Status
Not open for further replies.
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I wish this was more of a safe space reserved for those who really want to die, it does feel like this site has become too mainstream now with too many pro-lifers and trolls, to me it feels like the suicide discussion is now just used as a place to post absolutely anything.

And I don't understand the people who act like suicide is easy for absolutely everyone when it clearly isn't, honestly I cannot stand ignorant people who act like if people struggle to ctb because methods are inaccessible for them or they fear suicide failing it means they don't want it enough. It feels like in the past the posts were of suicidal people and people actually wanting to die rather than this site just being like anywhere else on the internet, to be honest it feels like pro-lifers delusions are all over this site with how the word "recovery" is constantly used.

Sorry but existence is the problem, wanting to die isn't an "illness" or some kind of irrational way to feel, it disgusts me how many act like people are mentally ill for wanting to escape from this meaningless and undesirable existence that was imposed on them in the first place, I see suicide as the rational solution to prevent all future unnecessary suffering.

But honestly I'm not surprised that pro-lifers are everywhere as we exist in such a hellish life worshipping society where many humans refuse to accept that existence itself is nothing more than an unnecessary harm. Humans truly are the worst species, I'd certainly always see it as better to not exist in this evil, disgusting world, wanting to die is all that makes sense to me, it's not something to "recover" from.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sevennn, PeterRabbit28064212, xi0ni and 25 others
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
i agree w ur title. i wish we had like an alternate, more underground version for ppl that're on SaSu for the main intended purpose. & that u had to meet certain criteria to be accepted. not really feasible, but a nice thought. ofc i support recovery & ppl wanting to help others, but that's not what i came to a site named Sanctioned Suicide for, & seeing ppl talk abt it/hope/other things of that nature, is just like a stabbing reminder of what's not possible for me & what i'll never have. even though i checked the box to ignore that thread, new posts will still pop up in my What's New feed. i even got a pop up suggestion once to check out Recovery bc i have it ignored.

i've also been seeing some posts by ppl that are clearly not meant to be here. they either have a not so subtle pro-life agenda/mindset, or they're just here to sightsee or something💀or i see posts asking the most obv things, that're also linked everywhere on the main page of the site. it's kinda v aggravating tbh. prob bc i don't have much patience or tolerance for things.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: moonlightwhisper, worthIess and jbear824
bed

bed

CTBed
Aug 24, 2019
to me it feels like the suicide discussion is now just used as a place to post absolutely anything.
you can always report threads that you feel do not belong in Suicide Discussion and we'll move them if they don't fit.

• Love
Reactions: boddibo, struggles_inc, beelzebul and 6 others
steppingoff

steppingoff

Experienced
Jan 18, 2024
I wish this was more of a safe space reserved for those who really want to die, it does feel like this site has become too mainstream now with too many pro-lifers and trolls, to me it feels like the suicide discussion is now just used as a place to post absolutely anything.
Hi I am still new here but what are the trolls looking for?

leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
I've said it before and I'll say it again, 8chan's /suicide/ board was the ideal for what this place should be, and we need it back.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi and pthnrdnojvsc
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
Hi I am still new here but what are the trolls looking for?
what makes trolls trolls is that they have no real motive/purpose. they contribute nothing of substance. just being dumb bc they like being dumb & they're proud to be dumb.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi and divinemistress36
steppingoff

steppingoff

Experienced
Jan 18, 2024
what makes trolls trolls is that they have no real motive/purpose. they contribute nothing of substance. just being dumb bc they like being dumb & they're proud to be dumb.
sounds like some of my family :)

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: SVEN, Nyx𓂀, Adûnâi and 1 other person
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I agree. I looked through some of the older threads and there's definitely a different dynamic now than there was back then. Unfortunately, this site genuinely has gone too mainstream.. I still think it's the best place for me to be on the internet but it's still worse now than it was back then.
I'd certainly always see it as better to not exist in this evil, disgusting world, wanting to die is all that makes sense to me, it's not something to "recover" from.
I agree. For some people like me, my desire to be dead isn't something that can be recovered. Actually, I see death as something that can help me recover from life. I'm happy that my life has an off switch and will close eventually. Anyways, I wish you the best of luck and that you find peace soon

• Love
Reactions: sevennn, Yavannah, Nyx𓂀 and 3 others
dinosavr

dinosavr

and if i’m turning blue please don’t save me 🌛
Dec 14, 2023
We live in this world that, as you've noticed, worships life and sees it as a miracle. So it's not that we don't want to die for real. We're just able to be weak and lost in our minds. It's natural to fall for the manipulation and all that pro-life crap we've been taught since we were born. I'm sorry for any posts that might have been written in a way that puts life anywhere above death.

