Nexey

Nexey

Student
Feb 18, 2021
I really, really want to bring back Disco.

I need advice on how tf I'm supposed to do this.

Reactions: kayali
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Convince Tik Tok stars that it's socially progressive. Get some zoomers on SoundCloud to make their own disco tracks and spam it everywhere. Eventually pop culture will force people to believe it has to mean something because of its value in fighting the establishment or whatever.

• Love
Reactions: daddy Phil :), UseItOrLoseIt, 262653 and 2 others
ashedout

ashedout

Jan 22, 2021
Start a change.org petition demanding the return of Disco and spam social media with it

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Nexey

Nexey

Student
Feb 18, 2021
Convince Tik Tok stars that it's socially progressive. Get some zoomers on SoundCloud to make their own disco tracks and spam it everywhere. Eventually pop culture will force people to believe it has to mean something because of its value in fighting the establishment or whatever.
See, that's the thing. Disco already does have a ~socially progressive~ culture behind it. It's one of those few genres here in the States that isn't attached to a singular racial group. That, and LGB individuals were more welcome in Disco clubs than most places at the time it was popular. Just look up Studio 54. Disco was also famous in eastern Europe at one point... which has obvious appeal to you-know-whos.

Yet, nothing. It's been a meme for decades now that Disco is dead and never coming back. Which genuinely bums me out.

Last edited:
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020

This sounds like an awesome idea!

Nexey

Nexey

Student
Feb 18, 2021
This sounds like an awesome idea!
Zoomies are too busy listening to Indie music and appropriating Millennial trends to notice good media when it's right in front of them.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc and WornOutLife
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Zoomies are too busy listening to Indie music and appropriating Millennial trends to notice good media when it's right in front of them.

haha you've made me laugh! You're right!

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc and Nexey
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I guess you could try getting a head start in trying to appeal to Gen Alpha (the generation after Z and born from 2012-2020). Make the zoomers feel the same way we do now.

Nexey

Nexey

Student
Feb 18, 2021
I guess you could try getting a head start in trying to appeal to Gen Alpha (the generation after Z and born from 2012-2020). Make the zoomers feel the same way we do now.
That's true. I suppose you're right that a form of social engineering would probably help revitalize the genre more than anything. I have this feeling that the culture behind it would get left in the dust of time in any case.

I've also had thoughts of being like FilthyFrank/Joji. Put out art/videos/whatever and getting famous off of that, just to turn around and release music out of seemingly nowhere. The only issue is, he's the only man I can think of that has managed to utilize this tactic in a effective way. Most e-celebs who try to pull this off fail miserably. To be fair, that might have something to do with the fact that their music is usually awful.

• Love
Biggie

Biggie

Feb 24, 2020
For some of us, disco never left! ‍

• Love
Reactions: Nexey
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I've also had thoughts of being like FilthyFrank/Joji. Put out art/videos/whatever and getting famous off of that, just to turn around and release music out of seemingly nowhere. The only issue is, he's the only man I can think of that has managed to utilize this tactic in a effective way. Most e-celebs who try to pull this off fail miserably. To be fair, that might have something to do with the fact that their music is usually awful.
That would be so cool though I personally think the nature of his video was what made his musical talent stand out so much. If he had just started out making music he probably wouldn't have been seen as much.

Reactions: Nexey