• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Now_And_Then

Now_And_Then

If I am no good , then let me out
Jun 30, 2019
I am on a visit to the Isle of Wight for two days

I am not planning to do the deed on this trip , but I am checking areas where it will be possible

I just checked the beach on the south side , pitch black at night and the waves were hitting the shore like Mike Tyson hits his opponents

There is no way my body will wash away in to the ocean which is what I want so no one will find me

I am gutted

P . S There were two men fishing by the sea water , in the pitch black of night ! Fishing ! ?

Odd

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Hotsackage, Dartz and not_a_robot
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
Look at the tide tables for the area. If you drown once the tide has turned and is going out your body will have a lot higher chance of being swept away. You could also look for local reports of tidal dangers in the area, there are always a few spots where tidal strength is higher due to certain environmental factors.

Reactions: inconsequential, Now_And_Then and not_a_robot
Letmego. Please

Letmego. Please

Wizard
Nov 18, 2018
As its only the Channel rather than say going to cornwall and having the atlantic to disappear in you will most likely wash back up onshore. There used to be a company that would offer burials at sea off the isle of white, bizarrely they were forced to stop as the bodies kept washing up back onshore prompting all kinds of distress as the police wouldn't know at first if it was a 'real' body...

I live near there & have sailed around the island a few times, your best bet would honestly be to swim out & find a P&O ferry to run you over, they do that all the time..

• Wow
Reactions: inconsequential, Now_And_Then and not_a_robot
Now_And_Then

Now_And_Then

Jun 30, 2019
Look at the tide tables for the area. If you drown once the tide has turned and is going out your body will have a lot higher chance of being swept away. You could also look for local reports of tidal dangers in the area, there are always a few spots where tidal strength is higher due to certain environmental factors.
Thanks for the advice

It says on the signs on that beach that there are no life guards and to call the coast guard if there is any accident

So I think at pitch black at night should be okay

I will definitely go in fully clothed if I do go ahead with this and I plan to have a spare set of clothes and shoes in a ruck sack in case it goes tits up

Thanks again
As its only the Channel rather than say going to cornwall and having the atlantic to disappear in you will most likely wash back up onshore. There used to be a company that would offer burials at sea off the isle of white, bizarrely they were forced to stop as the bodies kept washing up back onshore prompting all kinds of distress as the police wouldn't know at first if it was a 'real' body...

I live near there & have sailed around the island a few times, your best bet would honestly be to swim out & find a P&O ferry to run you over, they do that all the time..

The channel is pretty high though , yes ?

I don't think the P&O ferries run past there , it is either Wight link catamarans or car ferries , the Hover crafts or the Brittany ferries running to France and Brittany

Would I die if I hit in to them ? They are pretty slow I think

Last edited:
Letmego. Please

Letmego. Please

Wizard
Nov 18, 2018
The channel is pretty high though , yes ?

I don't think the P&O ferries run past there , it is either Wight link catamarans or car ferries , the Hover crafts or the Brittany ferries running to France and Brittany

Would I die if I hit in to them ? They are pretty slow I think

By high do you mean deep? I will check out a few charts i still have of the area.

Any ferry that leaves Portsmouth follows the deep water channel that takes you round the back of the island. As for will a ship hitting you be dangerous, they many look slow but will average 25knts, if a bash from the hull doesn't get ya then the propellers sure will. When i was out and about on boats 10 odd yrs ago it was well know to avoid a P&O ferry like the plague, there was a massive fuss about how they ran over a sailing boat at night, didn't stop to offer assistance & then tried to hide the paint transfer evidence on their hull from the yacht they'd sunk & killed 3 people on. So yeah ferry is dangerous. There are other ways of disappearing that are boat related but sadly i am not here to guide others on things they haven't yet thought about.

Now_And_Then

Now_And_Then

Jun 30, 2019
By high do you mean deep? I will check out a few charts i still have of the area.

Any ferry that leaves Portsmouth follows the deep water channel that takes you round the back of the island. As for will a ship hitting you be dangerous, they many look slow but will average 25knts, if a bash from the hull doesn't get ya then the propellers sure will. When i was out and about on boats 10 odd yrs ago it was well know to avoid a P&O ferry like the plague, there was a massive fuss about how they ran over a sailing boat at night, didn't stop to offer assistance & then tried to hide the paint transfer evidence on their hull from the yacht they'd sunk & killed 3 people on. So yeah ferry is dangerous. There are other ways of disappearing that are boat related but sadly i am not here to guide others on things they haven't yet thought about.

I will think about that method . I am not a good swimmer , so I doubt I'd reach as far as the ships

Shanklin beach seems the most possible , Ryde beach there are too many people even at night and I am sure Ventnor is the same

I could try and get my self un-conscious I suppose

I have just taken a picture of the site I want to do this on

What do you guys think ?

Here :

Attachments

• 20190705_213642.jpg
    20190705_213642.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Letmego. Please

Letmego. Please

Wizard
Nov 18, 2018
Not been able to find the chart i need, but just as a basic thing if you wish to go for a swim make sure the tide is going out.

Cannot really tell much from the photo, but as a general idea i think you would be better off with a researched method. way too many lifeboats stationed in the area if you are spotted.

Now_And_Then

Now_And_Then

Jun 30, 2019
There are only life boat stations in Ryde , Bembridge , Yarmouth , Fresh water and Cowes according to a site

I will research a bit more

Letmego. Please

Letmego. Please

Wizard
Nov 18, 2018
There are only life boat stations in Ryde , Bembridge , Yarmouth , Fresh water and Cowes according to a site

I will research a bit more

Dont forget Haling island, langstone harbour, portsmouth harbour, gosport etc who all go out on missing persons calls plus there is the helicopter too. Plus just because there is not a lifeboat station near where you intend to go swimming is not a 'ok that'll be fine' they are stationed to cover the whole of the island.

I'm not saying going for a swim will not kill you, it might well but your body will wash up either on the island or further down the solent. And honestly it is the most harebrained scheme i have read here in a while.