looking_for_peace

looking_for_peace

Student
Dec 4, 2022
I have submitted many drunken posts to this website. My previous post was one of them (I was crying over my ex if you are curious). The morning after posting it, I felt so embarrassed that I was scared to log back into the website. I didn't want to see what I had written, but eventually I did, and it was as bad as I thought it would be. The replies were so kind, as always. One of the main reasons I find myself coming back to SS is because I know that no matter how pathetic I feel the post is, I will always be met with empathy and kindness. You can rarely be so open and vulnerable in real life.

I haven't had a drop of alcohol since that morning. Granted it's not even been three weeks but I honestly didn't think I would/could stop. I can't say all of my problems are solved, or that I'm happy, but here are some of the nice things I've noticed since stopping: 1. Not stinking of beer all the time. 2. Not waking up trying to remember what dumb shit I said the night before. 3. Having a bit of extra cash to spend. 4. Faster progress at the gym.

Don't know how long this will last. I'm still wondering if this sudden lifestyle change is the result of a manic episode lol. If it is I'll enjoy it while I can. Hope you're all having a good day.

• Hugs
Reactions: 710, western_heart, sensenmann and 2 others
R

Readytogo246

Student
Jun 4, 2023
Wow! That's wonderful. Congratulations.

• Hugs
Reactions: looking_for_peace
synthie

synthie

Jan 12, 2022
Three weeks is nothing to scoff at. It's hard and something to be proud of.

• Hugs
cami

cami

the lonely
May 27, 2023
congratulations, that is a really difficult thing to do and im proud of you. one day or one hundred, i'll still be proud.

• Hugs
dimstar

dimstar

Poor little woodpecker
Mar 17, 2023
That's really great! 3 weeks was hard for me. Keep it up and dont get too down if you do have a set back. Just keep on working. Proud of u

• Hugs
FungusButler

FungusButler

Jun 18, 2023
Congrats on your sobriety! Just try not to beat yourself up too hard if you relapse, alright?

It's like falling off a bike, right? The goal isn't to avoid crashing the bike, its to spend longer and longer on the bike every time you try, and just getting back on immediately every time you crash.

Best of luck to you.

• Hugs