2, 2018
Aww :( this is why you shouldnt have any friends, like me :) I'm sure you can make better ones though.

I think I will stick to the ones I can make here. I like that if I say "I want to kill myself today", people don't get all weird with me. And here I can have failed to get it done right the first time and people will still talk to me.

Reactions: tearsinrain and lv-gras
L

Living_Ghost

Student
Aug 13, 2018
Somebody confessed their pain and told you they want to end their life ?
Best to run away and cut all contact.!
Wtf is wrong with people in this world ?
Is it just that people have no idea how to deal with this in this day and age or are people just too selfish and greedy?

Reactions: Bandzbandz, tearsinrain, Tiburcio and 2 others
Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside

Wizard
Jul 2, 2018
Somebody confessed their pain and told you they want to end their life ?
Best to run away and cut all contact.!
Wtf is wrong with people in this world ?
Is it just that people have no idea how to deal with this in this day and age or are people just too selfish and greedy?

The best part of this little story is that June 2016 .... this same person who " only talks to me because I need it" tried to kill themselves and called me .... I came over and got them calmed down and spent that whole summer talking them though what was going on .... we had been friends for years before that happened. I was happy to be there .... so I just was stupid and thought I could tell them when things went bad for me .... but lesson learned. : (

Reactions: tearsinrain, StarDust, Tiburcio and 1 other person
Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside

Wizard
Jul 2, 2018
Probably why this hurts so much ..... I shared too much of myself. I knew I shouldn't have done that.

Reactions: lv-gras
Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside

Wizard
Jul 2, 2018
And now I am wasting my time re-reading the stupid text messages ... wtf....