Jun 25, 2022
Prescription medicine makes me feel like a zombie

• Hugs
Reactions: moshimoshi, idk3, ForsakenDial and 1 other person
Ares

Ares

Tʜᴇ Sᴛʀᴏɴɢᴇsᴛ
Apr 27, 2024
Excercise. I have PTSD as well, though mine is more on the dissociation side of things. Spend the pent up anger on push ups, sit ups, etc. Use it as motivation, or use it until you get tired, whatever your objective is.

• Love
Reactions: moshimoshi and thenamingofcats
WhenTheyCry

WhenTheyCry

Experienced
Jun 25, 2022
Excercise. I have PTSD as well, though mine is more on the dissociation side of things. Spend the pent up anger on push ups, sit ups, etc. Use it as motivation, or use it until you get tired, whatever your objective is.
I have a pullup cage, exercise bike, rowing machine, punching bag. Exercise only temporarily relieves me and if I overdo it I risk injuring my muscles and joints.

• Love
Reactions: moshimoshi and Ares
Ares

Ares

Tʜᴇ Sᴛʀᴏɴɢᴇsᴛ
Apr 27, 2024
I have a pullup cage, exercise bike, rowing machine, punching bag. Exercise only temporarily relieves me and if I overdo it I risk injuring my muscles and joints.
Ah. In that case, I don't have many other ideas. I simply excercise until I can't move anymore, though I understand wanting to spare yourself from injury. Maybe try taking a cold shower, or pouring your energy into something else that feels constructive? Beyond that, I don't have anything that works. There are some meditation threads somewhere here, those might be worth a shot if you've exhausted all of your other options..? Though I can't attest if they'll work for you or not.

Reactions: WhenTheyCry
I

idk3

Student
Sep 10, 2023
Maybe Psychedelics can help

Last edited:
Reactions: moshimoshi and WhenTheyCry
T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
Since PTSD is a disorder of stress you might want to check out adaptogens.

WhenTheyCry

WhenTheyCry

Experienced
Jun 25, 2022
Since PTSD is a disorder of stress you might want to check out adaptogens.
I'm going to try this, thanks. I used lion's mane (not sure if that's an adaptogen) before and it made me constantly itchy.
Maybe Psychedelics can help

I'm worried about getting a bad trip and my parents discovering it. They don't approve of psychedelics and think people get addicted to them and go crazy.

• Hugs
Reactions: idk3 and Ares
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
They don't approve of psychedelics and think people get addicted to them and go crazy.
that can be a possibility, and so can the bad trip. from my personal experiences psychedelics arent just something you take. they call it a "guided ritual" for a reason.

personally, id try self work. thats helped me a lot more than any drug

Reactions: WhenTheyCry and Ares
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
I have complex PTSD and occasionally supplement with black gold mushroom elixir. It's basically a blend of different mushroom extracts and I find helps with my anxiety and sleep. I only take it when needed and not as a daily supplement.

I

idk3

Student
Sep 10, 2023
I'm going to try this, thanks. I used lion's mane (not sure if that's an adaptogen) before and it made me constantly itchy.

I'm worried about getting a bad trip and my parents discovering it. They don't approve of psychedelics and think people get addicted to them and go crazy.
I think once you've tried everything, you have nothing to lose and should at least take the risk and try to see if it works for you. Having someone there with you who knows what to do if you have a bad trip is a must.

I wish you all the best recovering from this :heart:

• Love
Reactions: WhenTheyCry and moshimoshi
WhenTheyCry

WhenTheyCry

Experienced
Jun 25, 2022
that can be a possibility, and so can the bad trip. from my personal experiences psychedelics arent just something you take. they call it a "guided ritual" for a reason.

personally, id try self work. thats helped me a lot more than any drug
From what I've seen, shrooms are the future of PTSD treatment. I wish I could fast forward like 5 years or something, maybe by then the medical industry will recognize its usage. Yeah but if you cure a disease, you no longer make money from it do you. They want to continue pushing these ineffective antipsychotics and keep siphoning our bank accounts. I took depakote and olanzapine and decided to give up on them, they're worthless.