• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

L

Living4MyBeagle

Nov 11, 2019
I plan to go to a hotel and OD on alcohol a massive amount of two different benzodiazepines and Ambien. My question is if I don't succeed fully and someone finds me if i have an advance health directive that says DNS on it. (Do Not Resuscitate) Don't the EMTs and the hospital have to follow that by law. Thabks!

L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
I plan to go to a hotel and OD on alcohol a massive amount of two different benzodiazepines and Ambien. My question is if I don't succeed fully and someone finds me if i have an advance health directive that says DNS on it. (Do Not Resuscitate) Don't the EMTs and the hospital have to follow that by law. Thabks!
If the hotel personnel finds you and calls EMS, they will not seek an advance health directive before working on you. If you want this directive followed immediately upon discovery of you or at the hospital, buy a medical alert bracelet that states DNR directive in place, otherwise they save you first and ask later.

Reactions: MissKatrina, NothingLeft071110, autumnal and 1 other person
P

Parsifal64

May 16, 2020
The guys who resuscitate you, and they will, won't know anything about your "advanced directive". If they see it, they're not gonna buy into your not having fabricated it. That's when you're in the ICU and the doctors have read it. You'd better have something more powerful than benzos? They're lame. Marilyn didn't check out with benzos and Scotch, etc.

Reactions: autumnal
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
They usually have to use very specific guidelines like you must be dying from X illness or Y reason. For example, if you have cancer and you have a DNAR but you start choking, you will be worked on because your DNAR says from cancer complications only. They have to be signed by a doctor.

Reactions: Quarky00, autumnal and Absurdity
Qbert

Qbert

Arcanist
Jan 6, 2019
Define "massive." Benzos are safe even in huge quantities.

Reactions: autumnal, Absurdity and Parsifal64
Pryras

Pryras

Last hope
Feb 11, 2020
Yeah not a good idea. The failure rate is too high no matter how much you take. If you survive, you will suffer in agony from the after effects. Also, don't count on the DNR to prevent them from working on you. I'm pretty sure it's for very specific cases and circumstances only and dying from self induced drug overdose isn't one of them.

Reactions: autumnal and Parsifal64
L

Living4MyBeagle

Nov 11, 2019
Yeah not a good idea. The failure rate is too high no matter how much you take. If you survive, you will suffer in agony from the after effects. Also, don't count on the DNR to prevent them from working on you. I'm pretty sure it's for very specific cases and circumstances only and dying from self induced drug overdose isn't one of them.

I have two different kind of benzo's 270 of one, 90 of the other, an opiate 30 pills and 90 ambien, and I already take a medicine regularly that has an anti nausea property in it but I have a lot of promethazine that I could take for nausea before. My health care directive is pretty legit. It comes straight from a local hospital, is signed by a witness and a doctor. I had it done before I went in for an 8 hour surgery. My city has multiple health systems, but once you file your health care directive at one it is accessible at all of them. They all share information. I've been struggling with health problems for 10 years. I am going to have it right by me. Going against a health care directive can in some cases be against the law.

Alec

Alec

Wizard
Apr 22, 2019
The guys who resuscitate you, and they will, won't know anything about your "advanced directive". If they see it, they're not gonna buy into your not having fabricated it. That's when you're in the ICU and the doctors have read it. You'd better have something more powerful than benzos? They're lame. Marilyn didn't check out with benzos and Scotch, etc.
How did Marilyn check out?

Reactions: LMLN
Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
EMS will always ignore DNR .

It is a complicated medical and legal document . They're neither trained nor interested (nor bound) . They may take it to ER (not sure). As BPDBarb noted it's for terminal situations , usually for stable patients experiencing some 'organ failure' and need life support -- not for Emergency Room . Regarding advanced directive , it will be verified by more doctors and tests , so it's really not something you do with someone that just came in fighting for their life .

Going against a health care directive can in some cases be against the law.
Malpractice and negligence are far worse than going against directive . Directive is to be practiced by the doctor that is responsible for a patient that is hospitalized in a ward . That's because they know the specifics , history , prognosis , etc . Can you imaging a hectic ER doing intubation iv cpr etc -- and then docs start to read a legal document? Not practical.

