Joey

Joey

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2020
It's been 18 years since I've lost my Mom to Suicide. I was only 8 and she was 35.. It makes me wonder what could've been..

It's weird that I still remember her funeral like it was yesterday and the sweet smell of roses. No matter what kind of beautiful flower smell that I'll experience, it'll make me think of that day..

I don't know if there's an afterlife or not but it sucks that it's possible that I won't be able to see her ever again in this life and maybe even worse...just straight up not happening because of not existing afterwards.

If she is out there somewhere, I won't let her down. I'll always love her.

February 8, 1967 - May 16, 2002

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Fehler, DeadButDreaming, A Desperate Fool and 13 others
B

blvck

May 12, 2018
I don't want to sound preachy, in case you aren't into it, but God promises in the Bible that in the near future, He will bring an end to sickness (mental and physical) and death (Revelation 21:3, 4), resurrect those that have died to life on a paradisaic Earth(Acts 24:15), and make it so that no one ever has to die again. Except in that time the world will be the opposite of what it is now. No wars, no crime, social issues, evil people, etc. (Psalms 37:29). He understands that we are struggling in this world and promises to undo everything bad that has made us into the depressed people we are now...sigh. We won't even be able to remember the traumatic things that have happened to us. (Isaiah 65:17) Life in that world will be as He originally intended before Adam and Eve messed it up for all of us: happiness, perfect health, no struggles ever, and unending life for all eternity. And all in a paradise (perfect weather, perfect biome, perfect everything).He originally created us to live forever, and has "put eternity into our hearts. " (Ecclesiastes 3:11). Think about it. Humans only use a very small percentage of our brain before we die, even if we live to be a hundred. So what in the world is the rest of the brain doing there? Just taking up space? No... because we were meant to keep on living, not die.
That's why no one really *wants* to die. None of us here really want to stop living, we just want to escape the problems and the pain. I don't know where all of this came from, I only meant to say a few words, but I just wanted to share something comforting to you. This book may be over 2000 years old, but somehow it has survived and is the most circulated around the world. If you ask me, I don't think that's a coincidence, God must be trying to tell us something. He tells us how the world, how WE got to be in this state, why all these bad things keep happening to us, and how he is providing the way out for all of us. I really do believe this and it gives me hope. He understands what we are going through and wants to help us. I just wish i wasn't so messed up in the head, maybe I could actually figure out my life and make the right choices, so that I can be there and see my dead loved ones again. sighs...Anyways, I'm really sorry about your mom, man

Reactions: Black Sky, JustAMatterOfTime and Joey