N

nihility

May 25, 2020
I am scared that death will not be the end. I am scared that I will have to exist for eternity or that I can never truly die. But I need to try. I want to cease to exist forever. I hate myself. I hate my body, my mind, my entire existence. I hate everyone and everything. I am angry that my parents pulled me into existence just to suffer.

I guess the biggest thing on my mind is what happens after. Unlike most people, I dont want an afterlife. I can't stand existing even in the short 20 something years I've been here. Having to exist for eternity would be Hell.

Suicide is the answer. I need to do this. I need to get the courage to do this.

I guess there wasn't really much point to this post except to vent. My self-hatred runs deeper than anyone could imagine and I can't fucking sleep.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: rosie93, Journeytoletgo, Pen>Sword and 16 others
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
It is easy for me to say based on what I believe in, which I have come to realize is something I can not explain to you or anyone, but try not to worry too much is all. I struggle with it sometimes all the time too.

Sorry to hear about your sleep problem and maybe that can improve over time. The only thing that helps me with sleep problems is getting up and staying awake all day each day to exhaust myself and has always been this way for me. I need something to do...

It sucks to have to live this way.

• Hugs
Reactions: Trannydiary, Fehler and nihility
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
There's probably an afterlife of some sort. We came from someplace and we're going somewhere. You're not getting out of that. But that doesn't mean it'll be anything like this life. Most legends portray the afterlife as "sort of like Earth but extra nasty". I don't think you need to be afraid of that. Whatever comes after this will be different. We can't know if it'll be better or worse, but it'll be different. It's a comforting thought.

Reactions: nihility, Myforevercharlie, Pricelessadvice and 1 other person
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
If life is really eternal, I bet our bodies will be different so, you might like yours next time. What I think will never change is our minds because they're related to consciousness and we would not be ourselves anymore if minds changed.

Anyway, I think eternal nothingness is the only thing coming but if there's some kind of afterlife, I'm not scared at all. I mean, I was already born in a hell! Even innocent children die in this world. How worse can things get? Something better should be coming!

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: angelwings, nihility, NodusTollens and 2 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
If the ghost in the machine; the "I" or whatever is not produced by the brain but rather received by it, you mean? Without a body and a brain (those will disappear with death) I fail to see how this consciousness or "I" can experience anything or really exist. Then many say that it will jump to a new brain. Well except for a few supposed cases that I will dismiss, no one remembers any past lives. Why? Memories are obviously stored in the brain.

Wish the shamans a few thousand years back didn't start spreading myths whilst high on psychedelics, then people would be less scared.

Last edited:
Reactions: RedHarlequin, Sprite_Geist, demuic and 2 others
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
If the ghost in the machine; the "I" or whatever is not produced by the brain but rather received by it, you mean? Without a body and a brain (those will disappear with death) I fail to see how this consciousness or"I" can experience anything or really exist. Then many say that it will jump to a new brain. Well except for a few supposed cases that I will dismiss, no one remembers any past lives. Why? Memories are obviously stored in the brain.

Wish the shamans a few thousand years back didn't start spreading myths whilst high on psychedelics, then people would be less scared.
An infinite set of endless possibilities exists with the potential for anything and everything that everyone knows about to be completely annihilated and become something different than unimaginably possibly, like a butterfly?

Is that what you are saying?

Reactions: nihility
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
An infinite set of endless possibilities exists with the potential for anything and everything that everyone knows about to be completely annihilated and become something different than unimaginably possibly, like a butterfly?

Is that what you are saying?
Can you try typing that up again? Having a tough time understanding you.

E

Endeavour

Mage
Dec 13, 2020
When we are here death is not. When death is here we are not. In death is an end to all experience and sensation, there is neither pleasure nor pain. The fear of death comes from the belief that in death, is experience. - Epicurus.

I think that's a very logical and sensible way to think about it.

Also Mark Twain when asked if he was afraid of death - "I was dead for billions of years before I was born, and it never caused me the slightest inconvenience."

I think that we only know about death (not existing) because we are alive (existing), and we are only alive because we have briefly stopped being dead.

Eventually we all go back there, and it's forever, while being here is less than the blink of an eye.

We only know the universe exists because we exist and can experience it. When we no longer exist nothing else exists, we are not there to experience it.

Letzte Ausfahrt put it well, something like - "when we die we can take nothing with us, not even the knowledge that we are dead, nor that we were ever alive".

I think that really sums it up - life (existence) is the aberration, death (non existence) is the normal state.

