• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

K

KafkaF

Taking a break from the website.
Nov 18, 2023
I was scrolling through Instagram just now and there was this post which had the sentence "The world is a better place with you in it" in the post. And I literally had to laugh at that.

Idk, it's just such a silly idea to me. I just find it funny.

Only thing that makes me think is "You clearly don't know me."

These kinds of messages just never land in the slightest with me. In fact, it's the opposite. All those make me do is contradict them and remind me of how me being dead will not affect the world in the slightest. If anything, I think the world would be a slightly better place without me in it. Just slightly though, as I'm really not that important to anyone. Not even really important or impactful enough to make much worse.

Not that it matters anyway. Whether the world is a better, the same or worse place with me in it, I don't care. I lost the person I love most in the world and now I just want to die. It's the only way I can make the pain stop.

U

unabletocope

Arcanist
Mar 13, 2024
It's interesting, you can reframe 'the world Is a better place with you in it' to 'your world is a better place when you have people you can feel better than/sneer at in it'

Reactions: reclaimedbynature
I

iloverachel

Warlock
Mar 7, 2024
I think with people who make those quotes, their intentions are good and they are trying to make you feel better
But I completely agree the statement is a bit strange since they don't know who we are. I mean a murderer could be reading that quote

Reactions: Forveleth
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
That kind of toxic positivity is irritating and cringe to me personally, it's really just empty words. Those people who force their toxic positivity drivel onto people they don't know and make statements about them in such a way really are annoying.

Felodese

Felodese

Mar 31, 2024
That kind of toxic positivity is irritating and cringe to me personally, it's really just empty words. Those people who force their toxic positivity drivel onto people they don't know and make statements about them in such a way really are annoying.
Agreed. It's just fucking annoying and at this point I kind of want to punch people who say or post stuff like that.

giphy.gif

F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
I think with people who make those quotes, their intentions are good and they are trying to make you feel better
But I completely agree the statement is a bit strange since they don't know who we are. I mean a murderer could be reading that quote
I broke a friend one time when I saw one of those posts and said "What if a serial killer reads this?" They laughed for a good 10 minutes. Great minds. šŸ˜‰

Saturn_

Saturn_

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.
Apr 22, 2024
I was scrolling through Instagram just now and there was this post which had the sentence "The world is a better place with you in it" in the post. And I literally had to laugh at that.

Idk, it's just such a silly idea to me. I just find it funny.

Only thing that makes me think is "You clearly don't know me."

These kinds of messages just never land in the slightest with me. In fact, it's the opposite. All those make me do is contradict them and remind me of how me being dead will not affect the world in the slightest. If anything, I think the world would be a slightly better place without me in it. Just slightly though, as I'm really not that important to anyone. Not even really important or impactful enough to make much worse.

Not that it matters anyway. Whether the world is a better, the same or worse place with me in it, I don't care. I lost the person I love most in the world and now I just want to die. It's the only way I can make the pain stop.
Whenever I see all-encompassingly positive posts like this that are meant to apply to EVERY reader, I can't help but think... surely you (the poster) don't think this about everyone, right? Surely you've had friends you've left behind, people in your life who have wronged you, a toxic ex even? Let's consider the rise of this mentality where people from social media get exiled for doing something "problematic", too. Would you be saying this to those people? And would you be saying this to a person like me, if you really knew me? It's all just a brainless platitude.

AllMyDreams

AllMyDreams

Experienced
Dec 12, 2021
I do think every person adds some kind of value to the world, but I agree that these kind of blanket "everyone makes the world better" statements don't serve their purpose. If you're depressed and you read a statement like that on social media, you just think "how do they even know me" and feel cynical/patronized.