N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
He is autistic and has depression. But he is quite ill. He often says he feels no emotion, somatic pain and depression. We have a similar story we both were abused physically from our parents. But he is dealing with this better than i do. He has given up to work, all his life he lived in poverty (he does not think social aid is poverty), he does not know a financial better life. And he has a girlfriend even if he says women should not have human rights (WTF)
Sometimes he only lays in bed for like 20 hours because of his illness/ pain and cannot move. I asked him why he has no suicidal thoughts- He says everything is indifferent for him. But he cannot imagine to ctb.
I really don't think this attitude would fit to me. I am very neurotic. And quiet the opposite. But is this really better to have a stoical calm and accept everything what happens? For me i have the feeling that i have to protest against life. And suicide is one answer for it.

Reactions: TriggerHappy
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
I also find it hard to understand how some people can accept everything that happens to them, no matter how bad it is, but refuse to consider suicide as a solution. I know of people who have been through similar things to me who are not suicidal and even some that have been through worse things but still refuse to CTB. If I compare myself to them, it only makes me feel more worthless because it reminds me of how weak I am as a person.

I do think that it is a good thing to accept that we can't control everything that happens to us so we don't obsess over everything (so I think your friend's reasoning makes a little bit of sense), but if suicide is something we CAN control, then it's something worth considering. Unfortunately, it's pretty difficult to convince some people of that, especially if they have the mindset that they can handle all kinds of things without CTBing, so everyone else should be able to do the same.

Reactions: TriggerHappy and disabledandhopeless