• Love
Reactions: elimliadam, Nyx𓂀, Adûnâi and 1 other person
V

VeryAnhedonic

Dec 17, 2021
Sorry but existence is the problem, wanting to die isn't an "illness" or some kind of irrational way to feel, it disgusts me how many act like people are mentally ill for wanting to escape from this meaningless and undesirable existence that was imposed on them in the first place, I see suicide as the rational solution to prevent all future unnecessary suffering.

I do not fully agree with this. Wanting to kill oneself is in most cases the consequence of severe mental and physical disorders. The problem is that in many cases that the damage cannot be repaired, leaving death as the only option. In so far I agree with you that it's often still rational kill oneself, but "existence" by itself isn't the problem. There was a time, where I enjoyed my existence...

• Love
Reactions: PeterRabbit28064212, bed, Glandular and 10 others
piddincir

piddincir

Student
Nov 6, 2023

And I don't understand the people who act like suicide is easy for absolutely everyone when it clearly isn't, honestly I cannot stand ignorant people who act like if people struggle to ctb because methods are inaccessible for them or they fear suicide failing it means they don't want it enough. It feels like in the past the posts were of suicidal people and people actually wanting to die rather than this site just being like anywhere else on the internet, to be honest it feels like pro-lifers delusions are all over this site with how the word "recovery" is constantly used.

But honestly I'm not surprised that pro-lifers are everywhere as we exist in such a hellish life worshipping society where many humans refuse to accept that existence itself is nothing more than an unnecessary harm. Humans truly are the worst species, I'd certainly always see it as better to not exist in this evil, disgusting world, wanting to die is all that makes sense to me, it's not something to "recover" from.

Sorry but I have to post this description of discussion;

noun

the activity in which people talk about something and tell each other their ideas or opinions:

This is not intended to be 'trolling' but if you post in suicide discussion be prepared to hear both side of the argument not just your own views.

• Love
Reactions: BrainShower, boddibo, Sprite_Geist and 11 others
girlsboysthems

girlsboysthems

no i dont have a gun
Dec 19, 2022
i am annoyed by the suicide part being filled with people that come on here and are just like how do i kill myself i need answers fast. like tf this is not how things are here, do people read the rules before registering...? / DOXXING THEMSELVES by posting their specific location and using real photos... yalls gonna get visits from the cops or locked up...

Last edited:
Reactions: BrainShower and divinemistress36
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023

noun

the activity in which people talk about something and tell each other their ideas or opinions:
Just because this section is called "suicide discussion" doesn't literally mean that every post here has to be a discussion. If every post here was meant to induce some sort of discussion here, then there would be no point in having different flares that can go alongside a post here
This is not intended to be 'trolling' but if you post in suicide discussion be prepared to hear both side of the argument not just your own views.
The flare used for this thread is venting. This is just a vent of theirs and that's allowed here. Also, if you've been here long enough, you'll know that they are aware that arguments from both sides takes place; they merely just don't care enough about said arguments to actually reply to it. They only really care about themselves and their own posts for the most part which I think is a good trait to have but I digress

Reactions: bed, pole and Deleted member 82921
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024

noun

sorry, not trying to be rude, but that's their point. on a site literally named Sanctioned Suicide, they don't wanna have to field opposing questions/opinions/ideas/views on their posts abt suicide in the discussion specifically for suicide😭

Last edited:
  • Hmph!
  • Love
Reactions: Slow_Farewell, SVEN, ijustwishtodie and 4 others
leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
Ooh was this some kinda OG board that says took over from?
I'm not sure how much (if any) overlap occurred between SanSu and /suicide/, I'm merely expressing nostalgia for a different community dedicated to this topic, particularly because when I originally signed up I had hoped that SanSu would be more similar to /suicide/ than it turned out to be. Apparently this website is an offshoot to a reddit community by the same name, which itself was apparently an offshoot of a usenet group called alt.suicide.holiday, rather than any connection to /suicide/.

