• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

C

Cornbread4708

Sep 19, 2023
I cried a river while watching this movie, but the ending where the girl who is pro suicide decides to return back to her mom doesn't make sense, they haven't established any reason for her to abandon suicide. the suicide girl is right about everything in her arguments against life and suddenly decides to throw it all away

Reactions: AllCatsAreGrey
CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

Metal Fan- Wants to hang Under The Oak
May 8, 2023
I really have to watch that movie at some point.

T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
Mt

Last edited:
dumbgirlonline

dumbgirlonline

Nighty Night Princess
Sep 30, 2023
I wouldn't really say joy was suicidal in the movie, she was more of a nihilist than anything, but I think having her die would have left a rather sour ending for most people. There's a whole lot of meanings as to why joy left and came back. It could be something as deep as the way children of first generation immigrants have to somehow find a balance between growing up in an individualist society whilst maintaining and carrying on cultural beliefs and values, or just as simple as the bond between a mother and daughter. It's all subjective really.

Reactions: sadwriter
avoid

avoid

⦿ ⦿
Jul 31, 2023
It has been a while since I saw the film, but here's my take from what I remember.

Joy saw the pointlessness of her actions because there's little to live for if anything is possible in any universe. But Joy was also lonely, which is why she was searching for her mother who could perhaps understand her situation. She also didn't want to be swallowed by the everything bagel all alone.

I think Joy wanted to not be alone anymore. And with her mother in the same situation as her, now, she is not alone anymore. I hope the snippet of the EEAO script is of use to you.

JOY
Maybe you win in this universe. But in another, I beat you or we tie. Or we eat crepes. Cause all of it's a pointless swirling bucket of bullshit. That bagel is where we finally find peace Evelyn.

EVELYN
Stop calling me Evelyn! I. Am. Your. Mother!

Evelyn follows Joy in multiple universes

JOY
Seriously... can you please just... stop, Mom. Good for you. You're figuring your shit out. And that's great. But I'm tired. I don't want to hurt anymore. And for some reason when I'm with you, it hurts both of us. So, let's just go our separate ways... Please.

Evelyn continues to follow Joy in multiple universes

EVELYN
Wait. You're getting fat.

JOY
What?

EVELYN
And you never call me even though we are on a family plan and it's FREE. You only visit when you need something, and you got a tattoo, and I don't care if it's supposed to represent our family, you know I hate tattoos. Out of all of the places I could be, why would I want to be here with you? You are right. It doesn't make sense. Maybe it's like you said, maybe there is something out there, some new discovery that'll make us feel like even smaller pieces of shit. Something that explains why even after seeing everything, and giving up, you still went looking for me through all of this noise. And why no matter what, I still want to be here with you. I will always want to be here with you.

JOY
So... what? You're just going to ignore everything else? You could be anything, anywhere. Why not go somewhere where your daughter is more than just... this. Here, all we'll get are a few specks of time where any of this actually makes sense.

EVELYN
Then I will cherish these few specks of time.

Source:
Script Slug. Everything Everywhere All at Once shooting script 11-2-2022. https://assets.scriptslug.com/live/pdf/scripts/everything-everywhere-all-at-once-2022.pdf

Last edited:
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I cried a river while watching this movie, but the ending where the girl who is pro suicide decides to return back to her mom doesn't make sense, they haven't established any reason for her to abandon suicide. the suicide girl is right about everything in her arguments against life and suddenly decides to throw it all away
Idk. I thought her reasons for wanting to die were rather poor and revolved around not being loved. When her mom demonstrates that she indeed loves her, the desire to CTB disappears. I thought one of the movie's messages was that we are here to love each other and that this love can give our lives meaning. I am not saying that I agree with it 100%, but it makes sense from a narrative perspective.