N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Yesterday I posted a thread about the psychiatry in the suicide sub-forum. The title sounded like anti-psychiatry agitation however I think the content was balanced. Often when I have titles which might sound controversial or something that might be morally disputable I see a lot of guests who watch the thread. Personally I try to give balanced takes. For example did I say that my life probably would be way worse without the psychiatry and that the clinic stays and the medication really helped.

Whern I see overproportional guests in a thread shortly after I posted I have the feeling that people either are gawking at us or that people from the groups in the title are monitoring us. I always imagine two professionals or journalists. One of them says to the other one: "Bro look at that look at that! Write that down, write that down! This will be a banger news in our report. This will be a gold in our emotional story about suicide!"

One thing that bugs me. They never give us a voice and represent our arguments. Their reports are always so one-sided. I think their logic is balanced and nuanced takes about suicide could people turn against the current policy and normalize suicide. But it is the opposite. By not being fair and balanced they lose popularity among people like us who feel belittled and treated like children. People don't want to open up towards other people because they are anxious to be judged for it.