• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

depressomartin.iis

depressomartin.iis

tired
Mar 22, 2023
Hi,

I've been searching for a realistic method to CTB for years now. I have a chronic illness living in pain every day which is making my live unbearable. I'm also Bipolar type 2 and seem to be a bit of a lost cause with treatments for these things..

Anyway I have attempted overdoses of amitriptyline and other meds i cant remember in the past 3 times. All unsuccessful (obviously) with the amitriptyline being the closest call.

I'm struggling with the idea of overdosing tablets because I had a surgery on my stomach last year which left me with some problems and I'm worried that will interfere with success.

Im scared of hanging because of the pain.

I just dont know what else to do. I guess like everyone else probably does, i just want a painless peaceful exit. Life has been pretty cruel so far. I've tried my hardest to give it a shot but its too hard to live in this much physical pain.

I hope anyone can help

Thanks everyone! X

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: lilohsuu, annointed_towers, Stormy Raine and 7 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
If you wish to read about methods then there is the suicide resource compilation on here, it really does sound so awful and tiring what you have to endure, I don't really think that overdosing on prescription pills/easily accessible medication is a reliable method anyway, sadly we exist in a world where suicide is made as difficult as possible for people. But anyway I hope that you eventually find the freedom you are searching for, it's cruel to me how suicide isn't much easier.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: garrypallister99, CTB Dream, AShipinthedark and 4 others
MiraiShisen

MiraiShisen

Student
Jun 15, 2023
I have chronic illness too and I live in pain. I have not been able to go outside for months am just lying in bed most of the day. My only option is hanging, and I have tried already and it was not that painfull, all you have to do is withstand like 10 second untill you are unconscious. I would reconsider hanging if I were you. IF you are not certain about chemical suicide then hanging is probably best option. You can check night-night method or tourniquet, which probably are not that painfull as full suspension. Partial suspension is also not too painfull, you have to put noose at the upper part of neck near jaw and on that place it is not as painfull as on or under adams apple. (Part where it hurts most is front)

Or you can drown yourself. I know that there is shallow water blackout you can use it to drown yourself. If you have firearm then you can end it by it.

• Hugs
Reactions: garrypallister99, CTB Dream, AShipinthedark and 3 others
PurpleVoid

PurpleVoid

There's nothing left for me, but I'm still here.
May 16, 2023
I'm bipolar 2 as well. I feel like that type is more resistant to treatment. Of course psychiatry as a whole has no idea what they're doing. They don't even know the cause of depression, or what exactly is happening in the brain. They just find drugs that work sometimes without knowing why, and prescribe them, because it's better than nothing. Anyway, end of sidetrack.

I live in an area where access to guns is unrestricted. I don't even need a permit to buy one. It's really the most reliable and "painless" way, but I understand if you can't get your hands on one, or can't afford to buy even a used one. People worry about the mess, but I've decided to find a somewhat off-the-beaten-path area in nature, send a delayed message or email to the authorities with my location, and then CTB. It's outside, so not as much of a mess. The first people to find me will hopefully be authorities and not family or random strangers.

I'd really caution against the night-night method (with the ratcheting strap and putting pressure on the arteries). I came across a thread here where someone talked about their failed CBT experience using that method, and others chimed in with similar experiences. In theory it seems like a great idea, but when done wrong you can end up alive with brain damage or it won't work at all.

• Hugs
Reactions: hopeisdead, CTB Dream, AShipinthedark and 2 others
MiraiShisen

MiraiShisen

Student
Jun 15, 2023
I'm bipolar 2 as well. I feel like that type is more resistant to treatment. Of course psychiatry as a whole has no idea what they're doing. They don't even know the cause of depression, or what exactly is happening in the brain. They just find drugs that work sometimes without knowing why, and prescribe them, because it's better than nothing. Anyway, end of sidetrack.

