One day too late

One day too late

I don't want hope. Hope is killing me.
Aug 14, 2020
I'm not sure if this goes here. If not, I am sorry.

I just slit my wrist and started to let the blood drip to the floor. (I just love it when when the bleed just drip right out of you.) Then I remembered the time I slit my wrist pretty bad, there was a pool of blood on the floor and I left it there. It dried up and when I scrapped it off the floor, what came out was something that looked like a wing. Unfortunately it collapsed so right now I just thought of letting it drip to a canvas to create some type of art. Too bad the color doesn't stay the same when it dries. Anyone happens to know if there is any way I can preserve the color? Some kind of coating perhaps?

• Hugs
Reactions: Skathon, Lostandlooking, Ghost2211 and 1 other person
lonelymountaingirl

lonelymountaingirl

just passing through
Oct 21, 2020
Some sort of clear-coat spray paint?

All that I can think of off the top of my head.

Reactions: sadworld
UpandDownPrincess

UpandDownPrincess

Elementalist
Dec 31, 2019
Oh, I'm sorry that was necessary today.

The oxidation in the air changes the color of your blood, so there's no real way to stop that happening. By the time you see it, it's already happening.

For artistic purposes, I'd consider mixing a bit with an acrylic paint in the color you admire. It's not quite the same, but you'll always know what's in there.

Reactions: allym101, albino_elk and sadworld
One day too late

One day too late

Aug 14, 2020

The oxidation in the air changes the color of your blood, so there's no real way to stop that happening. By the time you see it, it's already happening.

For artistic purposes, I'd consider mixing a bit with an acrylic paint in the color you admire. It's not quite the same, but you'll always know what's in there.
Thanks for your concern but my blood is the choice of medium I want to use.

Reactions: sadworld
ArtifexCorpus13

ArtifexCorpus13

Sep 30, 2020
Spray with clear coat or mix with acrylic medium

Reactions: albino_elk and sadworld
One day too late

One day too late

Aug 14, 2020
I just bought more canvases so I'll see how spraying it with clear coat will turn out.

One day too late

One day too late

Aug 14, 2020

Sorry princess, I thought you meant to mix acrylic paint to make it look like blood. I was kinda buzzed.

One day too late

One day too late

Aug 14, 2020
Clear coat works on preserving the color of the blood. Thanks ya'll.

One day too late

One day too late

Aug 14, 2020
Update: I awoken to see that the blood on the canvas had changed color. The clear coat didn't preserved the color of the blood but only slowed down the color change.