sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I can't believe that it's been more than 5 years since I graduated high school. I haven't seen anyone from my high school in 5 years (except for my friends). It still feels like 2018 to me so it's insane that it's been 5 years since.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Rocinante, ClaudeCTTE, Kundalini Guy and 4 others
SentimentalTrip

SentimentalTrip

Mar 30, 2023
I get how you feel. I graduated around the same time and it's weird to think back on that time. It feels like it wasn't too long ago, and at the same time it feels it was an eternity ago.

I remember feeling devastated when I graduated high school because I stopped having a routine and I stopped seeing my friends frequently. I remember longing for my high school days. But eventually I came to realize that high school wasn't great and I was just romanticizing my past.

Reactions: sserafim
ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023
I prefer to forget all my high school classmates. Those bastards don't deserve to exist.
Thanks to the pandemic, I haven't seen them again. They only made me feel bad and excluded me for being a weirdo.

I only miss my elementary school friends; they truly appreciated my friendship. It's a shame that fate separated us 9 years ago...

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
It's been a little over two years since I've graduated high school and while there were aspects I liked about it (it was definitely better than university) I don't really miss it. I started cutting off some of my friends at the beginning of grade 11 and had cut all ties with them during the later half of that year, when lockdown started. I only had three friends back then and I was starting to drift apart from them. I didn't really talk to anyone, my classes were a mixed bag, and while I liked the sense of community that my high school fostered, I never really felt like I was apart of it. I felt more like an observer rather than a particpant.

I do sometimes forget that I graduated over two years ago. It feels less than that. But then again, thanks to the internet and the pandemic, my perception of time is kind of fucked, lol.

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I get how you feel. I graduated around the same time and it's weird to think back on that time. It feels like it wasn't too long ago, and at the same time it feels it was an eternity ago.

I remember feeling devastated when I graduated high school because I stopped having a routine and I stopped seeing my friends frequently. I remember longing for my high school days. But eventually I came to realize that high school wasn't great and I was just romanticizing my past.
I was happy to graduate high school because I hated it at the time, and looked forward to college. Now that I've graduated college, I realized that high school wasn't that bad. I wish I could re-live my high school and college lives. I hate adulting and being an adult. I hate having to live in the "real world".
It's been a little over two years since I've graduated high school and while there were aspects I liked about it (it was definitely better than university) I don't really miss it. I started cutting off some of my friends at the beginning of grade 11 and had cut all ties with them during the later half of that year, when lockdown started. I only had three friends back then and I was starting to drift apart from them. I didn't really talk to anyone, my classes were a mixed bag, and while I liked the sense of community that my high school fostered, I never really felt like I was apart of it. I felt more like an observer rather than a particpant.

I do sometimes forget that I graduated over two years ago. It feels less than that. But then again, thanks to the internet and the pandemic, my perception of time is kind of fucked, lol.
My perception of time is fucked as well. I think it's due to my ADHD as well as the pandemic. I get what you said about feeling like an observer rather than a participant. I've felt like an observer for all of my life, I felt like I was observing rather than participating in life. I've also never felt like I was a part of a community. I've never felt a true sense of belonging. I've always felt like an outsider.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocinante