E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
This site has saved lives as well. But you don't hear about that.
I wouldn't be surprised if this site has contributed to a net decrease of suffering in the world, whether because people have found solutions to their problems here, or relief from being able to express themselves freely, or just because they were able to find a quick and dignified way to ctb.

Yet there are campaigns to shut it down because it 'targets' vulnerable people, who are just its 'victims'.

No, the people who come here do so freely and because they have nowhere else to turn, and are the victims of society/political decisions/abuse/trauma/human malevolence/the unfairness of life.

A site like this shouldn't have to exist. If societies were founded upon truly rational, egalitarian, compassionate, libertarian ideals, not irrational dogma, profit, authoritarianism, illiberalism, hierarchical regimes of power, this site wouldn't get any visitors.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Spitfire, Ren Elsie Jewelria and 3 others
I

I'm exhausted

Living in constant fear. I need cats!!
Jul 12, 2019
What they do not seem to understand is that people join this forum, because it is the only place where a person can talk about their problems without being judged or berated. If this community gets shut down it will likely make the people in it even more suicidal. If they wish for suicidal individuals to "get help" then they should focus on creating an environment where someone, anyone can really open up and express how they feel. Secondly: they should address the reasons for why someone may want to end their lives in the first place.
I agree. I've been on this site since early last year and many times I wanted to end my life. But seeing how this is anonymous and knowing others who are going through similar things it's easier to talk about your problems without feeling pressured or judged. The fact that you can post and browse and reply at your convenience is also valuable. I've used the suicide hotline, few different ones and I've come to realize they don't care. They don't have real solutions and make me feel bad about thinking of leaving without really caring to understand my situation. Because they are eager to get you off asap. And if you don't respond because you're secretly crying they hang up without asking if I'm still there or why I'm silent or if I'm okay. As I said before I've come here many times but I've been able to some how live up until now because the fact that I know death is an option albeit permanent makes me think clearly again about my dreams, goals and purpose in life and evaluate whether it's really worth it. Just giving me that safe, supportive space to think clearly whether I chose to go on with it or not is invaluable. I don't feel rushed, pressured, and for the most part judged being here.
There was a girl charged for her boyfriend's suicide because she encouraged him that he can do it when he was on fence via text. But while they say suicide is selfish they are selfish for wanting us to live in pain with no solutions just so they don't feel bad. Who's selfish now?
I'm writing this after a meltdown and choking myself. First time in a long time to choke myself but I felt alone and scared but soon remembered about this site and the people who were supportive and sympathetic towards me and my problems. It made me feel less lonely, less fearful of people and accepted. There was something else but I forgot. One of my fears. But it's okay because I'm just a human.
We all have to be careful of our actions but I'm grateful for this site. Thank you Sanctioned Suicide.
I agree. I've been on this site since early last year and many times I wanted to end my life. But seeing how this is anonymous and knowing others who are going through similar things it's easier to talk about your problems without feeling pressured or judged. The fact that you can post and browse and reply at your convenience is also valuable. I've used the suicide hotline, few different ones and I've come to realize they don't care. They don't have real solutions and make me feel bad about thinking of leaving without really caring to understand my situation. Because they are eager to get you off asap. And if you don't respond because you're secretly crying they hang up without asking if I'm still there or why I'm silent or if I'm okay. As I said before I've come here many times but I've been able to some how live up until now because the fact that I know death is an option albeit permanent makes me think clearly again about my dreams, goals and purpose in life and evaluate whether it's really worth it. Just giving me that safe, supportive space to think clearly whether I chose to go on with it or not is invaluable. I don't feel rushed, pressured, and for the most part judged being here.
There was a girl charged for her boyfriend's suicide because she encouraged him that he can do it when he was on fence via text. But while they say suicide is selfish they are selfish for wanting us to live in pain with no solutions just so they don't feel bad. Who's selfish now?
I'm writing this after a meltdown and choking myself. First time in a long time to choke myself but I felt alone and scared but soon remembered about this site and the people who were supportive and sympathetic towards me and my problems. It made me feel less lonely, less fearful of people and accepted. There was something else but I forgot. One of my fears. But it's okay because I'm just a human.
We all have to be careful of our actions but I'm grateful for this site. Thank you Sanctioned Suicide.
This is almost like a lifeline for me. Now in a few weeks I will be moving to start a new healing life. No not a medical treatment-been mocked and denied for 7+ years so I've given up but I found my dream job. My purpose in life. To rescue and care for animals on a sanctuary. My inspiration and light to keep going and during my darkest days, SS, while others have let me down, you were always here. I'm grateful for having found this site.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Spitfire, Sprite_Geist, Meditation guide and 1 other person