Also, completely unrelated but I just noticed that this is my 666th post. HAIL SATAN, IBLIS AKBAR
elmo-fire.gif

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: Yavannah, Nyx𓂀, Adûnâi and 3 others
piddincir

piddincir

Student
Nov 6, 2023
sorry, not trying to be rude, but that's their point. on a site literally named Sanctioned Suicide, they don't wanna have to field questions/opinions from prolifers on their posts abt suicide in the discussion specifically for suicide😭
not rude at all, but on a site literally named 'sanctioned suicide', it's not just about finding methods and wanting to die, its a community of people who feel suicidal to express their views on suicide in a non judgemental way and do not have anywhere else to express these feeling, yes this sight
has helped people take their lives, maybe in more peaceful ways than would have otherwise done so, but I know it's helped people as well, to feel connected to others, to feel understood to feel less lonely.

If you just express your own views, that is fine, your views are your own , but my point was discussion, as described...

Reactions: BrainShower, slugcat, Sprite_Geist and 9 others
breezeboy

breezeboy

To infinity and beyond
Dec 8, 2023
Just because this section is called "suicide discussion" doesn't literally mean that every post here has to be a discussion. If every post here was meant to induce some sort of discussion here, then there would be no point in having different flares that can go alongside a post here

The flare used for this thread is venting. This is just a vent of theirs and that's allowed here. Also, if you've been here long enough, you'll know that they are aware that arguments from both sides takes place; they merely just don't care enough about said arguments to actually reply to it. They only really care about themselves and their own posts for the most part which I think is a good trait to have but I digress
Venting on a public forum... this isn't a blog.
Responses are expected

• Love
Reactions: BrainShower, Sprite_Geist, bebebeep and 8 others
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
it's not just about finding methods and wanting to die, its a community of people who feel suicidal to express their views on suicide in a non judgemental way and do not have anywhere else to express these feeling, yes people this sight has helped people take their lives, maybe in more peaceful ways than would have otherwise done so, but I know it's helped people as well, to feel connected to others, to feel understood to feel less lonely.

If you just express your own views, that is fine, your views are your own , but my point was discussion, as described...
(based off title/what i think their overall message is) op is saying they want/wish this site would go back to what it was, which sounds like that's exactly mainly what it was. methods + suicide + other related things. ur interpretation of SaSu is a part of it, & it's beautiful + accurate, but isn't op's point. yes, connection & recovery is a wonderful thing. but u used the definition of discussion as if by using it, op's incorrect. they're not. wanting ur post about committing suicide on Sanctioned Suicide in a discussion specifically labeled suicide, not recovery or anything else, to stay abt suicide, & not be filled w opposing views/ideas/thoughts, is what a huge portion of us literally come to SaSu for.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: sevennn, jbear824, Dliena and 1 other person
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
It feels like in the past the posts were of suicidal people and people actually wanting to die rather than this site just being like anywhere else on the internet, to be honest it feels like pro-lifers delusions are all over this site with how the word "recovery" is constantly used.
Not too sure where you have seen that. (Maybe you live on this forum and do encounter it much more, granted.)

1. Goodbye threads - nobody is shaming the departed, nobody seems to take an outright disrespectful pro-life stance (aside from... "it's ok if your survival instinct turns out too strong, can always tries again"?).
2. Vent threads - people there often expect advice to begin with.
3. Method discussions - they are literally impossible in normie spaces.

I mean, it's nice to see you post a divisive thread for once (I love strife, mwahaha). But, if anything, I'd rather suggest a larger number of subforums. But then, it could be more trouble than it's worth...
I agree. I looked through some of the older threads and there's definitely a different dynamic now than there was back then. Unfortunately, this site genuinely has gone too mainstream.. I still think it's the best place for me to be on the internet but it's still worse now than it was back then.
I'm not familiar with what this suicide forum used to look like before November 2023, but would my hunch be correct that incel discussions were more common, too?

Last edited:
Reactions: struggles_inc, Slow_Farewell, piddincir and 2 others
Spike Spiegel

Spike Spiegel

Sep 26, 2022
I have seen similar posts about related topics. There has also been discourse over terms like Pro life pro choice pro suicide. Iv posted it before and Ill say it again. Most of those tittles are too broad and have connotations to other issues that dilute any potential meaning. For example I am pro individual choice, that's the choice to CTB as well as the choice to seek help. As well as wanting to help others.

