• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

itsneverbeenmoreove

itsneverbeenmoreove

You are just my love
May 21, 2024
My girlfriend of 8 years left me last month. On the same day she broke up with me, she stated dating a different person (they were on a date together when she texted me) who she had admitted several days earlier being attracted to after we had a discussion about her wanting to end our relationship. I certainly wasn't a perfect partner, but man has it turbocharged all of my problems. It was absolutely a mistake of me to check her social media, but it turns out she had been thinking about this for weeks beforehand, even as we were planning some significant future stuff. Also I had just taken her on an expensive vacation and during our discussion about breaking up she specified she waited until after our trip to bring it up, so that was "nice". And she told me that all of her friends hated me and thought I was abusing her.

Admittedly, she was only my 2nd girlfriend, but 8 years is almost all of my adult life. We had been through a lot together. And in the process of this break-up, some of the reasons he provided included him being much more attractive than me (and that she had stopped having sex with me because she hadn't found me attractive) and her belief that I had no future. There were also elements of her BPD and CPTSD that she said made it so that every fight we'd had weighed heavily on her constantly, but it's so hard to figure out what to believe about the whole situation.

Either way, I've been left without her, after she essentially convinced me to believe in soulmates (which I hadn't believed in before) and I also sacrificed my focus on education and career to maintain my relationship with her. And I bailed her out of credit card debt. And now she's going out with another person and I had the displeasure of seeing a professional photoshoot they did together the other week. And man, I wasn't able to stop myself from looking at the posts and I know social media isn't an accurate representation of people's actual life, but she seems far happier with him than she ever was with me.

The thing is, I can't bring myself to be angry at her. I am just way too in love with her to blame her or be really angry, even though she owes me money and broke up me in a really painful way, and probably cheated on me. I know that I was to blame for a lot of the problems, and I don't know why I took everything for granted. Maybe it was because she was constantly assuring me that yes, she still loved me, no, she didn't think I was a horrible partner, yes, she found me attractive, yes, she believed in me, and then she tells me that she was lying about that. So I blame myself entirely and regret everything I did.

I've been pretty fortunate in life and having a very loving and supportive family, but I put everything into my relationship with her and I don't really have anything else. Even my parents couldn't come up with any accomplishments I'd had it my life besides previously having a successful long term relationship with her and graduating high school. I don't really have any skills or education and I've been battling depression and shit for most of my life, and considering she was basically the driving factor in me trying to go back to school and stuff, I've found myself much more inclined to CTB than any time before.

Honestly, there's so much more to it, my thoughts are so very complicated and in some cases kind of deranged, but I at least am clear on not having done anything worthwhile with my life except be with her. Also, we had a massive google photo album of all of our pet pictures from the past 8 years that she blocked me from and so I don't have any of those now. So uhhhh, that sucks.

On top of that, it feels really embarrassing to have this be the thing that pushes me to stop struggling with everything. Like, I can't shake the perception that it's pathetic of me to be feeling this way. I just can't respect my own feelings on this. Yeah I've wasted most of my adult life, I've had a vast number of my insecurities about my body and my personality, and many of my worst fears have come true, but I know that I'm supposed to "get over it" eventually.

Should I feel like I'm cringe for feeling this way? I haven't fully committed to anything yet, but after having been such a burden on my loved ones for so long, having so many failures, having so many problems, and now this?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: set0553, Kokomi_20, peaches and 8 others
F

F@#$

Freedom seeker
Nov 8, 2023
Love is a lie.
Nothing will hurt you more.

Reactions: DeadManLiving, itsneverbeenmoreove, Confront4283 and 1 other person
itsneverbeenmoreove

itsneverbeenmoreove

You are just my love
May 21, 2024
Love is a lie.
Love is definitely the most powerful emotion. Simultaneously selfless and selfish. Capable of motivating the kindest and cruelest actions. But I can't say I regret it? I'm not sure. But you are most certainly right.

Reactions: divinemistress36
Confront4283

Confront4283

When I’m gone just carry on, don’t mourn, rejoice
May 24, 2024
My partner also left me two years ago after being together 7 years. They said they needed to be with someone more put together because I found it hard to find motivation. They were a distraction, a way to pretend that my life had a greater meaning or purpose. When they left is when I realized that it was a lie.

