La Lorona

La Lorona

Aug 29, 2024
Hi guys. I attempted CBT multiple times by overdosing on prescribed medication (which is kvetiapin, lorazepam, lamotrigin and escitalopram)
I took realy a lot of it, everything that I had at home, which was multiple boxes, and even combined it with alcohol on empty stomac, and btw, I don't waight more then 50-55 kg at heaviest. And somehow, every time I just fall asleep for about 24-48h, and just wake up like nothing happened, feel dizzy and tired for few days but nothing more then that. What is wrong with me or with medication?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Little_Suzy, Adûnâi and davidtorez
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Welcome to the forum. The meds you have aren't useful to to OD on them.

There's the Suicide Resource Compilation. If you're interested in ODs then you should read the PPH.

• Informative
Reactions: Nephy, Little_Suzy and BobSmoked
Holu

Holu

Hypomania go brrr
Apr 5, 2023
Tolerance and metabolism. If your been taking these meds for a while your tolerance is probably built up a fair amount and if your someone with high metabolism its possible that your body is just metabolizing the meds quick enough.

Also it's possible some of the meds are actually neutralizing or reducing the potency one another. Same case with the alcohol.

Last edited:
La Lorona

La Lorona

Aug 29, 2024
Welcome to the forum. The meds you have aren't useful to to OD on them.

There's the Suicide Resource Compilation. If you're interested in ODs then you should read the PPH.

What is PPH?

Holu

Holu

Hypomania go brrr
Apr 5, 2023
Welcome to the forum. The meds you have are not made to be able to OD on them.

Kinda correct. Theoretically taking these meds would either stop one's breathing or their heartbeat since they are sedatives(depressants). You could very much and easily OD on them.

That said @La Lorona id be careful doing this. Another possibility is actually a coma, which might be the worse case scenario. It prob wouldn't be over a week but I can't tell you how long since your taking a ton of different things so there isn't much precedent.
What is PPH?
Peaceful pill handbook.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Little_Suzy and BobSmoked
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
What is PPH?
Peacefull Pill Handbook.

Kinda correct. Theoretically taking these meds would either stop one's breathing or their heartbeat since they are sedatives(depressants). You could very much and easily OD on them.

That said @La Lorona id be careful doing this. Another possibility is actually a coma, which might be the worse case scenario. It prob wouldn't be over a week but I can't tell you how long since your taking a ton of different things so there isn't much precedent.

Peaceful pill handbook.
Yes, but it's unreliable. Those meds would long be forbidden if it was that easy.

Reactions: BobSmoked
Holu

Holu

Hypomania go brrr
Apr 5, 2023
Those meds would long be forbidden if it was that easy.
They arguably are forbidden. All four are prescription drugs, likely for this individual who has either bipolar or schizoaffective but it's possible other things like very severe anxiety or depression. This individual isn't overdosing on over the counter meds, these are specifically prescribed for a specific disorder or disorders

Adding extra, there are over the counter sleeping meds which if you took say, 1000mg of zzzquil, odds are your gonna have a seizure and potentially drop dead. When medication has use with high demand, they aren't gonna bother banning it, since it helps a significant amount more than it hurts. If someone does use it inappropriately, it's not the meds fault, and since it's not something that is niche, it won't be removed. Especially if it's already FDA.

Reread this and as a disclaimer. This is not me endorsing overdosing on sleeping meds. It's a really risky way of going. Yes, in theory if you take an extremely high dosage you probably will just fall asleep and not awake, but how high that dosage is going to be very difficult to determine. My advice, find a better alternative. The same goes with oding on sedatives of any kind. You risk seizures and comas for something which is unlikely to be a one attempt thing. Additionally, should your brain be deprived of oxygen long enough to cause permanent damage, this would essentially remove any scrap hope of a recovery since even if you decided to forgo cbt you would have a myriad of new health related problems. If you must do so, just do so with extreme caution and preparation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
They arguably are forbidden. All four are prescription drugs, likely for this individual who has either bipolar or schizoaffective but it's possible other things like very severe anxiety or depression. This individual isn't overdosing on over the counter meds, these are specifically prescribed for a specific disorder or disorders

Adding extra, there are over the counter sleeping meds which if you took say, 1000mg of zzzquil, odds are your gonna have a seizure and drop dead. When medication has use with high demand, they aren't gonna bother banning it, since it helps a significant amount more than it hurts. If someone does use it inappropriately, it's not the meds fault, and since it's not something that is niche, it won't be removed. Especially if it's already FDA.

I am not bipolar or schizoaffective, but I have been prescribed those medications. Medication treats symptoms rather than the illness. My doctors will write it on the label. Antipsychotics for insomnia; antidepressants for migraines; and anticonvulsants for ED.