I agree the suicide thread is full of people who ignore the rules and need to read and understood the mega threads.

I agree wanting to die is not always related to a mental illness, yet it sometimes is. Or is the result of trauma that is associated with PTSD or mental illness. To assume in a blanket manor that wanting to die is always done in a rational manner I feel is unfair and a generalization.

I'm curious what you consider recovery. If someone who once wanted to kill themselves and went on a philosophical and introspective journey and decided to stay on this earth to their natural conclusion, is that recovery?

Are people who are suicidal when not medicated in recovery?

It is easy to spiral down the rabbit whole of personal choice, vs why do we live.

I also think through the conversation, follow , pm ,various threads, and profile, features it is somewhat easy to curtain your experience on this site.

Ultimately I still think diverse points of view should be respected if they present themself as respectful (in the right thread). I believe this forum has a stereotype of a death forum and people are bothered when that is not upheld.

I get it wanting to die because you feel its your choice and is a rational respectable choice given what you have already experienced in this world. And to have someone come on here and try to tell you that life can be beautiful and you just need to find the right people or meds or this or that is infuriating and borderline disrespectful. More forum discussion sections may be needed to filter the various forums of suicidal people.

I still disagree with the vitriol showed to pro lifers even if I disagree with them

interesting post

• Love
Reactions: BrainShower, Sprite_Geist, bebebeep and 2 others
Csmith8827

Csmith8827

Don't you listen to your heart? (Listen to it...)
Oct 26, 2019
1. Goodbye threads - nobody is shaming the departed, nobody seems to take an outright disrespectful pro-life stance (aside from... "it's ok if your survival instinct turns out too strong, can always tries again"?).

That's where you're wrong. I see pro-lifers all the time saying how there "sorry life has brought you to this point etc.etc" That's pro-life bullshit. Suicide doesn't have to be sad....all people do half the time is post how sad they are with people deciding to leave. Maybe it was there time? Maybe there sick and tired of the bullshit. If anything we should be cheering them on not mourning there decision to go. Chat is full of huggers and pity party throwers/mourners as well. I'm with Funeral Cry on this one. This site used to be a safe space to promote, understand, and encourage each other. Now it's just a tear party. Wtf happened?

• Love
  • Hmph!
Reactions: sevennn, pthnrdnojvsc, Escape Artist and 1 other person
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
If anything we should be cheering them on not mourning there decision to go.
Depends on the particular person. I admit that it's a normie atavism, but I have a hunch some people would get offended if people cheered for their deaths, lmao.

I view the "I'm sorry" comments as sufficiently neutral.

Reactions: BrainShower, slugcat, Sprite_Geist and 4 others
Csmith8827

Csmith8827

Oct 26, 2019
I admit that it's a normie atavism
Exactly and I feel like it should be stopped. Supposedly in the rules you're not suppose to encourage anyone but all I see is discouragement via apologies and "I'm sorry's". There's nothing to be sorry about. Someone chose to ctb and say fuck the situation they were in. That's 100% understandable and ok in my book.

• Hmph!
Reactions: sevennn and pthnrdnojvsc
Labyrinth

Labyrinth

There is no escaping the burden of existence
Jan 8, 2024
Implement the suggestion to subdivide the topic of suicide into more specific categories. as presented by another sasu member.

• Love
Reactions: jbear824, Defenestration, Adûnâi and 1 other person
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
There's nothing to be sorry about.
A counter-point - every time a person successfully retrieves SN or what have you, they constantly get cheered on, not booed.

...Whereas if I drew your point to its logical conclusion, I'd expect people needily to prompt the SN receiver to start the regimen right away because there might not be enough time in the future, and "why wait?".

While I may fully understand a pro-mortalist position, and share it myself, but I'm not so self-absorbed or uncourteous as to deny that philosophical suicide is not a common need. I can with my own eyes see that normies would rather kill and get their limbs removed than order SN (I'm Ukrainian, and a readiness to suicide would have made this stupid war impossible).

Reactions: BrainShower and Slow_Farewell
Csmith8827

Csmith8827

Oct 26, 2019
A counter-point - every time a person successfully retrieves SN or what have you, they constantly get cheered on, not booed.

...Whereas if I drew your point to its logical conclusion, I'd expect people needily to prompt the SN receiver to start the regimen right away because there might not be enough time in the future, and "why wait?".

I see what you're talking about people being cheered on for receiving SN. That's a good counter-point...