I have two different kind of benzo's 270 of one, 90 of the other
The use of multiple CNS sedatives had been discussed here and it's more likely to survive . Even according to your plan , questions of practicality -- take 500 pills , drink alcohol and opioids w/o vomit . Members here tried to OD and fine tune opioids-alcohol-benzo and couldn't . Sadly search option in site not working for me, in order to provide more information that was previously described :)

* If it helps , opioid ODs are either plug or IV

Last edited:
Reactions: autumnal and Pryras
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Please tell me your dog will be safe. Taking that many pills at once has a high chance of forming a large mass that does not go anywhere quickly. They would need to be pulverized first.

others Have commented on the likelihood of what you are suggested working the way you have envisioned it (though death by aspiration is certainly possible given the alcohol.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Chronicoverwhelm, autumnal and laserfocus111
L

Living4MyBeagle

Nov 11, 2019
Please tell me your dog will be safe. Taking that many pills at once has a high chance of forming a large mass that does not go anywhere quickly. They would need to be pulverized first.

others Have commented on the likelihood of what you are suggested working the way you have envisioned it (though death by aspiration is certainly possible given the alcohol.)
My beagle baby passed. That is why i am ready to go now.

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I'm so sorry to hear that.

• Love
Reactions: Living4MyBeagle and autumnal
C

CTB-London

Student
Feb 26, 2019
Define "massive." Benzos are safe even in huge quantities.
True but the poster plans to mix them with alcohol (which may work) and Ambien. This combination of 3 sedatives may well work.

• Hugs
Reactions: Living4MyBeagle
Suez

Suez

Experienced
Feb 27, 2020
Some people wrongly believe that having an Advance Directive and Living Will is like a DNR. Even if you were to state in your Advance Directive or in your Living Will that you did not wish to be resuscitated, you would still need to fill out the specific DNR forms with your doctor. Without a proper DNR, doctors, emergency , any type of medical service responders or other health professional can and will attempt resuscitation if your heart or breathing stop.

L

Living4MyBeagle

Nov 11, 2019
Some people wrongly believe that having an Advance Directive and Living Will is like a DNR. Even if you were to state in your Advance Directive or in your Living Will that you did not wish to be resuscitated, you would still need to fill out the specific DNR forms with your doctor. Without a proper DNR, doctors, emergency , any type of medical service responders or other health professional can and will attempt resuscitation if your heart or breathing stop.

As stated before I do have the proper DNS filled out by a doctor because I was going through an 8 hour surgery. It is still on file with all local hospitals.
EMS will always ignore DNR .

It is a complicated medical and legal document . They're neither trained nor interested (nor bound) . They may take it to ER (not sure). As BPDBarb noted it's for terminal situations , usually for stable patients experiencing some 'organ failure' and need life support -- not for Emergency Room . Regarding advanced directive , it will be verified by more doctors and tests , so it's really not something you do with someone that just came in fighting for their life .

Malpractice and negligence are far worse than going against directive . Directive is to be practiced by the doctor that is responsible for a patient that is hospitalized in a ward . That's because they know the specifics , history , prognosis , etc . Can you imaging a hectic ER doing intubation iv cpr etc -- and then docs start to read a legal document? Not practical.

The use of multiple CNS sedatives had been discussed here and it's more likely to survive . Even according to your plan , questions of practicality -- take 500 pills , drink alcohol and opioids w/o vomit . Members here tried to OD and fine tune opioids-alcohol-benzo and couldn't . Sadly search option in site not working for me, in order to provide more information that was previously described :)

* If it helps , opioid ODs are either plug or IV

I'm pulverizing the pills and the opiates will be through my chest port which is already accessed so no way to fail and not hit a vein.

Last edited:
Suez

Suez

Experienced
Feb 27, 2020
As stated before I do have the proper DNS filled out by a doctor because I was going through an 8 hour surgery. It is still on file with all local hospitals.