It doesn't surprise me you liked it, I liked it too. Until it ends up hurting us, it's like winning big at gambling or trying H for the first time, it's great until it's not.

The only relationships that stick around are unhappy ones or ones where kids are involved. This is anecdotal I'll admit, but I've never seen a happy childless relationship.

Love is a lie.
Truer words have never been spoken. Just another escape used to get your mind off of our harsh reality.

itsneverbeenmoreove

itsneverbeenmoreove

You are just my love
May 21, 2024
My partner also left me two years ago after being together 7 years. They said they needed to be with someone more put together because I found it hard to find motivation. They were a distraction, a way to pretend that my life had a greater meaning or purpose. When they left is when I realized that it was a lie.

It doesn't surprise me you liked it, I liked it too. Until it ends up hurting us, it's like winning big at gambling or trying H for the first time, it's great until it's not.

The only relationships that stick around are unhappy ones or ones where kids are involved. This is anecdotal I'll admit, but I've never seen a happy childless relationship.

Truer words have never been spoken. Just another escape used to get your mind off of our harsh reality.
What really hurts is that I made the mistake of looking at her social media and she's portrayed me as a dangerous abuser and I don't think I'm like that, I think she's overselling it for a number of reasons I won't get into, but also like, what if she's totally right, and I'm just a really bad person? I don't really want to be a bad person. And since she owes me $2000 and I have a signed contract for it, if I force her to pay, I'd just be playing into that perception, wouldn't I?

In one of our final conversations, she said that when we had fights, she talked to her friends about it (she hadn't had a therapist since 2019). During those last days, she also tried to make it very clear that she didn't resent me or think I was a bad person, but I can't help but think that after several weeks of talking to other people about me, she changed her mind (hence her social media posts). And I shared fucking everything about myself with her. Every fear, every insecurity, every embarrassing story, fucking everything. And the idea that she's shared that with people who apparently hate me is so painful. Especially since one of those insecurities (that she sort of confirmed) was about my sexual performance, I can't help but have nightmares about her making fun of me for that with her new partner. And given what I know about her personality--that is, she is spiteful and narcissistic--I don't even think it's that unlikely.

Assuming I decide to keep going, I somehow doubt I could ever open up to another partner in the same way. Especially about my sexual insecurities.

And while it lasted, it was a really good escape. I was quite happy for it to be an escape, and I think even with all the other things, it's one I could've lived with, even knowing much of it is an illusion.

Thank you very much for your reply.

• Hugs
Reactions: peaches and Confront4283
AkaRed

AkaRed

Come on! Let’s go, we’ll make our future together.
Apr 20, 2023
Love is definitely the most powerful emotion. Simultaneously selfless and selfish. Capable of motivating the kindest and cruelest actions. But I can't say I regret it? I'm not sure. But you are most certainly right.
This sums it up really well, actually.

Honestly I wouldn't even know how to proceed myself if I was facing your situation. I am so sorry this has happened to you, and I do hope you find some sort of solace regardless. She is a fucking piece of work and didn't deserve half the shit you did for her. You deserve better, you really do.

<3

• Love
Reactions: Afflicted, set0553 and Kokomi_20
kunikuzushi

kunikuzushi

sause
Jan 24, 2023
She lost something great with you even if it wasn't perfect. Because you were devoted to her throughout those 8 years together. I'm sorry you're going through this. I can't imagine how painful it is and of course you're not at all pathetic for feeling all these painful emotions. I wouldn't even be able to function if that happened to me. I hope you can be gentle with yourself.

• Hugs
Reactions: itsneverbeenmoreove
Victim.Of.Life

Victim.Of.Life

My bus is waiting
Jun 27, 2023
13 Months ago my girlfriend of 5 years left me aswell. Time has done a lot of healing for me, but I'm still not over it. I still think about her a lot.
The evening she told me the truth, it broke my heart. Sometimes I get lost in my thoughts and relive that moment, and I say out loud what I said to her that evening "Britt, I want you to go home." and then I 'wake up' again. During the day I catch myself talking to her though I haven't seen her in more than a year.
I still have pretty bad sleep insomnia but I haven't had any hallucinations in quite some time I think.

It sucks... I wish you all the best.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kokomi_20 and itsneverbeenmoreove