m1v

m1v

Eternal flower fields
Feb 27, 2023
Title. I have a cleaning obsession, I'm obsessed with cleanliness sometimes..When I see something that's not right, I can't stop myself from fixing it! Occasionally, it interferes with my job, my coworkers don't mind though, since i'm just tidying the place up. But actually should I just become a janitor lol
Any tips for me or similar experiences..? My knees hurts from cleaning so much... :(

• Hugs
Reactions: Daxter_87 and Rocinante
sometimes.sometimes

sometimes.sometimes

Student
Jun 4, 2023
Title. I have a cleaning obsession, I'm obsessed with cleanliness sometimes..When I see something that's not right, I can't stop myself from fixing it! Occasionally, it interferes with my job, my coworkers don't mind though, since i'm just tidying the place up. But actually should I just become a janitor lol
Any tips for me or similar experiences..? My knees hurts from cleaning so much... :(
I also, too, go through that. I don't have much advice for you, to be honest. My family always got mad at me when I did that, especially since I would invade their personal space because they are really messy. When I used to clean near them, since they are messy, they would mess it up five minutes after cleaning causing a lot of panic attacks and more anger in the house. I did get diagnosed with OCD, but I think it was because I am obsessed with other things which then results in cleaning a lot.

You did say that your knees hurt from cleaning so much. Maybe set schedules throughout the day to where it gives you some time to clean? Don't make it too much, though. I'd say do it after each meal. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner only. Of course, also pick up after yourself throughout the day, especially when it comes to snacks so it doesn't attract bugs. When it comes to sweeping, the dishes, and other things of that nature, do that after each meal. If you feel yourself in pain, take a break. Take deep breaths, and distract yourself to regulate yourself. After that, go back to it.

When it comes to work, I don't know what to say especially since, sadly, I can't work in person at the moment.

I hope some of that helps knowing that I, too, go through a similar experience and I hope that little bit of advice even helps out 1%. Take care of yourself, okay? <3

• Love
Reactions: Rocinante and m1v
m1v

m1v

Eternal flower fields
Feb 27, 2023
I also, too, go through that. I don't have much advice for you, to be honest. My family always got mad at me when I did that, especially since I would invade their personal space because they are really messy. When I used to clean near them, since they are messy, they would mess it up five minutes after cleaning causing a lot of panic attacks and more anger in the house. I did get diagnosed with OCD, but I think it was because I am obsessed with other things which then results in cleaning a lot.

You did say that your knees hurt from cleaning so much. Maybe set schedules throughout the day to where it gives you some time to clean? Don't make it too much, though. I'd say do it after each meal. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner only. Of course, also pick up after yourself throughout the day, especially when it comes to snacks so it doesn't attract bugs. When it comes to sweeping, the dishes, and other things of that nature, do that after each meal. If you feel yourself in pain, take a break. Take deep breaths, and distract yourself to regulate yourself. After that, go back to it.

When it comes to work, I don't know what to say especially since, sadly, I can't work in person at the moment.

I hope some of that helps knowing that I, too, go through a similar experience and I hope that little bit of advice even helps out 1%. Take care of yourself, okay? <3
Aw you just made my day, seriously. It means a a lot to me, just the fact that you were willing to help me out is already more than enough! Thank you for your advice, and it did help me, at 101% even!

I do relate with the house issues, I don't like being watched cleaning though so I prefer places where I'm alone & undisturbed by stares, like bathrooms.

think it was because I am obsessed with other things which then results in cleaning a lot.
Well said, I think out attempts at achieving perfect tidiness might stem from deeper anxieties & obsessions we have.

Again, thank u. You have a great day and take care of yourself too, I'll try to as well. Sending hearts xx <3

Reactions: Rocinante
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
Can't relate. I have an obsession with cleanliness but it's due to appearance. Excessive washing of hands after I touch something, bathing 2-3x a day, etc..

I don't think it's a bad thing at all, more of a bad habit. Cleanliness is fine. But as you said it interferes with your job and is causing knee pain.

Reactions: m1v and Skathon
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
I don't. My room is non-intentionally a survivalist bunker. Help! :hihi:

• Love
Reactions: m1v
purity

purity

May 28, 2023
maybe exposure therapy? its like when you train yourself to not get annoyed at messes. start off with something small and not that messy and try not to clean it. then, after you get used to it, maybe work up to messier things until the point where its not a harmful habit.