But as far as "why wait?" It's your own choice and decision to decide to go when it's right for you. Death is a huge step into the unknown and nobody should be rushed. If you need to take some time and think it through then that's totally understandable. So you didn't draw my point to it's logical conclusion I just think you made a "pro-mortalist" assumption.

• Love
Reactions: hikikomorizombie and Adûnâi
S

Subterran

Claustrophobic Caprid
Jan 17, 2024
That's where you're wrong. I see pro-lifers all the time saying how there "sorry life has brought you to this point etc.etc" That's pro-life bullshit.
You can be pro-RTD while still being sad to see someone go, just like you can be pro-choice while not giddy to have or hear of abortions, or non-pacifistic while not looking for fights. Pro-life means minimizing suicides, but pro-RTD does not mean maximizing suicides.

If it sounds like a poster in their final hours is not wanting to have a pity party held in their honor, probably commenters should take a hint and respect that. But when people here say "sorry," they generally are expressing their genuine emotion and trying to offer comfort.

• Love
Reactions: BrainShower, slugcat, ☆AwaitingEntropy☆ and 4 others
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
If it sounds like a poster in their final hours is not wanting to have a pity party held in their honor, probably commenters should take a hint and respect that.
I don't want to be disrespectful, so I won't say anything. I wish I could because it's somewhat funny, but I never know when funny can be deemed unnecessarily offensive. (I unironically like FuneralCry, but then again, I'm autistic.)

Reactions: struggles_inc, Slow_Farewell and ijustwishtodie
Defenestration

Defenestration

I want to have the courage to defenestrate myself
Oct 25, 2020
i am annoyed by the suicide part being filled with people that come on here and are just like how do i kill myself i need answers fast. like tf this is not how things are here, do people read the rules before registering...? / DOXXING THEMSELVES by posting their specific location and using real photos... yalls gonna get visits from the cops or locked up...
I've been here since 2020 and already at the time there were a lot of topics like that...of the SN and N...everything ok the number may have increased.

I prefer a person who comes here and asks if their method is ok rather than someone who is going to do anything and end up quadriplegic.no?????😰

if the person doesn't talk about it here where will they talk about it? 😰

Of course there is the search function but sometimes you need to be reassured by posting YOUR own subject😰. I am still alive because just before jumping I was held back by the survival instinct... yes I spent hours and hours reading the topics on the jump...and even elsewhere but I just need to be reassured because it stresses me out that there is 2/100 survival😰😰😰.

you're talking about people who post pictures and who will end up in a psychiatric hospital or with the police i understand its dangerous ok😰... but if in a farewell thread you put a "good Luck it will be ok" this can be considered as incitement to suicide and if the family of the dead person comes across the phone and is litigious you can get into a lot of trouble. I find this law to be stupid, but it's the law😰.

friendly🙏🙏😉, don't take my message the wrong way🥰🥰🥰🥰

• Love
Reactions: Sukui and Adûnâi
Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022

1. Who CTB'd and made YOU the gate-keeper of SaSu? I don't remember electing you. ( jk i'd probably vote for you <3 )

2. Your own ideolgy supports the bases for the circumstance of greater numbers being led here and filtering
who "really wants to die" verses trolls and attention seekers seems like too daunting a task to even attempt in general.
It's up to the community and the mods to deal with this issue and, it very much IS an issue, despite my stance on the topic.
I think most of our minds are well developed enough to spot the fakes/trolls/feds and disregard them. I have faith in us.
As the suicidal bug grows (as we know and believe it should because to claim any less would be delusional by our understanding)
we can expect alot more diligence will be required in the future.

3. I'm all for a more exclusive setting but that's because i'm already inside. I think this should be called "suicidal privledge".
We don't know we have it and if we didn't we wouldn't agree. (i think. prospective varies. some are one for all)

4. Sadly, we have to co-exist with pro-life people. Our right to feel how we feel doesn't over-ride their right to love life and vice versa.
It does get annoying though. Tolerance in it's purest form I guess. We tolerate to be tolerable so we're tolerated. O_O Meep.

5. I love and respect all my sad humans here. Be kind to each other. TRY. It's not always easy. Just make the effort.

L3nWqCuf16bwx2icg

• Love
Reactions: struggles_inc, Slow_Farewell, Myforevercharlie and 4 others
Status
Not open for further replies.