A

AllOfTheColours

Mar 28, 2023
Hey guys, I am new here and I wanted to share a bit tonight.
My whole life I am trying to keep my head up high. After a violent youth I tried to make something out of my life. 2 years ago I thought I had it a little under control. I had a nice job, nearly finished my bachelor study and it looked life was a little easier.
Then my sister CTB, and a lot of secrets and trauma's came up. I am struggling since then. Every time I have a few good days something goes really wrong and I very down again. Every time that happened in my life I (eventually) stood up again, but I am getting weaker. It's getting harder to get up and the hope it will be better for a longer period is fading. Today is such a day. I hate how hard life is, while I see others just dancing through it.

How do you guys keep your hope up?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deathisbetter, composingthefuture, lukas19 and 3 others
Sulyya

Sulyya

Synergist
Mar 6, 2023
Even people dancing through it have struggles they don't share. You're sharing here which is great. There will always be bad days, past things won't change, and you won't forget them - but you will manage better over time and can build good things in your life.

Reactions: Deathisbetter
guayabas

guayabas

Student
Mar 19, 2023
I'm so sorry for your loss <3 My hope comes and goes. It was almost gone a few hours ago. Now I'm back to okish. my meds help a lot. not thinking too far into the future helps a lot. when I had a support system that helped a lot. talking to ppl here helps keep me distracted when I'm having a hard time. I have my first therapy session tomorrow so that's helping. I applied for some extra resources and I'm hopeful that will change my situation in the future. I'm just trying to find every moment of relief or enjoyment I can have between now and then. My biggest issue is my roommate/bf atm. This weekend was hard bc he was home all day everyday. But he's at work again today so that helped me realize I do have moments of relief, and I can look forward to those when I'm having a hard time. I hope you can find hope again soon

Galileo3630

Galileo3630

Tsundere
Mar 22, 2023
I am sorry to hear that you are going through a difficult time. It takes a lot of courage to open up about your struggles, and I commend you for reaching out. Dealing with trauma and loss can be an incredibly challenging experience, and it's important to remember that healing is not always a straightforward process. It's okay to feel like you're taking two steps forward and one step back, as long as you're still moving forward.

It seems like you have been through a lot, and it's natural to feel like you're struggling more than others. However, it's important to keep in mind that everyone has their own challenges and battles to fight, even if they don't show it on the surface. Comparing yourself to others can be harmful to your mental wellbeing, so it's best to focus on your own progress and journey.

Have you considered seeking professional help? Therapy can be a valuable resource for processing trauma and managing difficult emotions. Additionally, having a support system of trusted individuals can be immensely helpful during times of hardship.

Remember that healing is a gradual process that takes time and patience. It's okay to take things one day at a time and acknowledge the progress you've made so far. You've shown resilience and strength in the past, and you can continue to do so in the future. Don't hesitate to reach out for help when you need it, and always remember to be kind to yourself.