• Love
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, demuic, PeacefulStars and 7 others
WOODESITY

WOODESITY

Experienced
Mar 15, 2019
One of my biggest fears is uncertainty of death, i don't believe in afterlife much, it's idea that i have, what if "not me" but, whoever will be born feels himself, etc.. then that person is new me, but not me same time, if this makes sense, i never was able to clearly describe this, in way tgat someone understands.

Coming into this existence isn't worth the risks i think, so many things can go bad and suffering is unavoidable no matter what, but if lives are constantly being created, that means people are somehow forced into existence without their consent

Last edited:
  • Love
E

Endeavour

Mage
Dec 13, 2020
One of my biggest fears is uncertainty of death, i don't believe in afterlife much, it's idea that i have, what if "not me" but, whoever will be born feels himself, etc.. then that person is new me, but not me same time, if this makes sense, i never was able to clearly describe this, in way tgat someone understands.

Coming into this existence isn't worth the risks i think, so many things can go bad and suffering is unavoidable no matter what, but if lives are constantly being created, that means people are somehow forced into existence without their consent
in 1918 there were 1.5 billion people alive. 100 years later there are almost 8 billion.

They can't all be people who died and came back - so then none of them are. There can't be new people and pre-existing people being born.

And what about animals that become extinct - where do they go?

Alive - here. Dead - gone.

No rebirth, no re-incarnation, one time then whoosh - endless nothing with no experience, like being anaesthetised forever.

• Love
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, demuic, it's_all_a_game and 4 others
WOODESITY

WOODESITY

Experienced
Mar 15, 2019
in 1918 there were 1.5 billion people alive. 100 years later there are almost 8 billion.

They can't all be people who died and came back - so then none of them are. There can't be new people and pre-existing people being born.

And what about animals that become extinct - where do they go?

Alive - here. Dead - gone.

No rebirth, no re-incarnation, one time then whoosh - endless nothing with no experience, like being anaesthetised forever.
Then those religious saying are to brainwash and condition people, sort of a training, otherwise i wouldn't be worried about afterlife and such, that endless nothingness is peace to me

E

Endeavour

Mage
Dec 13, 2020
Then those religious saying are to brainwash and condition people, sort of a training, otherwise i wouldn't be worried about afterlife and such, that endless nothingness is peace to me
I do hope so, I really don't see the point of going round and round in circles doing it over and over again.

And what about before the universe or earth existed, where were we then?

And what when the earth dies, the sun explodes, or however it all ends - where do we go then?

We can't be reborn can we, so why would we be reborn over and over again now and until then, and then pooof - nothingness.

To me it only makes sense that we're born, we can experience through some weird chemical and electrical and neurological quirks, and when we die that stops for good.

Like when my laptop dies and I buy a new one - it isn't my old one, reborn in a different case. The old one is gone, a new one takes it's place.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: demuic, it's_all_a_game, nihility and 1 other person
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Can you try typing that up again? Having a tough time understanding you.
It is not important do not worry about it. I would not expect you or anyone else to understand anyways, not really, not the same way I do. I have this as an understanding.

Phasic deficits of mine force me to try and be real clear with what I say when I communicate, and I apologize if my words are difficult to decipher for you.

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
It is not important do not worry about it. I would not expect you or anyone else to understand anyways, not really, not the same way I do. I have this as an understanding.

Phasic deficits of mine force me to try and be real clear with what I say when I communicate, and I apologize if my words are difficult to decipher for you.
Just type it in a different way, what's the problem?

demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
When we are here death is not. When death is here we are not. In death is an end to all experience and sensation, there is neither pleasure nor pain. The fear of death comes from the belief that in death, is experience. - Epicurus.

I think that's a very logical and sensible way to think about it.

Also Mark Twain when asked if he was afraid of death - "I was dead for billions of years before I was born, and it never caused me the slightest inconvenience."

I think that we only know about death (not existing) because we are alive (existing), and we are only alive because we have briefly stopped being dead.

Eventually we all go back there, and it's forever, while being here is less than the blink of an eye.

We only know the universe exists because we exist and can experience it. When we no longer exist nothing else exists, we are not there to experience it.

Letzte Ausfahrt put it well, something like - "when we die we can take nothing with us, not even the knowledge that we are dead, nor that we were ever alive".

I think that really sums it up - life (existence) is the aberration, death (non existence) is the normal state.
Precisely, that is why I don't consider any kind of afterlife a possibility.

Reactions: Endeavour