vuberpoot1

vuberpoot1

Nov 7, 2023
I lurked on this forum a while ago, but recently I've had a pretty bad time with life which brought me back here. I only started really participating a week ago, but I'm slowly starting to think that this is one of my favorite communities to be a part of on the internet. Just about everyone I've come across is so helpful and encouraging, and even when we're talking about depressing or macabre subjects, everyone just wants the best for one another. I've seldom come across such a large group of people that only wants to lift each other up. Of course, there's a few bad apples here and there, but they're so few and far between that they pretty much feel irrelevant.

I've arrived here at this forum while at the lowest point of my life, but somehow being here feels like some of that load is being taken off of my shoulders. I actually look forward to finishing my daily regimen so I can come here and interact with you guys across all the various posts I find. It's strange, I've never really had that feeling before for anything. But it's comforting.

Thank you, friends. I really appreciate everyone on here.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Catch-22, Forever Sleep, milquetoast and 30 others
just_a_guy

just_a_guy

thispersondoesnotexist
Oct 27, 2023
I'm glad you're finding value in this community. I think when we feel like anomalies and we gather in a community filled with anomalies, it validates and normalises who we are and we find a sense of belonging.

Reactions: Redacted24, LionsTigersAndBears, natthebrat and 8 others
ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
I share the same sentiment, I feel like I belong here and I look forward to seeing people's responses, new posts and just being here for others. It's so ironic that such a community is so much better than the regular counterparts. This site has even helped me with feeling less suicidal. Reading people's thoughts without censorship or having to walk on egg shells when discussing suicide is...unheard of. Only this place can do it and I'm very thankful for it

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: vuberpoot1, Redacted24 and LionsTigersAndBears
iori011x3

iori011x3

Selflessness, contribution, service ❤️
Nov 28, 2023
i agree! i wanted to ctb for a while until i finally starting actively posting. it's so funny that a suicide forum with such a bad rep in mainstream media is what's keeping me alive. i truly do love so many people on here. i've been given a lot of good advice and it's just so nice to be able to talk about my feelings without worrying about someone calling the cops on me or being hospitalized. i wake up checking my notifications on here because i love reading what people have to say, at least on the recovery side. i've started staying off suicide discussion to prevent myself from spiralling down ctb thoughts all over again.

i'm so glad i found this site. there's some people on here that i genuinely look up to a lot but am scared to interact with them haha.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: vuberpoot1 and Redacted24
Labyrinth

Labyrinth

There is no escaping the burden of existence
Jan 8, 2024
We feel empathy for people with whom we identify. We are unknown and distant, but we have reciprocal understanding.

penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
Kudos, happy you like it here <3