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
I agree with bipolarguy that it's an ethical issue, but I don't think that means there has to therefore be a universally agreed-upon set of moral rules around ctb.
Ethics isn't necessarily about imposing a set of collectively-decided-upon rules on people, but also about thinking through moral dilemmas and problems philosophically.
According to many normative ethical systems, encouraging someone to ctb could be considered morally problematic at the very least.
I also think there's a difference between encouraging and helping. Encouraging is much more morally problematic and a bit of a fuzzy term, and can come down to how someone interprets a specific set of words put together in a certain way.
In some circumstances though, helping someone to ctb can be morally justified from a utilitarian, individualist or moral particularist perspective.
I guess I have to be familiar with those normative ethical systems to find out how it's an ethical issue, but I'm not well-versed in ethics and don't know much about their systems. What I'm saying is that it's still not clear to me how it's not ethical according to many systems (except maybe utilitarian, can't have happiness if I'm dead), though you've provided with... the points of puncture. I understand that some questions may require a lot of effort to answer, and that some people here won't feel like going into a very detailed answer. I'm not very motivated to learn more about it myself. Enough to ask some questions and google a bit, but not enough to google thoroughly.

Reactions: esse_est_percipi
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
it's still not clear to me how it's not ethical according to many systems (except maybe utilitarian, can't have happiness if I'm dead)
Utilitarianism isn't just about promoting happiness/wellbeing, but also about eliminating meaningless suffering. If someone is suffering or their quality of life is not good and ending it is either according to their will (or if it's someone in a vegetative coma according to the will of their family), then a utilitarian could say that it's moral to end that life or help to end it. According to utilitarianism, there is nothing inherently wrong with killing, it all depends on the circumstances and predicting happiness/suffering outcome ratios (there are many thought experiments in ethics designed to see what we would do in moral dilemmas according to various systems like utilitarianism, e.g. see the 'trolley problem'.)

The big rival to utilitarianism is deontology (from greek 'deon' = duty), which is strictly rule-based and not concerned with consequences or promoting happiness, but with upholding inviolable principles and doing one's duty (i.e. to uphold the 'sanctity of life' (conveniently only applicable to humans) principle). Most religions have deontological ethics, such as divine command theory. Deontological reasoning results in an opposing answer (to utilitarianism) to the trolley problem.

I would argue that almost all prohibitions and dogmatic rules around suicide and euthanasia/abortion have their roots in religious deontology, or are subconscious cultural residues of these religious dogmas.

Last edited:
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, FuneralCry, 262653 and 1 other person
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
t I found my dream job. My purpose in life. To rescue and care for animals on a sanctuary.
That's one of my dream jobs too. I actually spent time rescuing hurt animals I found when I had my own house with lots of wildlife around it. I've dreamed about spending my life rescuing animals too. I get very emotional sometimes however about them.

• Love
Reactions: nitroautnz, I'm exhausted, Pharmaruined and 2 others
L

Life_is_comedy

Sep 14, 2020
How do we know where someone lives?
IP address, the ISP and then looking at the IP address of the subscriber in which it is assigned to. People like to think the internet is the last bastion of freedom but everything can actually be tracked and traced to you if you don't cover your steps.

Reactions: Ren Elsie Jewelria
Ren Elsie Jewelria

Ren Elsie Jewelria

I sneezed!
Aug 30, 2020
IP address, the ISP and then looking at the IP address of the subscriber in which it is assigned to. People like to think the internet is the last bastion of freedom but everything can actually be tracked and traced to you if you don't cover your steps.

Tor FTW...
It'd be awesome if there was like a clone of this website in Darknet.

P

Pharmaruined

Nobody gets out alive
Sep 10, 2020
I kinda of feel people are going backward on the topic rather than forward. I don't think we are becoming more enlightened or have any more sympathy for those who are mentally or physically ill. At least in the U.K. I don't see assisted suicide ever becoming legal.

Most definitely, and just think when they figure out how to merge man with machine? the billionaires are definitely working on this, they want to be our gods and trapped in the matrix forever

Reactions: mediocre, 262653 and esse_est_percipi
Eren

Eren

Si hablas español mándame un MP
Oct 27, 2018
No but as I read the UK law on this it sounded as if simply describing a method in a manner that would be explaining it to someone who was suicidal would be enough.
I like to be cautious. So it's up to each of us how we want to handle this. I just thought I would post this in case there are others like me who are paranoid about this.

I am also paranoid about this, I have tried not to give information, to give details about how ctb would be in a "gray line" in terms of legality.

E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
Most definitely, and just think when they figure out how to merge man with machine? the billionaires are definitely working on this, they want to be our gods and trapped in the matrix forever
yes, they want to eventually merge us with machines with chips and brain implants to gain total control over populations, and they are also working on eliminating the mechanisms of ageing (i.e. the sinister 'strategies for engineered negligible senescence' SENS project) so that they will have an unlimited supply of immortal slave cyborgs hooked up to cyberspace 24/7, at their disposal. smh

Reactions: Pharmaruined
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
We have a group of recently joined pro lifers.

