sunny.sativa

sunny.sativa

organic
Apr 2, 2019
Anyone here military? (USA, maybe?)

I have a SHIT ton of random entries inside my records but the military doesn't open your records without reason and consent. I got in with bulimia, depression, suicidal tendencies, etc y'know, and other bullshit I don't need to go on about, but seriously?
This shit is WILD. There are some actual crazies in the armed forces, man!
I thought it would fix me but they were right about it making things worse sometimes. The only thing better now is the number on my bank account and the fact that I can yell painfully loud..
Any stories for us?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Notwinnernotawin, Sensei, Meretlein and 5 others
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
I wanted to be a combat medic once upon a time, but in the UK they declined me because I have tattooed hands and fingers lol.

Reactions: SuiSqueeze92, Sensei and sunny.sativa
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
How wonderful to see your typeface, sweet @sunny.sativa! Where are you stationed? What do you like best about it? I reckon you look mighty cute in uniform 8] (((Hug!)))

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Sensei, sunny.sativa and Halo13
Halo13

Halo13

Wizard
May 9, 2019
Anyone here military? (USA, maybe?)

I have a SHIT ton of random entries inside my records but the military doesn't open your records without reason and consent. I got in with bulimia, depression, suicidal tendencies, etc y'know, and other bullshit I don't need to go on about, but seriously?
This shit is WILD. There are some actual crazies in the armed forces, man!
I thought it would fix me but they were right about it making things worse sometimes. The only thing better now is the number on my bank account and the fact that I can yell painfully loud..
Any stories for us?
Omg Sunny :heart: I told you that you could do it!! So glad to see you back :hug:

Reactions: Soul
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Cool story Bro!
Tenor 23

Reactions: Shakespear's Brother
enjoy

enjoy

Creature
Dec 20, 2019
i was gonna join the air force if i didn't get into college. i still kinda want to do it...

Reactions: sunny.sativa and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
i was gonna join the air force if i didn't get into college. i still kinda want to do it...
I had a fleeting thought once upon a time too.

A7ef47c8463d476cdb1c2ab5750c9daf

• Love
Reactions: sunny.sativa, Circles and enjoy
Halo13

Halo13

Wizard
May 9, 2019
Are you trying to imply with your comment "cool story bro" that @sunny.sativa is lying? I see you joined in October whereas Sunny posted about her plans to join the service back in July, perhaps you missed that. Please don't immediately assume a user is fabricating a story for attention or to seem "cool" like in your Rambo gif, particularly an older member returning who has friends on here and was just looking for some insight. Not exactly the warmest welcome back - she's been gone for months.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, sunny.sativa, ImsooDone1N and 1 other person
Lorntroubles

Lorntroubles

Photography by Haris Nukem.
Jan 19, 2020
Um. Good luck. Coming in with all those issues is not a good idea. I hope you don't crack.

Reactions: GinaIsReady
sunny.sativa

sunny.sativa

organic
Apr 2, 2019
Omg Sunny :heart: I told you that you could do it!! So glad to see you back :hug:
Halo! :)
Um. Good luck. Coming in with all those issues is not a good idea. I hope you don't crack.
I crack silently, but I get stronger every time.
Not yet. I haven't done much, basic was alright but I'm no soldier until I get put on the lines.
You must be a doctor or lawyer! You sound so confident.

• Hugs
Reactions: Halo13 and Brick In The Wall
Lorntroubles

Lorntroubles

Photography by Haris Nukem.
Jan 19, 2020
They have tons of trainees all the time. Don't think they won't notice when something's up. Sneaking into military is nothing I would be proud of. It can pose a liability to other trainees and their safety. If you get caught, there's things that will not look good on your end...

Reactions: Brick In The Wall, sunny.sativa and Shakespear's Brother
Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
I don't think i'll ever join the military but it's nice to know that maybe my psych records aren't going to fuck me over as much as I thought, thanks for posting this.

I don't know if you remember me but we spoke on discord some. It's nice to have you back.

Reactions: sunny.sativa and Brick In The Wall
C

ctbUniquectb

Pariah
Jan 7, 2020
If you are still DEP, and you enlisted fraudulently, then I suggest you DEP loss. Time: now.

Generally, I suggest against entering the service. You should PM me.

Bleak Stoic

Bleak Stoic

Goodbye, Cruel World.
Dec 22, 2019
If they found out you enlisted fraudulently you're in some DEEP DOO-DOO!

I know someone who spent 4 years in Leavenworth Prison because they fraudulently enlisted in the Air Force.

Theres a rumor going around that if you pass boot camp and advanced training the military won't care.

