Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
I don't disagree that they're illnesses/disorders. However I was thinking about organizing the cooking folder on my laptop. I'm one of those people that have a folder for everything, with many folders within other folders so it's all neatly organized (I may have OCD). I was thinking what if I'm in a professional setting, I wouldnt want them seeing anything except my portfolio or else that would be unprofessional. I could use the hidden function but I would feel uncomfortable not being able to see it.
I have mental inconveniences. It just feels better then trying to explain to a potential boss that you have mental disorders so sorry it looks a little messy but I like my folder there.

• Hugs
Reactions: waitingforrest
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
There are many employers for whom a candidate who is "neatly organized" would be desirable.

Reactions: lex and Celerity
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
There are many employers for whom a candidate who is "neatly organized" would be desirable.
thats kind of the problem. seeing my personal folder beside my professional folder would look unprofessional. preference would be to hide the personal folder so that it looks neater and more professional, but because of the way i am i dont want that folder hidden so it wouldnt look as neat and professional as it could be.

Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
Years ago, when I was working, I had my personal folder on a USB stick (which I always took home). Maybe that would be easier for you.
//
Jo fa anys, quan treballava, tenía la meva carpeta personal en un llapis USB (que sempre me'n duia a casa). Potser així et sería més fàcil.

• Informative
Reactions: waitingforrest and rationaltake
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
Could you just rename the folder? Call it "Archive" or anything really? Or would that not sit well with your OCD? I have OCD too.

Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
In what format are these recipes? I enjoy Pinterest. I'm definitely not organized with my recipes there, but I could if I wanted to be. I add notes in the comments for any adjustments I make to the recipe.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
In what format are these recipes?
i just use libreoffice writer
Could you just rename the folder? Call it "Archive" or anything really? Or would that not sit well with your OCD? I have OCD too.
this would probably work, although id want to use something that still suggested it like PW for "personal work" or something
Years ago, when I was working, I had my personal folder on a USB stick (which I always took home). Maybe that would be easier for you.
//
Jo fa anys, quan treballava, tenía la meva carpeta personal en un llapis USB (que sempre me'n duia a casa). Potser així et sería més fàcil.
id prefer to keep it together because they go together. plus i have a few topics for usbs like my music, art, writing, templates, photos, wicca, ect. so i dont need another usb lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Dead Ghost
lex

lex

Just another statistic
Jul 7, 2020
You could create a new account on your laptop that is strictly for work. Your cooking folder stays separate on your personal account

M

Muach

Jan 28, 2022
I don't disagree that they're illnesses/disorders. However I was thinking about organizing the cooking folder on my laptop. I'm one of those people that have a folder for everything, with many folders within other folders so it's all neatly organized (I may have OCD). I was thinking what if I'm in a professional setting, I wouldnt want them seeing anything except my portfolio or else that would be unprofessional. I could use the hidden function but I would feel uncomfortable not being able to see it.
I have mental inconveniences. It just feels better then trying to explain to a potential boss that you have mental disorders so sorry it looks a little messy but I like my folder there.

You are not alone, you are, aka, one of a kind. So you feel better, i have a medical certificate with diagnosis 'GAD' in my HR file.🙃

theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
Move the folder you want to hide from the desktop. In its place, put the one you want to be visible. In this way, only you will have access to your personal files

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
please stop suggesting things. you guys are completely missing the point

• Aww..
Reactions: Install-Gentoo