LossOfWill

LossOfWill

Lowpoly Heaven
Dec 24, 2020
nothing has the same wonder anymore. Not video games, movies, holidays, or even my birthday. My family stopped really putting decorations up for holidays a while ago and I miss it. I miss so much from my childhood. I wish I was sitting in my parents room playing spyro 2 on a small of crt TV on their tall dresser. I wish it was Christmas and waking up at 5 am to see what Santa left. My happiest days are done and gone and the onlything I feel is keeping me here are video games. Just distracting myself at this point..

I'll feel better, I usually do, but I think this'll always be something that makes me sad.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Pluto, Message In A Bottle, TheSoulless and 12 others
D

Deleted member 23885

Experienced
Nov 18, 2020
@Skybox, I hope you feel better in the future. Life is never easy, but SS is here for you!

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, LossOfWill and death137
fent_dnm27

fent_dnm27

Jan 8, 2021
Wish I knew what that was like! My childhood was just a wellspring of trauma and abuse.

I don't think i'll ever understand how the self-contained, limited worlds created by humans (like in films, manga, or video games) could overshadow the limitless beauty and majesty of the universe.

Humans tend to suck, but the world is still pretty damn amazing.

• Hugs
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, LossOfWill and death137
S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
I wish I was sitting in my parents room playing spyro 2 on a small of crt TV on their tall dresser
That's... like my favorite childhood game, it's too early for these feels. :hug:

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, zer05mdy, LossOfWill and 1 other person
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
I also miss my childhood. I just want to be 8 or 9 again.

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha and LossOfWill
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
My actual childhood sucked for the most part. I suspect this is why I set it upon myself to extend my childhood as long as I could which for me was when I was 12-22 years old...

Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
I don't. Childhood isn't magical at all, it's also depressing as hell.

• Hugs
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Me too , like this song....

Reactions: LossOfWill
zer05mdy

zer05mdy

Cemetery Drive
Jun 6, 2019
I feel this. I mostly miss my early teen years. I don't miss the childhood trauma but I miss when I didn't have nearly as many responsibilities and weight to carry on my back while being mentally ill. As I get older and have to pay bills, finish undergrad, etc. it's impossible not to feel like I'm being crushed by this overwhelming feeling that no matter how hard I try I will never get better or live a productive, fulfilling life like everyone around me. I feel guilty and ashamed for not being able to handle much more than I could as a teen.

Throwawaysoul

Throwawaysoul

Mage
May 14, 2018
I miss being a child. Having an imagination, being carefree.

Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
I like being a young adult and wish I could be one forever.

The thought of my body slowly deteriorating fills me with horror.

• Hugs
Reactions: Message In A Bottle, rabbitlinnt10, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 2 others
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
I like being a young adult and wish I could be one forever.

The thought of my body slowly deteriorating fills me with horror.
Well it's supposed to slowly deteriorate only after 30 so you still have time :hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: rabbitlinnt10 and KuriGohan&Kamehameha
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

ęƒ³ę­»äøčƒ½ - ęƒ³ę“»äøčƒ½
Nov 23, 2020
Despite having lots of childhood trauma, my childhood was certainly much better than my life now. Less responsibilities and stress. Less crushing revelations.

The structure of going to school everyday, coming home, doing homework and playing games, is something I will never have again in adult life. Things are chaotic and disorganised rather than formulaic and stable. University makes me want to pull my hair out.

I have dreams quite often of being 15/16 again and living with my Foster family. Even though I was suffering greatly when it came to my mental state due to the aftermath of my molestation, there were these brief moments of reprieve where I felt at peace, and happy.

Playing 007 on the Nintendo 64 with my Foster siblings in the cozy little wooden rooms of the house, walking in the woods together after school and staking out trails, exploring, making fire pits and roasting things over the flames, having lunch at school with friends (not even a thought in my mind that I'd never see them again after graduation day)

Remembering how much better things were just makes me so sad. I want it back.

• Love
Reactions: TheGoodGuy, Pluto, Sakura94 and 1 other person
LossOfWill

LossOfWill

Lowpoly Heaven
Dec 24, 2020
Despite having lots of childhood trauma, my childhood was certainly much better than my life now. Less responsibilities and stress. Less crushing revelations.