On the contrary... the longer you're in while fraudulently enlisted the worse the punishment will be. The dude I know was in the Air Force for 6 years (on his 2nd enlistment) before they found out.

Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
If they found out you enlisted fraudulently you're in some DEEP DOO-DOO!

I know someone who spent 4 years in Leavenworth Prison because they fraudulently enlisted in the Air Force.

Theres a rumor going around that if you pass boot camp and advanced training the military won't care.

On the contrary... the longer you're in while fraudulently enlisted the worse the punishment will be. The dude I know was in the Air Force for 6 years (on his 2nd enlistment) before they found out.

How did they find out?

C

ctbUniquectb

Pariah
Jan 7, 2020
your post
I can't speak to this tale, but the lies frequently turn up when someone needs a higher security clearance. Then, it's on like Donkey Kong.
How did they find out?
You fill out the biggest security clearance application to enlist, but normally they just run your name (and fingerprints? I think so but it's blurry) through the FBI and local police computers

Reactions: Bleak Stoic and Meretlein
Bleak Stoic

Bleak Stoic

Goodbye, Cruel World.
Dec 22, 2019
How did they find out?

During a combat deployment he started acting a bit crazy under the stress, so the military dig through his mental health records and found out he lied about a bunch of things like suicide attempt and self harm.

So they threw him in Leavenworth for 4 years. He's a convicted felon now and can't get a job ANYWHERE. I met this dude and befriended him in a homeless shelter.
I can't speak to this tale, but the lies frequently turn up when someone needs a higher security clearance. Then, it's on like Donkey Kong.

You fill out the biggest security clearance application to enlist, but normally they just run your name (and fingerprints? I think so but it's blurry) through the FBI and local police computers

The punishment for FE seems way too much honestly... especially if someone has served honorably for so many years before finding out.

If the military is so concerned with people lying about things they should just do a comprehensive background check on potential recruits.

Last edited:
C

ctbUniquectb

Pariah
Jan 7, 2020
During a combat deployment he started acting a bit crazy under the stress, so the military dig through his mental health records and found out he lied about a bunch of things like suicide attempt and self harm.
I'm mildly skeptical of .mil going out of their way to pull through external medical records that weren't provided. They're just too. breathtakingly. lazy. (unless they REALLY want to nail you to the cross, but your man would've had to fuck up for that)
So they threw him in Leavenworth for 4 years. He's a convicted felon now and can't get a job ANYWHERE. I met this dude and befriended him in a homeless shelter.
Yeah, he did something else. A dishonorable discharge is the equivalent of a felony, and you're just not going before a general court martial over lying to get in The Big Green Machine. You could - but you won't, bigger fish to fry.
The punishment for FE seems way too much honestly... especially if someone has served honorably for so many years before finding out.
That's what I'm getting at. If all you've done is fraudulently enlist, it's normally "honorable discharge" (for benefits), "RE3" (reenlistment code 3, you can't get back in but you're not a monster), and a 3 letter separation code indicating "fraudulent entry." No one even pays attention to separation codes.
If the military is so concerned with people lying about things they should just do a comprehensive background check on potential recruits.
LOL, and get smaller but more highly qualified?

sunny.sativa

sunny.sativa

organic
Apr 2, 2019
If you are still DEP, and you enlisted fraudulently, then I suggest you DEP loss. Time: now.

Generally, I suggest against entering the service. You should PM me.
Thanks for your opinion:)
I've been out of DEP for four months, I'm an enlisted military personnel. I'm havin a nice time, but mental health is hard to work around

Reactions: Halo13
SuiSqueeze92

SuiSqueeze92

Self Saboteur
Jan 15, 2020
I'm just gonna throw in my .02... I had issues beforehand as well, didn't quite pay much attention to them but nowadays it makes sense type of thing. I was a 68W (combat medic), deployed to Afghanistan and conducted many airborne operations (jumps) and essentially lost my mind. You'll most likely regret your decision as I have. Sure I have the respect from people who meet me and the pride within myself for what I've done... but now you just wish you died a hero on the battlefield to avoid becoming a mess for others to look down upon.

joshe

joshe

Wanderer
Jun 1, 2019
I'm just gonna throw in my .02... I had issues beforehand as well, didn't quite pay much attention to them but nowadays it makes sense type of thing. I was a 68W (combat medic), deployed to Afghanistan and conducted many airborne operations (jumps) and essentially lost my mind. You'll most likely regret your decision as I have. Sure I have the respect from people who meet me and the pride within myself for what I've done... but now you just wish you died a hero on the battlefield to avoid becoming a mess for others to look down upon.

So what happened when you came back, were you awarded some veterans honor or just forgotten about?