• Aww..
Reactions: glitchgirl and nitroautnz
P

Pharmaruined

Nobody gets out alive
Sep 10, 2020
yes, they want to eventually merge us with machines with chips and brain implants to gain total control over populations, and they are also working on eliminating the mechanisms of ageing (i.e. the sinister 'strategies for engineered negligible senescence' SENS project) so that they will have an unlimited supply of immortal slave cyborgs hooked up to cyberspace 24/7, at their disposal. smh

I know, and just think, advanced life before us (aliens ) have already done this.. there are so many middle layers within the matrix.. it's insane.. better be ready when you're about to ctb.. the trick is to get out fully.. stay in the ether..
I encourage everyone to Google soul revocations contracts.. proclaim your sovereignty. It may sound silly but it can't hurt to take precautions.

• Love
Reactions: 262653, Meditation guide and esse_est_percipi
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020

If you remember the fear that you forgot, and wish to expand on your problems, then feel free to make a post about it and vent. You are always welcome.

You have put it well. They never consider the other side, or what someone else is experiencing. It is ironic that those who say suicide is selfish always want to make it about themselves. They do not see a suicidal individual as a human in pain; the suicidal person is only an inconvenience to them.

Another factor they do not consider is that in some situations it is people like themselves who actually push others into suicide - like the girl you mentioned. So rather than labelling suicide as "selfish" they should look at the selfishness around the said suicidal person and inside their own mind too, and attack that instead - the bullying, abuse, lack of support and so on.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, I'm exhausted and Meditation guide
clayp

clayp

Student
Sep 24, 2020
I have run across a few articles about how some would like to shut this site down. I've found so much comfort here after never having a welcoming place to talk about this taboo subject.

So with that in mind I want to let people know there are laws in some places that forbid any form of helping encouraging or assisting suicide.
That includes even if you don't know the person. So be careful of how much information you give out. It's probably best not to give out specific information on methods although the laws vary from place to place on this. Know the laws in your area. Be careful of what you talk about.
This is serious.

The UK for example has some very strict sounding laws about what could be considered helping or assisting suicide. I'm not sure how these are enforced and I'm not a legal expert but just do not be naive about this.

Also be careful when or if you discuss anything illegal such as drugs. It would be pretty easy to set up a sting operation it seems to me. You don't know who you are really talking to here.
I just had a user have a go at me for me liking someone's posts. I thought we were allowed to like posts. I'm very confused and even afraid of posting something now.

• Aww..
Reactions: nitroautnz and Meditation guide
I

I'm exhausted

Jul 12, 2019
That's one of my dream jobs too. I actually spent time rescuing hurt animals I found when I had my own house with lots of wildlife around it. I've dreamed about spending my life rescuing animals too. I get very emotional sometimes however about them.
Me too! I cry when I read these stories to sign petitions. I'm an animal advocate and it's hard to swallow. I can't imagine how anyone could be so malicious- which makes me fearful and not trust people. It breaks my heart so much. I still cry every time I think about the time I had to put my first cat to sleep 20 years ago due to cancer. She was old and couldn't go under the knife again. I have a lot of ideas that will help animals too. The sanctuary owner and I share the same sentiment about animals first. He's building a waterfountain just so animals have something pretty to look at and plays classical music for them. He has adoption centers but very picky about who gets to as It which is amazing because I hear so many hurt animals going to wrong people and hurt more or returned. He has rescued many animals and I saw a deer on his property because there's a forest behind the sanctuary. I would love to connect with you and talk more. I need more friends who love animals just as much.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meditation guide
I

I'm exhausted

Jul 12, 2019
If you remember the fear that you forgot, and wish to expand on your problems, then feel free to make a post about it and vent. You are always welcome.

Thank you so much. I have what they call a doubters disease (OCD) and one of my fears is forgetting things. Also making mistakes, dropping and losing so pretty much being careless and I feel I've forgotten something important that could have helped in whatever conversation I was having.

