• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Like most people on here, I view romantic love - or any love at all, really - through a very cynical lens. Today though, I heard something that really took me aback. One of my professors has stayed with his wife for around 30 years after she came down with a major illness and became bedridden. No kids. No going out for long periods without some major logistical issues. A caretaker to a grown adult for the rest of your life, decade after decade.

You just don't hear stuff like that all the time. If that's not true love, I don't know what is.

Obviously, I am really sad for him but also very impressed. It's amazing how people can be there for each other. Not sure if that's depressing or uplifting or what, but I thought it worth mentioning.

Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
Cynical indeed. Love would be a great agenda. Very rarely the case.
Makes me ask the question what is the difference between guilt and loyalty if the result is the same?
The intention I guess but that brings little comfort.

The most heart validated form of love is self sacrifice. Your proffesor has that part down pat.
They either had a very deep connection that he will not betray or something else keeping him there. Hard to say.

P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
that's beautiful.

having someone who will unconditionally love you? they don't view you as broken, see past your flaws and your hardship because they recognize a human being that they care deeply about and love.

my relationships usually fall apart when the person gets too close and sees just how broken i am. it becomes too much for the other person and i don't blame them.

but, i can only imagine having someone like this in my life, who sees through my brokenness and found something good enough to want to stay. i feel like it would keep me whole and sane.

unfortunately, it's rare.