DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
I might be overreacting when I talk about these experiences but, I felt like venting a bit about what I have seen in college. Part of what got me excited about college was being told that bullying didn't exist and that everyone was mature. I haven't always experienced things that way however

I remember one time I was in a cafeteria. I was eating lunch alone when I noticed some girls making fun of a guy sitting not too far from me. It seemed uncomfortable but I wasn't sure what to do. Afterwards they walked over to him and told him to pull up his pants and walked away. It seemed kind of....mean spitiried. I wish I said something looking back

Another time I did a bit of work on my school campus and was having a late lunch with my colleagues. As we were talking two of my colleagues went off to do some last minute work and the colleagues I was eating with were gossiping openly once they left. Making fun of their eppreance and laughing about what they wore. Since that day I decided not to be close to any of them as I didnt feel comfortable.

I wonder if I am just too sensitive and maybe I am being a baby for being affected by this stuff....

• Love
Reactions: Offers, Sarahlynn and esse_est_percipi
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
You are not 'too sensitive'. You're just kind and you don't like people who are two-faced, or mean to other people.
Don't change

Last edited:
Reactions: Offers and Sarahlynn
DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
You are not 'too sensitive'. You're just kind and you don't like people who two-faced, or mean to other people.
Don't change
Thanks. It just shocked me and wondered how much of this behavior happens at college and that there isn't a place to speak up about it

• Hugs
Reactions: Zyntkalla and esse_est_percipi
almost_dead

almost_dead

Arcanist
Aug 7, 2020
Your a sweetheart and I wanna hug you :kiss:

Reactions: Zyntkalla and Offers
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
You're not too sensitive, and their behavior isn't normal. Keep in mind a lot of people in collage are either fresh out of high school, or a couple years removed from it. Humans don't usually emotionally mature that fast. If they were mean spirited teens they will be mean spirited young adults. They might mature and grow out of the cruel teenage antics, but you would still see bullies being themselves in collage. I also thought people would be better in collage. but when I got there I saw they were all still just teenagers.

Reactions: Offers
DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
Your a sweetheart and I wanna hug you :kiss:
thanks. Yeah I never made it a point to be friends with those people after the gossip. Not to say they are bad people per say but it made me feel if they could day that openly what could they be saying about me? I just didn't feel safe
You're not too sensitive, and their behavior isn't normal. Keep in mind a lot of people in collage are either fresh out of high school, or a couple years removed from it. Humans don't usually emotionally mature that fast. If they were mean spirited teens they will be mean spirited young adults. They might mature and grow out of the cruel teenage antics, but you would still see bullies being themselves in collage. I also thought people would be better in collage. but when I got there I saw they were all still just teenagers.
I wish someone told me this. Its what I want in my anti bullying college club. I have an online resource but I want to expand it on campus

Its sad to see but shows bullying happens in all stages of life. I just wish headlines talked about college bullying more but it'snot easy to talk about. I remember there being a study about bullying in college and how common it is and many people in the post were calling them "pussies" and that they were too sensitive to bullying. It's real and this mentality only makes people self doubt

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Zyntkalla, Ghost2211 and Offers
O

Offers

Sep 6, 2020
You're a good person, not over sensitive. I think it was a wise move avoiding those people after seeing those things.

almost_dead

almost_dead

Arcanist
Aug 7, 2020
thanks. Yeah I never made it a point to be friends with those people after the gossip. Not to say they are bad people per say but it made me feel if they could day that openly what could they be saying about me? I just didn't feel safe
Its okay to feel unsafe , because so many bad things do happen everyday . Btw how is your brother ? Is he still abusing you ? DId you guys have a talk ?

DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
You're a good person, not over sensitive. I think it was a wise move avoiding those people after seeing those things.
I mean granted we were all work mates so I just didi my job with them, but once it was done I never kept in touch
Its okay to feel unsafe , because so many bad things do happen everyday . Btw how is your brother ? Is he still abusing you ? DId you guys have a talk ?
Oh well, I dont know how genuine it is but he is going out of his way to apologize to me to and do things for me, and even being more huggy and kissy than usual

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: GrumpyFrog, almost_dead and Offers
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Gossip is a social bonding tool. Nobody really cares about the object of gossip.