I'm pulverizing the pills and the opiates will be through my chest port which is already accessed so no way to fail and not hit a vein.
My apologies, i missed that amongst the posts.I know that while rules do tend vary from state to state, and even from hospital to hospital, generally emergency personnel will not follow directives for DNR in a living will, even if someone was to wave it in front of their faces but with proof of a physician-signed DNR, however, they will usually comply and not perform CPR. There has been a few complaints i have heard of, not where i live but in other countries, like the US (sorry im not sure where you are from), where EMS have ignore DNR directives and have been subsequently sued. So i would be surprised then, if you have a DNR that they could perform CPR. If as you say it is on file at hospital, you need to get as the very least a copy that you can have on hand for yourself, you can not just rely on a note saying that you have a DNR on file. That wont work because they will need to check that and if they are attending you and you are not breathing when they arrive, theyre priority will be to treat you rather than look for records. You really need to make that your priority.

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I don't recommend the benzo plus alcohol idea, as it is anything but certain. But, if you are going to go that route, a plastic bag can help. A larger bag with an elastic headband taped around the bottom can be used. The idea is that you can hold the bag open until unconscious and it will close when one is unconscious.

this is the only way I'd attribute any degree of probability to the method. Even then, I'd look at SN, especially if you are in the US. Given what you have stated, Neither option would require one to leave the house.

Last edited:
L

Living4MyBeagle

Nov 11, 2019
I don't recommend the benzo plus alcohol idea, as it is anything but certain. But, if you are going to go that route, a plastic bag can help. A larger bag with an elastic headband taped around the bottom can be used. The idea is that you can hold the bag open until unconscious and it will close when one is unconscious.

this is the only way I'd attribute any degree of probability to the method. Even then, I'd look at SN, especially if you are in the US. Given what you have stated, Neither option would require one to leave the house.

SN is so expensive. I'm on disability and barely making it as is. I would definitely do SN but just can't afford it.

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
SN is so expensive. I'm on disability and barely making it as is. I would definitely do SN but just can't afford it.

Hm. I guess you mean SN is expensive when you count the costs of the auntie-ems and so on; SN itself is quite inexpensive.

I read about a method using citric acid and baking soda (or was it baking powder?). If you catch the search engine while it's functioning you might want to check that one out.

Update: Here's the thread:
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/plastic-bag-citric-acid-and-baking-soda.21428/

Last edited:
sadbadpsychogirl

sadbadpsychogirl

sonofabitch
May 29, 2020
overdosing can be tough. you need a lethal level of a lethal substance such as barbiturates or strong opiates. also it is a good idea to have at least two substances (benzos/opiates) benzos on their own will not work.

L

Living4MyBeagle

Nov 11, 2019
Hm. I guess you mean SN is expensive when you count the costs of the auntie-ems and so on; SN itself is quite inexpensive.

I read about a method using citric acid and baking soda (or was it baking powder?). If you catch the search engine while it's functioning you might want to check that one out.

Update: Here's the thread:
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/plastic-bag-citric-acid-and-baking-soda.21428/
Thanks so much for that!
overdosing can be tough. you need a lethal level of a lethal substance such as barbiturates or strong opiates. also it is a good idea to have at least two substances (benzos/opiates) benzos on their own will not work.
Yeah, I'm getting discouraged about the possibility of an OD. I aspirate in my sleep without meds. It's a medical problem I have. I've been found unresponsive twice and been on a breathing tube because of pneumonia and all the ICU bullshit. So I'm hoping alcohol which I haven't drank in 10 years so super low tolerance, benzos, opiates, Ambien, plus the strong possibility of aspiration. Plus a five night paid stay at a hotel will do it. A guy I graduated high school tried to hang himself and someone found him too soon and now he is a quadriplegic so that scares the hell out of me. Although I worked for 4 years as a psychologist at a maximum security federal prison so I know that method is tried and true. I know kind of crazy that I'm a psychologist and this fucked up. I have a lot of trauma. Trauma is the root of all evil. Depression, OCD, anxiety, everything stems from trauma. As early as two years old. That shit will build and build, and then you will have six months where the most traumatic things will happen and your trauma meter is maxed out. And then you find yourself here.

Last edited: