• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Nemiik

Nemiik

May 11, 2018
I almost always suffix my sentences with something along those lines almost always for that reason too.

I can never be sure, because everyone in my life always wants to remind me that I'm inferior and dumber than them, so I can't be right about anything. ( even when I am... or if it's just common sense. they always doubt me or refuse to listen then go and do/find out abt what I said, acting as if I never said it )

ugh.

AngelGirl

AngelGirl

Cat
May 18, 2019
I'm never assertive when I'm talking and I have zero confidence when I speak.
And I hate myself for it.

Xxx I think....
I think maybe xxxx.
I guess xxxxx maybe.
Xxxx or something.

Or just don't say anything at all because I feel that other people will just gaslight me or be condescending by making me think that I'm always wrong.
I just feel that no one is going to respect my opinion and it doesn't matter. I fear that they will make me feel bad and I feel bad for my inability to be more assertive and be more confident.

I think it's adds to my social anxiety and it is one of the reasons why I avoid interacting with people.

RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
I prefer to confine myself to topics where I can afford to use technical terms at least 30% of the time. However, due to my lowered defenses on this site, I often branch out into the arcane art of 'conversation' much more than anywhere in the real world, without really abandoning the habit of formulating my sentences like a deductive argument. Hence, my statements often begin with a prefix of some sort, and are composed of multiple clauses joined together to form a logical flow of thought. That's not always the case, though.

I do have the infuriating tendency of starting out my sentences with a convoluted wording pattern, often leading to a situation where. I often end up having to rewrite my sentences because I ended up using a convoluted word pattern that made the clauses too indirect to be readable.

EDIT: I'm never sure about what I've said, so I often go back and change it. Repeatedly.

Last edited: