peerlesscucumber

peerlesscucumber

Petting a cat might change my mind
Oct 27, 2023
I started SHing in 2021, tried to recover and relapsed a year ago, I've been hiding this away from my family ever since then.

I've been trying to open up since a month after I started self harming, but I've been unable to because of my inability to open up and my own worries over how my family would react.

I had a date set to talk about this to my family, August 12th 2024. I even had a little speech and time set for when I would do it.

Thing is, turns out my sister also started doing this shit like a month ago, and her dumbass decided it was a great idea to cut while in class with her classmates, and also, started doing it regularly at home too

I knew, I'm not stupid and I could see the marks on her arms, but I honestly didn't give a fuck. Don't get me wrong, I love her, but I felt kind of jealous over the fact that she got found out so easily, something that I've been trying to do for a year and my luck has been forcing me to avoid.

My parents are seeing therapy costs for her, even tho she's only been doing this stuff for less than 3 weeks.

I'm jealous, I know I lack empathy, but ever since this happened, I've found myself becoming more and more bitter towards her.

I still can't figure out how to open up, and now I feel like I'm obligated not to because I'll be taking away her spotlight and she might get bitter like me too

• Hugs
Reactions: promapicide and EvisceratedJester
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Why don't you try just sending them a text message or something? That's what I did when I needed to open up to my mother. Also, why don't you try and look at the bright side (I feel so lame using that phrase, lol)? Now that she has open up you can better gauge how they will likely react when you finally open up about it.

Reactions: promapicide