R

Ryukil93

Aug 13, 2018
I have a belt and I have a doorknob, so this should be doable. I mean, celebrities have done it this way. Anthony Bourdain (RIP) hanged himself with a belt from a bathrobe.

I've tried strangling myself with the belt, just to test it out and find the right spot. All I really need to do is tie it to the door knob (or wedge inside the door), then sit forward until I pass out, right? Then gravity will keep pressure on my neck until I die.

I realized I might have to wait a little while, though, as my sister and her husband live downstairs and they'll hear me if I start convulsing after being knocked out. Actually, I could do this on a Sunday morning while they're at church.

Can someone explain to me where I need to position the belt on my neck? The carotid arteries run down either side of my neck, I guess? So it doesn't matter exactly where?

Reactions: Tiburcio, ninaevol, lv-gras and 1 other person
S

shadow11

Wizard
Jul 31, 2018
I have a belt and I have a doorknob, so this should be doable. I mean, celebrities have done it this way. Anthony Bourdain (RIP) hanged himself with a belt from a bathrobe.

I've tried strangling myself with the belt, just to test it out and find the right spot. All I really need to do is tie it to the door knob (or wedge inside the door), then sit forward until I pass out, right? Then gravity will keep pressure on my neck until I die.

I realized I might have to wait a little while, though, as my sister and her husband live downstairs and they'll hear me if I start convulsing after being knocked out. Actually, I could do this on a Sunday morning while they're at church.

Can someone explain to me where I need to position the belt on my neck? The carotid arteries run down either side of my neck, I guess? So it doesn't matter exactly where?
Yes and there's a good picture on Google that shows where they are located

Reactions: Tiburcio, lv-gras and IWishYouAllGoodLuck
uxorious

uxorious

Aug 17, 2018
"Sort of" means it might be too soon mate

Reactions: tearsinrain, GoneGirlXIV, IG959 and 5 others
R

Ryukil93

Aug 13, 2018
Well, I've been constricting my neck with a belt. Tie it around and then pull with both hands. I'm just kind of testing things out. I notice I do feel euphoric after...now I get why autoerotic asphyxiation is a thing, lol.

Anyway, if I hold it it feels like my eyes are bulging and I get a pain in the forehead. I usually chicken out and stop...

It would be tough to knock yourself out, but I guess this is what Robin Williams (RIP) did...tied the belt to a doorknob and then pulled until he was knocked out then fell so the belt was still constricting his neck.

Reactions: Tiburcio
R

Ryukil93

Aug 13, 2018
"Sort of" means it might be too soon mate

I know. Sometimes I feel like there's hope, but I'm pretty sure there isn't. I'm also a little scared to die. Instinct and all, I guess.

I wish I could do it in the next week. I don't know if it's possible, though.

Reactions: lv-gras