I agree with your irony. We don't force out views onto them so why should they? Often those are the ones that have a loving family, I'm not saying all but most are so they can't see what it's like to not have that loving supportive people and being homeless with 12 mental diagnoses. Give or take. I have friends who "care" but how can you trust them when they think you're a burden and talk about you behind your back and talk about my illnesses when they don't try to understand what they are. I guess I shouldn't care what others say about you because it only hurts you and there are nice people who say nice things but I tend to focus on the negative and yes people will say whatever but i feel like it's a testament to my character. That it must be true. Then again I'm a burden to myself so I don't expect others to not feel that way but I've met a friend through social media and we have similar fears and diagnoses and she has been very supportive and showed me more love and how it's unconditional and that I'm not a burden. I wish to meet her one day but she's on the other side of the country. But I'm really grateful to have met her and people who are caring and sympatheric as you are. It really means a lot to be heard and not dismissed. Maybe I'm just too emotional but I really am happy to be able to talk to you. The world is such a scary place but some people here have helped restore faith in humanity for being kind to a stranger like me when I'm not feeled loved and worthy in real life. When my "friend" tells me "I love you" I don't believe it. I don't even love myself but I just don't trust that friend and when I say it back out of obligation and feeling guilt if I don't, they're like empty words. We need to stop glorifying or stigmatize mental illneses , stop the mockery and degrading hurtful words, stop making suicide a taboo etc because clearly they know it's a problem so make the treatments more affordable. The ones that actually work and not a cookie cutter and make it so that the world is accepting enough we feel safe to open up about our issues like hiring doctors who actually care and are compassionate and not make you cry because they only know textbook diagnoses. It's true those who went through understand what others are going through thus being more compassionate. But what sucks is how people take advantage and pretend to be vulnerable to get sympathy but then again they have issues too. I just hate when people compare my hardships to theirs or of the others saying there are people having it a lot worse. Fine then I must be that person to someone else so where does it begin and where does it end? Bring me the most unfortunate person in the world then. You can't. Because it's endless. Sure I hate when my ex roommate was saying how his life is complicated and stressed out because he couldn't figure out how to work an app meanwhile I'm stuck in bed and him touching me while I was asleep triggered my PTSD. That really pissed me the F off. I wish ignorant people can live my life for one day to understand the gravity of the situation and not even just mine but others who are suffering in pain so much so that suicide is a better idea than keep living. That it's a possible option. If it's so bad then fix it. Of course no one wants to die, I hope, but to understand the gravity of making that statement should be an eye opener. I just lost my train of thought. This is my fear. What if it was something important but I just have to let it go and be okay and sit with this anxiety that makes me want to pull my hair out or choke myself. It's really sad because people judge you from what they see and what they "know". A jerk sent me two videos thinking they were funny. One was of a cat almost getting run over by a truck which made me block him for good. It's funny because he kept pursuing me yet didn't care to remember that I have OCD and other diagnoses and love animals. That's why I don't trust doctors. Anyway the other was of a comedian mocking my illness so I wrote to him about it. There's so many people suffering yet the amount of misinformation out there is appalling.

Reactions: GoneGoneGone, Sprite_Geist and Spitfire
T

timeisnigh

No kill like overkill
Jul 30, 2020
yeah, I want to kill myself because of all the cucked laws out there

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
I agree with your irony. We don't force out views onto them so why should they? Often those are the ones that have a loving family, I'm not saying all but most are so they can't see what it's like to not have that loving supportive people and being homeless with 12 mental diagnoses. Give or take.

People sometimes only see what they wish to see. We judge others through the lense of our own experiences; mapping our thoughts onto reality. For example: if an individual has many loved ones then that same person may think that everyone else must have loves ones too, because that is all they know and nothing different. Combine this with the rhetoric that "Life is Perfect and Beautiful", which is hammered into us by society, and the outcome is a very ignorant mindset. It makes it impossible to conceive the thought that anyone else around us is suffering.

This is not to say that life is unenjoyable or that it is not worthwhile. At the same time though that beauty can get overshadowed by the roughness, and for some it becomes unbearable.

I have friends who "care" but how can you trust them when they think you're a burden and talk about you behind your back and talk about my illnesses when they don't try to understand what they are. I guess I shouldn't care what others say about you because it only hurts you and there are nice people who say nice things but I tend to focus on the negative and yes people will say whatever but i feel like it's a testament to my character.

When you say that your friends "think" you are a burden have they actually said anything along those lines? When you say that they talk about you behind your back what is it that they say - is it anything malicious? While it is not completely fair to make assumptions - if someone is being mean-spirited toward you then they are not your friend.

Also there is nothing wrong with caring about the way others talk about, or toward you. It is a normal and justified reaction to be upset if somebody else mistreats you; considering that any unwarranted comments against you can affect your interactions with others that you meet. If one individual slanders you then others may believe it; leading to "cliquey" behaviour which in turn develops into bullying.

I just hate when people compare my hardships to theirs or of the others saying there are people having it a lot worse. Fine then I must be that person to someone else so where does it begin and where does it end? Bring me the most unfortunate person in the world then. You can't. Because it's endless.

You have put it very well. Pain is indiscriminate - it can affect anyone regardless of status, bank balance, career path, gender or anything else. Since you cannot bring forward the most unfortunate person in the world, like you have said, then that also means there is no "most fortunate person" either; which invalidates the argument that you should not complain because you have it better than anyone else.

All of the love and money in the world will not matter once you have reached your threshold.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game and GoneGoneGone