S

suirepman

Mar 14, 2023
most of my life I have been depressed and suicidal. I never had any friends growing up (or now). let alone being in a relationship. and my life just seems to get worse and worse over time.
when I was a teenager I developed severe psoriasis all over my body, and no medicine has ever been able to help it. making me feel horrible and look horrible. well lucky me, cause then ~18yo I also developed rheumatoid arthritis in all of my joints and to this day (26yo) no medicine has been able to help me even slightly.
I struggled in college, I was a CS major at first but really struggled and dropped out, but my parents convinced me to go back and do accounting just to have a job. years later I finished and got a bachelors, major in accounting and minor in finance, 40k in debt, but it's obviously worth it because a job is almost guaranteed... well it's not, more than a year later and 3000+ applications put out and I only had 2 interviews and no acceptances.
still with arthritis I am now working a physically demanding job stocking shelves with heavy things.

but... there is one more thing I didn't mention, the one thing that makes it such that a happy life can never be achieved, no matter what I do.
I have gender dysphoria. growing up I always kinda knew something was going on, feeling uncomfortable as a boy, wishing to grow up to be a woman.
going through puberty hating how I masculinized and feeling deep despair whenever someone complimented how masculine I looked or how deep my voice was.
dissociating almost constantly, where it feels like I'm out of body and (best analogy I can come up with, doing photography) feels like I'm experiencing everything looking through a camera lens. but sometimes even more extreme things like distortion of the size and distance of objects, some things looking over double their usual size.
I would have maladaptive daydreaming too, about living as a woman, or reimagining memories, like going on vacation, but as a woman. nothing too remarkable, but it just felt "right".
even growing up and at work when a teenager a couple of times, having long hair, I'd mistakenly be called for with ma'am/miss, and it just felt natural, like someone saw me for who I was, but I felt I had to hide how it made me felt. my parents were always really bigoted, and enforced gender roles on me really strongly, I was always fearful since an early age to share how I felt at all.
it wasn't until after I dropped out of CS did I actually find out about transitioning, after reading a story of a trans person, I knew what I had felt my whole life. it all made sense. how I would keep people away from me, for fear of them learning of how I felt, never even being able to conceive of being in a relationship since someone seeing me as a man was the worst thing I could imagine, and how I would dissociate almost constantly, ruining my memory and making learning (like calc 2 (my biggest issue)) near impossible.

but even worse, I figured it out too late, I found out when I was too old, and too masculinized. I could probably continue living on, if I could transition and actually live as a woman, but my body is so far gone that no amount of hrt, or ffs (facial feminization surgery) could help me. not that I can afford them with my low paying job. but if I actually had a chance, I would have found a way to make it work even with the bad pay. but sadly that chance has passed me.
and now, knowing my greatest struggle I have been trying to control since I was a child, doesn't have any solution now that I was too stupid to realize and now too old to do anything about.
I just can't see myself living much longer.

the reasons people give to keep living; family, friends, partners, wealth, happiness, health, etc.
I have none of that, and what's more, I don't even have myself, not being able to look in the mirror, hating every moment that I speak, barely even human.
I have talked to many people about this, and come to realize there are usually only 2 responses, people who agree with my assessment that death might be the preferable option, and those who say that I shouldn't do it because suicide is inherently wrong.
it's a shame that my life has come to this, but I truly believe death is the best option, when all roads ahead are negative, the neutral option of death seems the most attractive.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Menschenmühle, y'ffre, NoLightRemains and 2 others
touhoufan

touhoufan

hello! feel free to pm
Feb 14, 2023
i dont think your situation is unsalvageable. youre a grown adult with a job, im sure once you have the opportunity to move out (yes, despite the debt!) youll be able to explore your identity a bit more. late transition =/= bad transition. there is still hope

S

suirepman

Mar 14, 2023
i dont think your situation is unsalvageable. youre a grown adult with a job, im sure once you have the opportunity to move out (yes, despite the debt!) youll be able to explore your identity a bit more. late transition =/= bad transition. there is still hope
I would agree generally for people, but for me, I know it will be a bad transition. my body and face are exceptionally masculine. a lot of the issues being things that cannot be fixed with hormones or surgery.
also with my job, it's not a good job, it pays very little, such that I decided to not actually get the insurance cause I need as much money as possible just to live and the $100/month was too much for me

CandyK__

CandyK__

Mercy on me, would you please spare me tonight?
Mar 13, 2023
What you're going through sound painful, and I'm really sorry for you.

I only had 2 interviews and no acceptances.
It's a hard market, you could look into some underpaid internship to get the "experience" they want from new workers so badly. Or look into less obvious career path that is related to your degree, but not directly.

I just can't see myself living much longer.
You can't see your body living much longer, because it is not you. It's an obscure caricature, you are hidden, inside. If you manage to express who you truly are it might get better.
late transition =/= bad transition
Absolutely! It might not be initially what you want, but over time you will manage to become who you are.

there are usually only 2 responses
I would suggest a 3rd​ answer. You should keep on living, not because suicide is wrong, but to become who you want to be. Yes, surgeries won't change everything instantly, but with hormones and other process, and clothing you can look the way you want to. It's not lost cause, but it will take time to become who you really are.

Sending much love, I hope you manage to be ok <3

S

suirepman

Mar 14, 2023
What you're going through sound painful, and I'm really sorry for you.
thanks, I appreciate it.
It's a hard market, you could look into some underpaid internship to get the "experience" they want from new workers so badly. Or look into less obvious career path that is related to your degree, but not directly.
I have tried unpaid internships, I have tried almost everything, even recruiting agencies have ghosted me after being denied so many times. and I have tried many different jobs that are unrelated, even some like book keeping, to bank teller, secretary, and more. and nothing, literally no one is interested.
You can't see your body living much longer, because it is not you. It's an obscure caricature, you are hidden, inside. If you manage to express who you truly are it might get better.
Absolutely! It might not be initially what you want, but over time you will manage to become who you are.
I would suggest a 3rd​ answer. You should keep on living, not because suicide is wrong, but to become who you want to be. Yes, surgeries won't change everything instantly, but with hormones and other process, and clothing you can look the way you want to. It's not lost cause, but it will take time to become who you really are.
yea, that is true. but my body is so far gone that hormones won't do much for me. I don't want to get too into it cause I'm def not going to post photos as proof, but stuff like my midface length, shoulder width, narrow hips, really tall, massive ribcage, etc. these are things that can't really be helped. and it's not something I'm blowing out of proportion either like some (I have talked to others who do have chances), my body is actually above average and on the far extreme ends of male bodies. when I say it's exceptionally bad, I'm not being hyperbolic. like, I'm not inherently against transitioning, I've actually convinced some people to who were worried over a lot smaller things, like having to wait/save $$ for 2 years to afford ffs. I just think I'm being realistic about my situation
Sending much love, I hope you manage to be ok <3
thanks again, I hope you do well too.

• Hugs
Reactions: CandyK__
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm sorry that you suffer, life is just too cruel and I certainly believe that some people aren't meant for existing, that is the way that I've always felt. It really can be so awful when life just gets worse as time goes on, there could just never be anything fair about existing in a world where people suffer through no fault of their own. But anyway I wish you the best.

S

suirepman

Mar 14, 2023
I'm sorry that you suffer, life is just too cruel and I certainly believe that some people aren't meant for existing, that is the way that I've always felt. It really can be so awful when life just gets worse as time goes on, there could just never be anything fair about existing in a world where people suffer through no fault of their own. But anyway I wish you the best.
thanks, yea I agree, some times people are just kinda unlucky and no amount of wishing for something else will make it reality