The structure of going to school everyday, coming home, doing homework and playing games, is something I will never have again in adult life. Things are chaotic and disorganised rather than formulaic and stable. University makes me want to pull my hair out.

I have dreams quite often of being 15/16 again and living with my Foster family. Even though I was suffering greatly when it came to my mental state due to the aftermath of my molestation, there were these brief moments of reprieve where I felt at peace, and happy.

Playing 007 on the Nintendo 64 with my Foster siblings in the cozy little wooden rooms of the house, walking in the woods together after school and staking out trails, exploring, making fire pits and roasting things over the flames, having lunch at school with friends (not even a thought in my mind that I'd never see them again after graduation day)

Remembering how much better things were just makes me so sad. I want it back.
That's exactly how I feel, I went through emotional abuse by my mom but I still miss the safe schedule of school/ home life.

• Love
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha
PrincessInWhite

PrincessInWhite

I just want to sell out my funeral
Feb 21, 2019
nothing has the same wonder anymore. Not video games, movies, holidays, or even my birthday. My family stopped really putting decorations up for holidays a while ago and I miss it. I miss so much from my childhood. I wish I was sitting in my parents room playing spyro 2 on a small of crt TV on their tall dresser. I wish it was Christmas and waking up at 5 am to see what Santa left. My happiest days are done and gone and the onlything I feel is keeping me here are video games. Just distracting myself at this point..

I'll feel better, I usually do, but I think this'll always be something that makes me sad.

I know this thread is old but WOW does this hit home!!!! if anyone else struggles with feelings like this please message me, I could really use someone to talk to about this!!

• Love
Reactions: TheGoodGuy and rabbitlinnt10
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable šŸ’” Rest in peace CommitSudoku šŸ¤
Mar 11, 2022
I can't relate. My childhood was a nightmare.

• Hugs
Reactions: rabbitlinnt10
rabbitlinnt10

rabbitlinnt10

my life is a clown show šŸ¤”
Mar 29, 2022
my childhood was so bittersweet honestly, i wish I could go back to being innocent and wholesome, I rly wish I was wholesome. Wholesome people in general are the most beautiful people and stable to be around. miss watching Disney movies casually to bed, and playing games on my ps2/ps3, enjoying my old favourite cartoons, trying to fit on cool ass fun rides at the park and riding parks around dangerous areas with all my childhood school friends again

I don't enjoy any of that shit now obviously and "pros" rly wasn't my life or hobbies as a child but my brain not being developed and not having such high expectations. My life lives on nostalgia, my peak was 15 lmao šŸ’€sad

Reactions: TheGoodGuy
T

treetop.grazer

Student
Jan 11, 2022
I think this every damn day, being a kid was so fu*#n great, out with your friends every day (back by the time it got dark of course, those were the rules), making dens, playing in the rivers, smashing each other's scores on whatever speccy or c64 game we were into at the time (yes , I'm an oldie). Not a care in the world, yes, being an adult , having disposable income is great, but all the hassle and responsibilities of work and parenthood soon mount up. Elon needs to build us all a time machine.

Message In A Bottle

Message In A Bottle

šŸ“œ Just me, myself, and I
Apr 1, 2022
life was perfect till we moved away from all the things I loved as a kid. The peak of my life was certainly age 1-11. After we moved when I was 8, that's when life started to slowly go downhill.

I think that's why I'm so attached to my old childhood home - It's when life had meaning to it.

• Love
Krieger

Krieger

yeah
Apr 16, 2022
I miss being a child too. Life was bliss, I had a lot of friends and went on adventures every day. I have so many good memories of running around outside or playing video games and think about those times a lot. Now I'm a recluse with severe OCD and anxiety whose best friend is the computer. I had some bad experiences during childhood that caused trauma but still 95% of my youth was wonderful. I wish I could go back in time...

• Aww..
Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
Old fairytales show that childhood isn't great either. People like us are privileged to have had an interesting childhood but it's a modern phenomena.

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
I definitely lost something indescribable in childhood, and am doomed to eternally search for something that has already gone.