Personally, I love Lamictal because it keeps me alert and relaxed without causing weight gain. A single dose (100 mg - 200 mg) of Lamictal on an empty stomach makes me extremely queasy. I ended up in the ER once because I couldn't stop throwing up.

Taking too much medication is overdosing, not suicide. To learn about this method, OP should read the PPH. Prescription drugs and alcohol can increase suicidal thoughts and reckless behavior, so abusing them is not advised. Allow yourself the opportunity to get better, rather than becoming increasingly ill.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Holu
Holu

Holu

Hypomania go brrr
Apr 5, 2023
I am not bipolar or schizoaffective, but I have been prescribed those medications. Medication treats symptoms rather than the illness. My doctors will write it on the label. Antipsychotics for insomnia; antidepressants for migraines; and anticonvulsants for ED.

Personally, I love Lamictal because it keeps me alert and relaxed without causing weight gain. A single dose (100 mg - 200 mg) of Lamictal on an empty stomach makes me extremely queasy. I ended up in the ER once because I couldn't stop throwing up.

Taking too much medication is overdosing, not suicide. To learn about this method, OP should read the PPH. Prescription drugs and alcohol can increase suicidal thoughts and reckless behavior, so abusing them is not advised. Allow yourself the opportunity to get better, rather than becoming increasingly ill.
Sometimes I forget GPs can prescribe typically disorder oriented medication. Psychiatrists usually do prescribe for disorders(illness) over symptoms, but it's not uncommon to prescribe multiple different meds to best deal with comorbidity.

And as I wrote in the follow up post, I strongly recommend against using sedatives or sleeping meds. I gave a good amount of reasons why. The point was more that you can still use high amounts of sedatives to ctb. If it's enough to slow your heart or breath, you will die of hypoxia.

Last edited:
Reactions: Little_Suzy, Praestat_Mori and BobSmoked
La Lorona

La Lorona

Aug 29, 2024
Sometimes I forget GPs can prescribe typically disorder oriented medication. Psychiatrists usually do prescribe for disorders(illness) over symptoms, but it's not uncommon to prescribe multiple different meds to best deal with comorbidity.

And as I wrote in the follow up post, I strongly recommend against using sedatives or sleeping meds. I gave a good amount of reasons why. The point was more that you can still use high amounts of sedatives to cbt. If it's enough to slow your heart or breath, you will die of hypoxia.
I tried it multiple times, but as you said, I am probably already imune to those meds since I have been taking them for 14 years. I need a more effective method, preferably something peacefull and painless that I can do in my bedroom. Any suggestions?

Holu

Holu

Hypomania go brrr
Apr 5, 2023
I tried it multiple times, but as you said, I am probably already imune to those meds since I have been taking them for 14 years. I need a more effective method, preferably something peacefull and painless that I can do in my bedroom. Any suggestions?
Something which sounds scary but when done properly is hanging. It would effectively achieve what your attempting with the medication(that being hypoxia) however it would be a little spookier during. It also doesn't require you to hang from a roof, look into partials. If you want to look for experiences with failed hangings, you can make posts or look through old ones(I saw something on testimonies). Aside from that you could try to get your hands on actual substances for death(SN or N), but worth mentioning those can also take multiple attempts. There is a megathread on suicide methods on this forum. I wish I could just give you a 3 second method but it's best to do research to figure out how to prepare and properly preform rather than wing it.

Reactions: La Lorona
La Lorona

La Lorona

Aug 29, 2024
Something which sounds scary but when done properly is hanging. It would effectively achieve what your attempting with the medication(that being hypoxia) however it would be a little spookier during. It also doesn't require you to hang from a roof, look into partials. If you want to look for experiences with failed hangings, you can make posts or look through old ones(I saw something on testimonies). Aside from that you could try to get your hands on actual substances for death(SN or N), but worth mentioning those can also take multiple attempts. There is a megathread on suicide methods on this forum. I wish I could just give you a 3 second method but it's best to do research to figure out how to prepare and properly preform rather than wing it.
I will resurch, thank you

• Hugs
Reactions: Holu
Holu

Holu

Hypomania go brrr
Apr 5, 2023
I will resurch, thank you
I hope things work out with whatever path you choose, not just in methods but if u decide to choose recovery. Hope you're doing okay, I can't imagine what you're experiencing after several failed attempts. Wishing the best for you, make sure that while you're researching you still take care of yourself. The goal is to end suffering not increase it, so if ur on an empty stomach consider eating and drinking. When you have decided and planned then you can fast etc. Best of luck to you

• Love
Reactions: La Lorona and Little_Suzy
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023

And as I wrote in the follow up post, I strongly recommend against using sedatives or sleeping meds. I gave a good amount of reasons why. The point was more that you can still use high amounts of sedatives to ctb. If it's enough to slow your heart or breath, you will die of hypoxia.

I agree with you and have upvoted your post. It is true that abusing medications is bad news for the many reasons you mentioned. It can also increase your chances of experiencing side effects such as suicidal ideation.

What if you were never suicidal and it was your pills causing the ideations? I did not abuse Wellbutrin, but I believe it contributed to my active suicidal period and anhedonia. For those interested in this method, the PPH has been linked, which includes the "pill cocktail recipes."

Reactions: Holu
Holu

Holu

Hypomania go brrr
Apr 5, 2023
I agree with you and have upvoted your post. It is true that abusing medications is bad news for the many reasons you mentioned. It can also increase your chances of experiencing side effects such as suicidal ideation.

What if you were never suicidal and it was your pills causing the ideations? I did not abuse Wellbutrin, but I believe it contributed to my active suicidal period and anhedonia. For those interested in this method, the PPH has been linked, which includes the "pill cocktail recipes."
Yupyup, medication, especially medication which increase norepinephrine, dopamine, or serotonin levels can conversely cause agitation, especially when taken in extreme dosages due to overstimulation caused by the reuptake inhibition. This in turn can make one more anxious, depressed, or suicidal.

As for the possibility that the meds are the cause of OPs ideation, assuming OP got their prescriptions from their psychiatrist and not their GP, I'd hope that any adverse affects would have been addressed in the subsequent follow up checkups, which are standard practice. They said they had been taking their medication for fourteen years, which unless their psychiatrist(or psychiatrists since it's such a long period) was inept or uncaring, likely would have been noticed during the checkups to approve for more medication or dosage changes. That isn't to say it's not possible or unlikely that the medication is the problem, since everyone experiences the meds somewhat uniquely and poor mental healthcare workers isn't unheard of. The system isn't perfect, but as with most things it tends to air on the side of caution, so given the decade long medication usage, assuming the psychiatrist is properly trained and involved in their work, id hope this isn't the cause of OPs problems.

Reactions: Little_Suzy
La Lorona

La Lorona

Aug 29, 2024
Yupyup, medication, especially medication which increase norepinephrine, dopamine, or serotonin levels can conversely cause agitation, especially when taken in extreme dosages due to overstimulation caused by the reuptake inhibition. This in turn can make one more anxious, depressed, or suicidal.

As for the possibility that the meds are the cause of OPs ideation, assuming OP got their prescriptions from their psychiatrist and not their GP, I'd hope that any adverse affects would have been addressed in the subsequent follow up checkups, which are standard practice. They said they had been taking their medication for fourteen years, which unless their psychiatrist(or psychiatrists since it's such a long period) was inept or uncaring, likely would have been noticed during the checkups to approve for more medication or dosage changes. That isn't to say it's not possible or unlikely that the medication is the problem, since everyone experiences the meds somewhat uniquely and poor mental healthcare workers isn't unheard of. The system isn't perfect, but as with most things it tends to air on the side of caution, so given the decade long medication usage, assuming the psychiatrist is properly trained and involved in their work, id hope this isn't the cause of OPs problems.
It's not because of medication, I feel suicidal for years, no metter if I am taking medication regularely as prescribed, or overdosing on them, or less then prescribed. It is despair deep inside me caused by my past and my mental illness (severe case of BPD)

Holu

Holu

Hypomania go brrr
Apr 5, 2023
It's not because of medication, I feel suicidal for years, no metter if I am taking medication regularely as prescribed, or overdosing on them, or less then prescribed. It is despair deep inside me caused by my past and my mental illness (severe case of BPD)
Ya I figured it's not meds. Also BPD was not expected lol, but antipsychotics can be prescribed, especially for more severe cases. I'm sorry for how your feeling, and I hope you do find what your looking for. You deserve peace from your suffering.

• Love
Reactions: La Lorona
La Lorona

La Lorona

Aug 29, 2024
Ya I figured it's not meds. Also BPD was not expected lol, but antipsychotics can be prescribed, especially for more severe cases. I'm sorry for how your feeling, and I hope you do find what your looking for. You deserve peace from your suffering.
BPD is hell. And it can be very tricky to find the right dose and combination of meds.

Holu

Holu

Hypomania go brrr
Apr 5, 2023
BPD is hell. And it can be very tricky to find the right dose and combination of meds.
Most disorders are like this unfortunately. The reason I made a separation being one's GP(general physician aka doctor) and psychiatrist is because unlike most medication for the body, the brain and psychological disorders are significantly less understood. It's never as easy as just giving a pill which corrects for one or a few things, as every brain and body responds differently, and when there are several complex factors involved, finding the right solution is like navigating a labyrinth. Perhaps in the future we will be able to ease such disorders at higher success rates with less complex solutions, but for now your kinda stuck in the era where we know enough to start, but nowhere near enough to finish.