D

darkwater

Experienced
Apr 17, 2021
Up there sits an almighty God who created us in his own image. Then he created man with all his faults. But still he punishes him because of his shortcomings. Then he sends prophets to tell us how to live and how to dress. If we do not follow this, some feel entitled to kill us. What kind of God is this, a psychopath?

Last edited:
Reactions: Forever Sleep, actual_fox, come to dust and 3 others
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
Up there sits an almighty God who created us in his own image. Then he created man with all his faults. But still he punishes him because of his shortcomings. Then he sends prophets to tell us how to live and how to dress. If we do not follow this, some feel entitled to kill us. What kind of God is this a psychopath?
Yeah. I have a hard time believing the creator of the universe (if there is one) would be so incredibly petty. I also doubt they have a gender.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Twntysix and apple2myeye!
flightless bird

flightless bird

somewhere over the rainbow
Aug 18, 2022
Monotheistic religions are just evil, their only function is to keep people unconscious, they do nothing but ruin lives...

Reactions: Twntysix and apple2myeye!
niiina

niiina

🌸
Aug 20, 2022
I always had a hard time believing religion too, I still assume I can be wrong, but I think religions all reflect the people who wrote their sacred books and the time it was written, more than god itself, it was just reflecting those people in that period of time.

Imagine a force created ALL things in the whole universe condemning me, a newbie tiny creature in the scale of things, because I've had some sodomy 😒
Or maybe god is unfair and this world is its reflection.

I still will go with non believe.

Reactions: Forever Sleep, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and darkwater
BruhXDDDDD

BruhXDDDDD

Student
Feb 18, 2022
I used to have the same hate boner for monotheistic religions until I found that plenty of Indian/folk religions tend to pull exactly the same kind of shit. I still generally think monotheistic ones are worse but not by as much as I used to think. Despite that, I'd much rather be around a devout theist than a reddit atheist.

As far as monotheistic religions go, though, I have a lot of respect for Sikhism/Bahai. From what I've read (I admit I don't know very much) they've historically had a relatively high degree of religious toleration with some major exceptions (mainly conflicts with Muslims). Quakers are also generally quite rad. The only thing I can immediately think to pin them on is contributing to the use of solitary confinement (which I don't think was done with malicious intent).

ok i'm going way off topic here

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: apple2myeye! and lofticries
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
it was just reflecting those people in that period of time.
Correct. Angry little men made a religion in which God is an angry little man in the sky. Not a coincidence.

• Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Absolutely. If there truly is some omnipotent mastermind behind all of this, I really can't see how they can be good...

I get the whole being afraid of the wrath of God but loving them as a teacher and a parent? What teacher sends THEIR OWN children to hell? (For anything- let alone minor misdemeanors). What parent concocts all the utterly horrendous diseases we can contract and die from and punishes us (with you guessed it- hell) if we feel like we can't cope anymore and decide to quit early?

All I can imagine (except I can't actually imagine it- I can't get my ahead around it) is that all this suffering (a lot of it undeserved) on earth is preparing us for something else- that's the ONLY reason I can see for it if we are to believe God is good. WTF could that be? Not reincarnation according to most monotheist religions. Can heaven REALLY be that good to make up for putting up with all this shit and not breaking the 'rules'?

Plus- we have varying degrees of hardship to deal with- some people DO have a harder time than others- yet we're all going to be judged by the same scoresheet? Something seems off...

Himalayan

Himalayan

"Wake up to reality, nothing ever goes as planned"
Sep 30, 2022
Monotheistic/ abrahamic origins are pure cancer.

Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
I have a hard time respecting any religion, not just monotheistic ones. Mainly because all of them tend to praise their god(s), never even considering to condemn them for this mistake of a world, and their employing of false ideas like 'free will' in an effort to draw blame away from the truly responsible god and onto humans.