Remanant

Remanant

Sep 13, 2023
Whenever I push the chair to hang, I just hit the ground. I stand approximately 5 foot from the ground and yet I manage to either touch the ground flat with my feet or on my tip toes. I can't raise the height to which I tie my rope since I'm tying it to a ceiling fan. I'm tying a slipknot and rope length is approx 70 inches.I can't cut the rope to make it shorter as well because my noose is right below the knot on the fan. i tried checking the guide but they're only showing advice for partial hanging whereas I'm doing full hanging which I find more peaceful. Any advice?

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Well, you need a higher anchor point for your rope. I doubt you have any other options. I wouldn't try partial as imo the failure rate is much higher.

Reactions: Remanant
fishlover

fishlover

in the end, nothing matters
Sep 17, 2023
you need a higher hanging point, and likely a different length of rope. here's a helpful chart- apparently the length of the rope matters relative to your weight. Dropheit
unfortunately ceilings are only so tall. you might want to find a different hanging spot.

Reactions: Remanant
Remanant

Remanant

Sep 13, 2023
Well, you need a higher anchor point for your rope. I doubt you have any other options. I wouldn't try partial as imo the failure rate is much higher.
Yeah it sucks that options are so limited. Thanks for replying!
you need a higher hanging point, and likely a different length of rope. here's a helpful chart- apparently the length of the rope matters relative to your weight. View attachment 123941
unfortunately ceilings are only so tall. you might want to find a different hanging spot.
Thanks a lot for the information, do you mind if you could tell me where you got this from?

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Thanks a lot for the information, do you mind if you could tell me where you got this from?
Probably Britsh table of drops:

Long drop isn't straightforward and needs more planning. And bc especially high places are an issue that's why people usually go with full suspension trying to compress the arteries to pass out quickly without breaking the neck.

Remanant

Remanant

Sep 13, 2023
Probably Britsh table of drops:

Long drop isn't straightforward and needs more planning. And bc especially high places are an issue that's why people usually go with full suspension trying to compress the arteries to pass out quickly without breaking the neck.
Ah I understand, thanks for the info!

Reactions: Praestat_Mori