TheLakesKrueguer

TheLakesKrueguer

Mar 5, 2023
I've tried it sometimes, but I never had the strength of cutting myself... until yesterday. I had an impulsiveness attack and began to hit myself and I finally used the knife and now my arms are fucked up, and I don't know what to do except using sweaters so ppl don't see it... I am not at my brightest

• Hugs
Reactions: Interestedsadboi25, dwtsleepy123, Sannti and 2 others
M

mimig1805

Aug 12, 2023
that sounds really hard, I'm sorry that things are so hard for you now, I can relate to hiding the scars/cuts, make sure to take care of the cuts to avoid infections and scarring if you care about that, wearing tight clothes might also be a no go, I'm here to talk if you'd like

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: dwtsleepy123, TheLakesKrueguer, wasted__life__23 and 1 other person
gardenfairy

gardenfairy

꒰ᐢ. .ᐢ꒱₊˚⊹
Oct 7, 2023
i'm not medically trained in any way but i have experience and have done some research on how to take care of this type of thing so i hope this helps a little. i'm also assuming that the wounds are not gaping as i believe that would require stitches.
you can clean the wounds with antiseptic (around, not inside) or run them under cold drinking-safe water, personally i do this every day until i'm healed. after this, cover them with a bandage/bandaid and change it every day. keep an eye out for signs of infection - pus, swelling, redness, fever, etc and cover up with loose clothing if possible. you could also try thick bracelets or a watch depending on how visible your bandage is.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Informative
Reactions: kilowatt, TheLakesKrueguer, puella and 2 others
dyn00ss

dyn00ss

Mar 3, 2023
I've tried it sometimes, but I never had the strength of cutting myself... until yesterday. I had an impulsiveness attack and began to hit myself and I finally used the knife and now my arms are fucked up, and I don't know what to do except using sweaters so ppl don't see it... I am not at my brightest
I hope you are well, I'm sorry that the situations led you to SH, I really regret having started then we fell into an addiction and it's terrible.

• Hugs
Reactions: puella and mimig1805
W

wasted__life__23

Sep 9, 2023
I bite just a the edge of my thumb, where the soft skin is. Hurts like hell, releases a flood of endorphins and (apart from a quickly-fading bite mark) leaves no trace. For me it is better than biting.

Reactions: jan28 and gardenfairy
gardenfairy

gardenfairy

꒰ᐢ. .ᐢ꒱₊˚⊹
Oct 7, 2023
i can't fall asleep without adding that i advise you try not to make a habit out of this - it's horrible to fall into the pattern of SH and even worse to shake once you're enmeshed. if you wish, there are safety plans that you can find for free online without having to speak to anyone about what happened. you fill these out yourself so they're totally catered to your needs and preferences and they can help when you feel impulsive, trapped or like SH is your only option.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: jan28, kilowatt, wasted__life__23 and 1 other person
TheLakesKrueguer

TheLakesKrueguer

Mar 5, 2023
that sounds really hard, I'm sorry that things are so hard for you now, I can relate to hiding the scars/cuts, make sure to take care of the cuts to avoid infections and scarring if you care about that, wearing tight clothes might also be a no go, I'm here to talk if you'd like
Thanks, I appreciate it
i can't fall asleep without adding that i advise you try not to make a habit out of this - it's horrible to fall into the pattern of SH and even worse to shake once you're enmeshed. if you wish, there are safety plans that you can find for free online without having to speak to anyone about what happened. you fill these out yourself so they're totally catered to your needs and preferences and they can help when you feel impulsive, trapped or like SH is your only option.
Thank you (really, really much), I SH again just bcs I was bored, not even impulsivity but to feel something and I just realized how horrible it is. Tomorrow I have an appointment with my psychiatrist (not bcs of this, just to see how it's going) and I am telling her abt this. :/

Thanks again for caring

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: gardenfairy
jan28

jan28

Aug 11, 2023
I've found SH to be surprisingly addictive - I wish I had never given in to that impulse in the first place. It took me a while to realize what I was doing to myself and to change my coping mechanisms. Glad to hear you're seeing a psychiatrist though. Finding the reasoning behind my cutting was quite helpful for me and I hope you're able to make the most out of your appointment.

• Love
Reactions: TheLakesKrueguer
gardenfairy

gardenfairy

꒰ᐢ. .ᐢ꒱₊˚⊹
Oct 7, 2023
Thanks, I appreciate it

Thank you (really, really much), I SH again just bcs I was bored, not even impulsivity but to feel something and I just realized how horrible it is. Tomorrow I have an appointment with my psychiatrist (not bcs of this, just to see how it's going) and I am telling her abt this. :/

Thanks again for caring
glad to hear you're getting help, i truly hope it works well for you.
no need to thank me for caring. you're worthy of it, remember that <3