C

ceilng_tile

Jan 13, 2024
I have an interview on March 1st for a job that, while it isn't exactly in my chosen field, is close enough that it might help me get back in after a couple of years. (Long shot, but I have to at least give it a chance.)

I'm slogging along through my current contract (which will expire in June, assuming I don't get fired from this toxic place before then). I have no motivation to do anything. I really want to give up or go nuclear but I can't ruin what might be the only chance that I have.

I would appreciate some encouragement right now.

• Hugs
Reactions: Myforevercharlie and hiAbbey
Katdogg

Katdogg

Jan 31, 2024
Congratulations on the interview. Best of luck.

Are you prepping yourself for it or do you feel confident doing them?

C

ceilng_tile

Jan 13, 2024
The interview went horribly. Interviewing while autistic is the worst. Not that it might really matter in the end because apparently one of the bosses there is a huge asshole.

• Hugs
Reactions: wCvML2, restless.dreams and Life_and_Death
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
If the boss is an arsehole, then it may be a good thing if you don't get the job. Well done anyway for getting as far as the interview. It sounds like you've got a contract for a few more months; do you think that might give you time to find another job / prepare for an interview?

Reactions: Downdraft
C

ceilng_tile

Jan 13, 2024
If the boss is an arsehole, then it may be a good thing if you don't get the job. Well done anyway for getting as far as the interview. It sounds like you've got a contract for a few more months; do you think that might give you time to find another job / prepare for an interview?
I hope so. There's not a ton of opportunities like this and most places like to have someone nailed down by early spring.

Abandoned Character

Abandoned Character

(he./him)
Mar 24, 2023
Keep looking! Job search is grueling and kind of bullshit, alas such is the system we are in. Maybe there are resources online for working through job interviews with autism?

C

ceilng_tile

Jan 13, 2024
I ended up getting the job!

It's still torture to go into my current job every day but at least now I know I still have a chance at a future.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Abandoned Character, cetacea, Myforevercharlie and 1 other person
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
Woooooooooo Hoooooooooo! I don't know you, but I'm really pleased for you!

Just steer clear of the arsehole boss and all will be good!