• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

T

Thanatos123

Student
Feb 18, 2020
Hey everyone
I've been researching the various methods posted here for a while now to see which one suits me best and I wanted to ask a few questions about full suspension hanging.

1) Would placing padding on the carotid arteries such as cornhole bags along with the rope make things easier/faster/less painful?

2) Where can I ctb using this method? I know in the woods would be doable but some trees are very tall or have thin branches. Are there other places other than forests/woods? I've thought of doing this in my basement using one of the beams, but I don't live alone.

3) What width does the rope have to be? I've read some posters recommending a 10mm rope, others say 15 – 20mm and others 25 - 30mm. What would you recommend for someone who's about 90kg and about 190cm? How do I determine the width?

4) Regarding rope placement, many say the rope should be placed at the back of the neck to be more effective. Do you think this is accurate?

Thank you all and I hope one day you'll find the peace and rest you're seeking!

Reactions: Failedboy, TimeToBiteTheDust and death137
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
There are others who know more this but since its also my method I've some info.

Placing of padding depends on the rope. If the rope is elastic or thin then yeah it makes the passing less painful. If the rope is soft and thick then I don't know if padding is recommended or not.

I myself didn't found good location outside home so I don't know good outside home locations.

If the rope is strong then I think even small diameters (below 10mm) will support your 90kg weight but to be sure and make the passing comfortable and less painful then 10-20mm are great.

People who attempted full suspension like @Lady black recommend rope placement to be at the back. Not completely full suspension but only my leg fingers touching the ground I once was about to quickly loss consciousness and the placement was between back and left. So back seems good placement. Also the person I linked recommend a hangman noose instead of slipknot.

• Hugs
Reactions: Failedboy, Thanatos123 and Deleted member 4993
Silver

Silver

The 21st century is when everything changes
Aug 8, 2020
1. Padding is ok, better over the front of the neck to cushion the trachea. You don't want to protect the arteries; you want to compress them.

2. You can ctb anywhere you can hang from. Your parents' basement would probably be ok unless you don't want them to discover your body.

3. Generally 10mm to 16mm is suggested, a non-stretchy rope. Too thick and it's less likely to be effective. Just try to find a rope that is guaranteed to hold your weight at a minimum.

4. I'm putting the knot at the back of the neck. It felt the most comfortable position for me.

The noose should be a slipknot so it tightens with your weight. Hangman's noose is for proper drop executions.

Reactions: Failedboy and Thanatos123
T

Thanatos123

Student
Feb 18, 2020
There are others who know more this but since its also my method I've some info.

Placing of padding depends on the rope. If the rope is elastic or thin then yeah it makes the passing less painful. If the rope is soft and thick then I don't know if padding is recommended or not.

I myself didn't found good location outside home so I don't know good outside home locations.

If the rope is strong then I think even small diameters (below 10mm) will support your 90kg weight but to be sure and make the passing comfortable and less painful then 10-20mm are great.

People who attempted full suspension like @Lady black recommend rope placement to be at the back. Not completely full suspension but only my leg fingers touching the ground I once was about to quickly loss consciousness and the placement was between back and left. So back seems good placement. Also the person I linked recommend a hangman noose instead of slipknot.

Thank you!
1. Padding is ok, better over the front of the neck to cushion the trachea. You don't want to protect the arteries; you want to compress them.

2. You can ctb anywhere you can hang from. Your parents' basement would probably be ok unless you don't want them to discover your body.

3. Generally 10mm to 16mm is suggested, a non-stretchy rope. Too thick and it's less likely to be effective. Just try to find a rope that is guaranteed to hold your weight at a minimum.

4. I'm putting the knot at the back of the neck. It felt the most comfortable position for me.

The noose should be a slipknot so it tightens with your weight. Hangman's noose is for proper drop executions.

Absolutely!
Thank you!

That's the reason for using padding placed at the front to compress the carotid arteries.
I absolutely want to avoid ctb in my basement for I don't want my wife to be traumatized. I was thinking to build a platform or something similar to hangman using screwed metal parts or something like that. The platform would be placed on a deep bucket filled with cement and the platform itself will be very tall(about 2.3 - 2.4m) so that I can bury the platform and prevent it from falling when I do the hanging.
This is still something I'm thinking about. I hope I'll find a better solution in case if I can ctb in the woods using trees.

Last edited:
Reactions: Failedboy