I live in an area where access to guns is unrestricted. I don't even need a permit to buy one. It's really the most reliable and "painless" way, but I understand if you can't get your hands on one, or can't afford to buy even a used one. People worry about the mess, but I've decided to find a somewhat off-the-beaten-path area in nature, send a delayed message or email to the authorities with my location, and then CTB. It's outside, so not as much of a mess. The first people to find me will hopefully be authorities and not family or random strangers.

I'd really caution against the night-night method (with the ratcheting strap and putting pressure on the arteries). I came across a thread here where someone talked about their failed CBT experience using that method, and others chimed in with similar experiences. In theory it seems like a great idea, but when done wrong you can end up alive with brain damage or it won't work at all.
I did not read much about night-night so I only know that it exist as a substitute method for hanging. But hanging is one of best method if you are poor like me, its pretty quick ( if done right) and cheap. Also quiet which is sometimes needed. But he can drown himself if hanging is painfull. Thats also cheap and do not require anything aside of water and knowledge.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: lonely_men23, PurpleVoid, CTB Dream and 2 others
N

NoFutureAnymore

Student
Jul 4, 2023
I prefer the inert gas with a SCBA/SCUBA setup.
As I understood it:
Pro's:
  • Painless;
  • High success rate according "Exit bag and inert gas megathread";
    • "Failures" were probably caused by low purity gas
  • No physical damages to your body;
  • No danger for the environment;
  • Materials are legal and everywhere available.
Con's:
  • Expensive;
  • Some technical knowledge required;
  • Sometimes long delivery times (especially SCBA setup);
  • You have to shave yourself (especially SCUBA).

• Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream, AShipinthedark, ThisIsLife and 1 other person
Huggs

Huggs

Wish for peace
Jul 6, 2023
I want to go with SN, but it's pretty much impossible to acquire. I've heard people in Europe have an easier time though so if you live there maybe it's an option. I would've gone with hanging but it seems like my carotid arteries are buried too deep.

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream and AShipinthedark
depressomartin.iis

depressomartin.iis

tired
Mar 22, 2023
I want to go with SN, but it's pretty much impossible to acquire. I've heard people in Europe have an easier time though so if you live there maybe it's an option. I would've gone with hanging but it seems like my carotid arteries are buried too deep.
What is SN? I'm in the Uk so could be an option

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream and AShipinthedark
AShipinthedark

AShipinthedark

*Explosion Noises*
Aug 1, 2023
This suggestion will do nothing for having a peaceful end, I would encourage you to try another method as this one is rather aggressive, but in a pinch, might work. I tried it because of the difficulty to abort, due to the nature of the material used. Granted, obviously, SI was stronger that day and I managed to abort, but I did mentally note how difficult it was to get out of, and were I not stopped from my second attempt, well I would not be sharing this with you.
Strangulation via Medical Bandage. Not the sticky kind, the rough brown stretchy kind, I think latex? Anyway when tied and pulled taught it can be almost impossible to remove. However, again it carries a high degree of failure, and is strangulation, so it is very uncomfortable.

Edit: Spelling and Grammar, my COMM systems are beginning to erode...

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Disabled. Hard talk, don't argue, make fun, etc
Sep 17, 2022
Mthod co mthod n2 also inert, this most rl cuz alws posbl get gas, only prblm need setup etc

N

NoFutureAnymore

Student
Jul 4, 2023
Mthod co mthod n2 also inert, this most rl cuz alws posbl get gas, only prblm need setup etc
CO is definitely not an inert gas like N2 and works completely different and the steps to ctb are also very different. Inert gas prevents you from inhaling O2 in and blows CO2 away which prevents you from getting the feeling of suffocation. CO on the other hand takes the place of O2 in the blood which prevents your blood from absorbing oxygen. They both have different risks so it's import to study them separately.

befree

befree

Time to do more enjoyable things _____Goodbye_____
Mar 22, 2022
Inert gas prevents you from inhaling O2 in and blows CO2 away which prevents you from getting the feeling of suffocation.
Yes, in the best case. But it depends on the used inert gas method.
with the amitriptyline being the closest call