assisted

assisted

šŸ„
Jul 7, 2022
I am on the brink of suicide. My "friend" is aware. I am an ex-Christian. My "friend" is aware. I have a lot of religious trauma. My "friend" is aware. I was talking on the phone with my "friend" and made a comment about the Christian religion. My "friend" got triggered and hung up on me. They have broke up with me for a similar reason in the past: I "wasn't Christian enough" to be their friend. I can't handle this person hurting me over and over again. They are never there for me when I really need them.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: Lamentice, Beeko, not-2-b-the-answer and 5 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
The truth is that you just cannot trust and rely on people after all, and it's simply just the way that things are. Other people really don't care about our suffering and only care about what directly affects themselves.

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
M

missingpeace

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2023
Religious people are extremely closed-minded is what I've found. They are so indoctrinated by what is right and what is wrong that they lose all sense of empathy towards humans and what an individual is going through. Stick to people who are accepting of who you are and are open to your points of view. I'm sure there are plenty of people like that on this forum.

• Love
Reactions: Lamentice, anguila_anguila, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
DrivenSneeze1

DrivenSneeze1

disoriented, having lost one's sense of direction.
Feb 23, 2023
sounds like you dodged a bullet tbh

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and paoS
Ruma

Ruma

Experienced
Dec 26, 2021
They sound toxic,and not really a ' friend', it's probably for the best.

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and paoS
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I'm sorry you lost your friend. I was raised in the christian faith. Not sure what I am now, I don't follow their beliefs.
I think there is something higher than us but I don't know what that is.
Christians can be the most judgemental people. If you can maybe find other friends.
I certainly can't talk to my friends christian or not about wanting to die.
Hugs...:hug:

freecoffee

freecoffee

Feb 6, 2023
People can get so caught up in their own views. It's so unfortunate how even in something as baseless as religion, where all but any theory has at least some merit, people try to hold onto their beliefs by closing themselves off from any other possibility. It's a good thing you realize a real friend wouldn't leave you for a reason as trivial as this.

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer